Chapter 16

"My name's Hatsume Mei, and these are my babies!"

You were currently being introduced to the pinkette with the strange metal devices attached to her body. She seemed to have a very eccentric personality, a large grin plastered to her face and wide yellow eyes that were staring at you.

"(Last Name) (Name)," you responded coolly. She seemed fine with your not-so-friendly tone, instead turning to the 'babies' she created and looking over them.

"(Last Name), do you want to come up with our battle plan? And who should be our head?" Midoriya asked, eagerly awaiting your answer.

"I don't care who's the horse, but follow my lead," you instructed. Hatsume looked up with interest, a question clearly wanting to pop out.

"Can we show off my babies too?" she asked, her yellow eyes gleaming.

"Sure..." As she was happily going back to her babies, you turned to Uraraka. "You get nauseous when you use your quirk too much, right?"

When she nodded affirmative, you continued on.

"Be careful, then. If you do end up getting pukey or something, tell me and I'll make it go away..." You hesitated for a moment before deciding. "And I'll be on top. It will allow me to see anyone coming towards us."

After a couple minutes of going over your plan, which was to just wing it, but make sure you keep an eye out, you created your formation. Midoriya was to the front, Hatsume to your right, and Uraraka to your left. Uraraka was hooked up to some silver, metal boots that had engines built into the bottom. Hatsume had explained with glee that this 'baby' could enable flight.

"Has everyone created their teams yet?" Nemuri called out, swinging her flogger's whip in the air. After getting a wave of murmurs saying 'yes' from the groups, she grinned.

"Then get ready, because the second stage of the Sports Festival has...STARTED!!!"

Almost immediately after she announced to start, every single team began to head for you, their eyes fixed upon the headband with over ten million points that was placed around your head.

"Get her!" someone shouted. The teams were just getting closer, your teammates starting to panic.

You cupped your hands, focusing your energy into a small ball and compressing it together. Your hands opened, and a large flash of light exploded from your palms, blinding everyone near you, with the exception of your team.

"Yaoyorozu!" you heard Todoroki shout. Their team was currently equipped with light-protecting sunglasses.

They were also rushing towards you now too, all of them looking determined. The three people holding him up were Kaminari, Iida, and Yaoyorozu, who most definitely created the sunglasses they were wearing. On their feet were roller skates, excluding Iida, probably so they wouldn't get in the way of Iida running faster than they were able to.

Team Bakugou, who had quickly recovered from your burst of light, was also running your way, Bakugou having a murderous expression on his face. His hands were emitting explosions as he got closer and closer.

"Time to fly!" Hatsume shouted happily, clicking a button she pulled out. The rocket shoes Uraraka was wearing started up and slowly, you began to rise. You only just noticed, but the metal backpack-looking machine Hatsume was wearing was a jet pack, and it too was firing up.

"Wow, Hatsume!" Midoriya gushed, his head tilted back slightly to look at her. "Your babies are amazing!"

"I'm the one making us float," Uraraka muttered. You tapped her head lightly, making her glance up at you. You mouthed a 'good job' to her, and she nodded happily.

"Bakugou incoming!" Midoriya shouted. You whipped your head around to see Bakugou at the same height you were, his explosions propelling him up. He flew towards you, hand outstretched towards the headband you were wearing. His teammates—Ashido, Sero, and Kirishima—were all yelling at him to not jump off without telling them.

"Fucking die!!!" the ash-blond yelled, glowering at you. You rolled your eyes, reaching your hand out to grab his. He looked surprised at this before he was sent flying from an explosion of energy you sent towards him. A long strip of tape came rocketing up, wrapping around Bakugou and bringing him back down.

You landed slowly after that. Several other teams had decided to give up on you, instead choosing to go after other teams that would be easier pickings. Todoroki, Kaminari, Yaoyorozu, and Iida hadn't given up on you yet, as they were still getting ready to attack. Yaoyorozu was creating a large blanket, most likely for insulation so Kaminari could attack freely without having to worry .

A 'tch' could be heard escaping from your mouth as you snapped your fingers, creating a large barrier that would protect against quirks and people.

This sort of shield used a lot more of your energy, so you wouldn't be able to keep it up for long before you got a headache.

"Go, Kaminari," Todoroki murmured, his body now covered with the insulation sheet.

Electricity shot from his body, electrocuting the teams nearby and paralyzing them. The electric bolts were also heading towards you, bright and dangerous, however they were turned away and absorbed by your barrier, which was slowly starting to fade.

"You'll have to do better than that," you called out. 

"(Last Name), I'm stuck," Uraraka said frantically. You glanced down at her foot; there was one of Mineta's sticky balls attached to the ground and she had mistakenly placed her foot on it. 

"There should be about five minutes left by now," you mused. "Enough time to hold everyone back without feeling the stupid drawback of my quirk..."

Your body glowed with power as the energy inside you built up. As teams got closer to you and your teammates started to panic, you released it, a large wave bursting out and blowing everyone back. Even Shouto and Bakugou's team had been unable to stablize themselves, and they too had been pushed back. 

You snapped your fingers, freezing everyone in place, with the exception of your teammates.

"Uraraka, help me take a painkiller," you breathed. You had frozen your body too as she nodded, carefully relinquishing her hold on you, reaching into your pocket, and handing you a pill. Your teammates watched as you quickly took one before your pained expression slowly relaxed.

"I can last a little longer, maybe two minutes," you said slowly. Your eyes drifted around the stadium, taking note of how Shouto's eyebrows were crinkled together and he was whispering something to his team; it was most likely a new strategy. 

Something about him just filled you with a weird warmth, yet it was so comforting.