Chapter 24

After previously receiving several sheets of paper, you found yourself flipping through them. The papers had offers for the internship program you, as well as the rest of your class, would be taking part in. 

While you found that several well-known and popular heroes had given you offers, you had also read many more names of heroes you didn't know of. 

But the first name on the front piece of paper made you frown with distaste.

Endeavor.

You knew that Shouto had also received several offers from hero agencies all over Japan. You presumed that he would have also received a nomination from his father, although you weren't sure if he would choose it.

But you, on the other hand, were tempted into accepting the offer from Endeavor. He was the number two hero and seeing as how All Might wasn't making any nominations, Endeavor would be the next best person to choose.

However, you knew what he had done to his family. He had harmed Shouto and his mother, as well as isolating the dual-haired boy from the rest of his siblings.

But it wasn't really your business knowing anyway, and Endeavor didn't know that you had been informed of what had been going on inside his home. He was still the number two hero in Japan, so it might be worthwhile to accept his nomination.

  ———  

After informing Aizawa of your choice, you departed from the school grounds. It was still quite early—Nemuri would still be working for the next couple of hours or so—and you didn't really have anything you felt needed to be done. 

So instead of heading home, you walked to a small cafe that was near a park. The park itself was actually quite empty, and thus, you decided to head there after purchasing a small pastry from the cafe.

There weren't that many people walking around, whether it be on the sidewalks or in front of shops. It was calm and peaceful, although you had to admit the occasional car that drove itself past with a loud engine running was annoying at times.

You sat down on one of the swings in the play area that was located in the park. The ground, which was composed of sand granules, allowed your feet to sink in as you dug your toes into it. You slowly allowed your eyes to close as you took small bites from your baked treat. 

Around a minute after you had started to relax, you felt a strong hand clasp your shoulder, and you flinched, jumping off the swing to land a few feet away. 

It was the dark haired man with the scarred purple skin that covered a good amount of his body. The villain you'd met a short while before the Sports Festival. 

"What do you want?" You gave him a cold stare as he chuckled. 

"Not gonna pull a sword on me like you did last time? Ah, well, I guess that's better for me," he said, grinning at you. His frosty, pale blue orbs stared into yours as he opened his mouth once more to speak. "I was walking by and I noticed you sitting here by yourself. Don't you have any friends? I mean, you seem like the person who pushes everyone away and annoys them." 

He chuckled, his eyes sweeping over your body.

"Why does it matter to you?" you snapped. "If you don't need anything important, then I'm going to leave, villain."

"Ah, wait. I've been ordered to scout you out and see what weaknesses you have," he explained. 

You scowled at him. "I don't even know who you are."

"The name's Dabi."

You were so close to smacking him upside the head; he was utterly annoying the hell out of you. His answers to your questions, what he wanted, the fact that he ruined your quiet and alone time...

"If you want to fight, go ahead. But I'm going to kick your ass," you grumbled. 

He chuckled again before replying, "I know that you most likely will. You won the Sports Festival at Yuuei, and against Endeavor's kid and that explosion boy. So clearly you have power. But I've dealt with life and death more than you have, so you shouldn't underestimate me."

As his lips shut, you watched him lift his hands up. Blue flames began to swirl around his fingers as heat resonated outwards. While the warmth was comforting at first, the flames quickly grew hotter into an unbearable heat that could burn the entirety of the park you were in.

Swinging your hand up, you formed a sphere of energy that wrapped itself around Dabi's hand, quickly extinguishing the flames. He frowned, his dark brows knitting together before he chuckled.

"So you can stop my quirk," he muttered. "It doesn't matter. Once the boss gets his hands on your quirk, we'll beat your dumb heroes and show you that we're stronger."

You glared coldly at him before extending your thumb and index finger into a gun shape.

"Then I'll just get rid of you before you do anything else," you replied. 

As you compressed a large amount of magic energy into a small point at the end of your finger, he pressed a finger to his ear. 

"Oi. Take me back," he said as his hand brushed away a dark lock of hair, revealing a small earpiece that could be used for communication.

As you fired a beam of energy towards the villain, a dark, wispy cloud appeared. It rapidly wrapped around him, and as he gave you one last smirk, he disappeared just before your attack could reach him.

Quickly snapping your fingers, you made your laser vanish before it could hit anyone who happened to be behind Dabi at the time. Gritting your teeth together, you turned away.

While Dabi himself wasn't that threatening, you were unsure of what he meant when he said 'Once the boss gets his hands on your quirk'. Perhaps his supposed boss had a quirk that could steal or copy other quirks.

But as long as you were able to properly defend yourself against the villains and weren't caught off guard, you were sure that you would be able to not get caught. After all, you did have a powerful quirk that allowed you to do whatever you wished.

Tremendous self-confidence could be a bad thing at times...