Chapter 15

The three of you—Shouto, Bakugou, and you—were currently tied for first place. The rest of your classmates and other Yuuei students were behind you, rushing to catch up with your lead, but to no avail. You would be getting the top three spots no matter what they did.

"Get out of my way," you muttered, blasting magic energy at the two boys who were on either side of you. Shouto, who was on your left side, blocked with his ice and Bakugou, on your right, responded with a large explosion. By now, the mines below you were starting to get more compressed together, and you had to carefully dance over them to not detonate them.

"Wha—?" You heard a large explosion behind you, and a few moments later, a flying Midoriya soaring over your heads on a large, metal sheet. His body didn't seem to be injured by the blast, but he was now falling, his frame hovering above yours. He was on track to land on the three of you, which you wanted to prevent to the best of your abilities.

His face had a look of terror as he plunged downwards. He was holding onto the edge of the metal sheet the best he could, until he was right above you.

His sneaker-clad feet landed on Shouto and Bakugou's back, and you could tell he pushed himself over your shorter body. He smashed the sheet he was clutching onto the ground, activating the mines below your feet and creating a large explosion underneath him. He was sent flying forward, a small scream coming from his mouth in response.

You threw your hand out as a reflex, freezing yourself in the air so you wouldn't fall and detonate more of the explosive mines. But due to your reaction, you were unable to stop yourself from steadying the ash-blond and dual-haired boy too.

"Thanks, fucktard," Bakugou said, before blasting himself up with an explosion. Shouto didn't seem to care anymore if creating an ice trail underneath his feet would assist others behind him; he seemed to only focus on catching up to Midoriya. He did just that, and soon, you were behind them.

"What a bunch of jerks..." Your finger markings glowed before you levitated up and shot towards them. You were gaining speed, your body pushing against the wind as you soared towards the three boys in front of you. A painful headache was also building, and you couldn't concentrate enough to pull out your painkillers, which you luckily stowed in your pocket before leaving the house earlier.

You would just have to last a little longer.

A few moments after, you managed to pass both Bakugou and Shouto, but you had yet to beat Midoriya.

A view of the stadium was coming up, and although you were in second place, now running with enhanced leg strength, you needed to get first. The entrance to the stadium where the finish line awaited was only a few hundred meters away, and you were still quite far from where the green-haired boy in first place was.

You sighed. "...I guess I'll let him have first place." You would allow him, the boy who seemed to love the concept of heroes and becoming one, get first. He probably had a mother or father who would be proud of him, a parent who was truly related and loved him to the fullest of his or her heart.

And you did. You didn't try to pass him when you were running the last part of the Obstacle Course, instead allowing him to earn the top spot.

You entered the stadium where the Sports Festival would be held second, with Shouto following, and then Bakugou.

Boy, was he pissed. His eyebrows were furrowed and his expression showed he was furious that he lost to not only Midoriya, who he seemed to have a toxic relationship with, but also you and Shouto.

"Calm down, Bakugou," you said to him. His head whipped towards you, a growl emitting from his throat.

"Fuck off."

"Whatever you say," you responded mockingly.

You observed as others started to enter the arena as well. The entirety of 1-A managed to complete the first stage, as well as several students from the other classes.

As soon as a certain number of students had crossed the finish line, Nemuri stepped up onto a platform, the one where Bakugou had announced he was going to win first place.

"Listen up, everyone!" she called out, her voice reaching the ears of all forty-two students who passed the first stage, including you. "We're going to be having a Cavalry Battle next! You each got points based on your rankings in the Obstacle Course! The person who was forty-second will be receiving five points, forty-first will be getting ten, and so on, increasing up by five."

You bobbed your head as you took in all the information and made sure you understood it all.

"Of course..." she smirked, "there's the exception of first place, whose head is worth ten million points!!!"

You heard an 'eep' come from the winner's mouth, so you threw him a quick glance. He was shaking, his face pale and sweating. He was muttering something about how no one would want to team up with him.

You rolled your eyes.

I might as well be on his team... My quirk will make sure no one gets through. It'll also give me a good chance to show my quirk off even more.

When Nemuri dismissed you for five minutes to make your teams, you immediately headed over to the green-haired boy. You hesitated, though, wanting to be on Shouto's team slightly.

Why were you so attentive and attracted to him? It didn't make sense...

"Maybe I'll ask him first," you murmured.

You turned to walk over to the dual-haired boy, your (eye color) orbs drifting over to his form when you saw he already had three others.

You couldn't explain it, but you...felt so bitter at this. There was an unmistakable pang in your heart, and you didn't understand it.

"I don't want to be cocky, but if he was on my team, we would've won easily..." you breathed, your body spinning to go back to Midoriya.

He had a small group assembled already, consisting of him, Uraraka, and a girl with pink hair, yellow eyes that had a strange imprint on them, and several mechanical devices attached to her body.

"Midoriya..."

He glanced at you in surprise, his emerald eyes widening.

"Can I be on your team?"

Uraraka and Midoriya both gaped at your words for a moment.

"The almighty and powerful (Last Name) wants to be on my team?" he gushed, tears waterfalling from his eyes.

"Jeez...I'm not that amazing," you responded. "But is that a yes or a no?" You patiently awaited for his answer, which came a moment later.

"Yes! With you on our team, we're gonna win!"