Chapter 10

"I have to help," you croaked, wiping away the blood that was trailing from your mouth. Your head was starting to throb painfully, and you could barely stand, but you couldn't let your classmates sacrifice or hurt themselves.

You pushed yourself up, paying no attention whatsoever to the intense pain coming from your upper body and the building pain from from your head. You raised your hands, holding the Noumu in place once again. You grit your teeth and used whatever power you could muster to hold the powerful and struggling beast.

Shouto and Midoriya threw a quick glance at you, looks of horror on their faces. They didn't want you to injure your body anymore, but they had to return their gaze back to the monster who was close to breaking through.

The Noumu seemed to realize you were what was holding it back, and it needed to defeat you before it could attack freely. Its body was facing you as it struggled even harder to charge you and kill you. You couldn't rip chunks of its skin away from it either, as it had a super-regeneration quirk from what you could see, in addition to a super-strength quirk.

It was slowly getting closer, and only your bare power was holding it back. It was getting difficult to stand, and the pain inside you, which was already horrible, was increasing. You knew you couldn't fight for much longer and that you were going to black out.

You had to try, though.

"(NAME)!!!" Your name was screamed by the dual-haired boy and the green-haired boy, who were rushing towards your weakening body.

And you lost control.

Blood flew through the air and splattered on the ground as you were hit once more, the injuries on your body becoming even more painful and life-threatening.

Your name was shouted once more by the two boys who couldn't save you in time. They were both currently rushing towards you while directing attacks at the victorious Noumu.

Your eyes fluttered shut as you collapsed, your head feeling like absolute shit and your body covered in blood.

You lost to a brute of an opponent.

And you passed out.

———

When you woke, it was to a white ceiling and the scent of stale air. You were in a hospital, with an IV attached to your arm and bandages around your chest.

You hoped a female doctor was the one who bandaged you up.

"You're awake?" You turned your head ever so slightly to find Uraraka next to you, a relieved look on her face. "Todoroki and Midoriya were here earlier."

"How long?" These were the only words you spoke at the moment.

She thought about it for a moment before replying.

"Three days."

"Oh... That's long," you responded.

"The whole class will be relieved that you're okay!" She gave you her signature sweet smile, as you pulled yourself up.

"Oh, you're awake now." This came from a boy with dual-coloured hair who was currently pushing open the door and sitting at the foot of your bed. "Are you okay? You lost a lot of blood."

"I never knew you were the type to care so much, Todoroki, since you seem so cold and all," Uraraka giggled. "Do you, perhaps, li—"

"No."

The brunette looked disappointed for a moment before smiling again. "If you say so."

"I don't."

"Hehe..."

"The doctors said you can be discharged later, (Name)," Shouto said.

"That's good; it smells horrible in here." You pulled the sterile white sheets on your hospital bed up more to cover your body. They changed your clothes too, into the usual hospital gown. It was thin and uncomfortable, and you wished to get out of it as soon as possible.

"We'll get a doctor to do a check-up on you so you can leave after!" Uraraka got up from the chair she pulled up earlier, and Shouto follows her out the door.

A minute later, a tall, blonde woman with pale irises that were difficult to distinguish from her corneas appeared, carrying a clipboard. She smiled warmly at you when she noticed you watching her.

"My name is Katsudon Miyuki, and my quirk is X-Ray. I'll just quickly scan you so you can go meet your two friends who are waiting at the lobby for you, okay?" she said gently, her smile never fading.

You blinked. "...Katsudon?" you repeated.

She chuckled softly. "Yeah, I know. My parents' last names are Pork Cutlet Bowl. People usually just call me Miyuki."

"You have...a very interesting name." You observed as her eyes glowed a pale yellow before dragging themselves down your entire body, from head to toe, in a non-perverted way.

"You're all good!" She gave you a thumbs up before helping you up and handing you a pair of clothes.

"Where did you get these?" you asked.

"From the pro hero, Midnight. She came in seducing the men in the building with a bundle of clothes that she claimed were yours. You can change quickly so you don't need to wear that grubby ol' gown."

After giving her your thanks, she exited and you straightened the clothing items given to you. You passed her on your way out.

"Wait a second."

You paused and turned back to find out what she wanted from you.

"That boy...with the white and red hair. He seems to be quite close to you. I can tell that you don't have many other people like that, so make sure you cherish him! And maybe you'll fall in love with him too!" Miyuki winked at me before strolling off.

"Um..." You stared at her, puzzled, before shrugging it off and walking to the lobby. You weren't good at emotions or feelings.

"(Last Name), did you know Aizawa-sensei is here?" Uraraka bubbled when she saw you. "Apparently he was in pretty bad shape, but you saved him when you stopped the Noumu! Oh, and we were told to tell you to take it easy for the next week, since your wounds haven't healed. Recovery Girl came and did the best she could with the small amount of stamina you had left, but..."

"Right, thanks," you said, nodding gratefully. "Maybe we should visit him."

"Okay!"

The three of you, Shouto, Uraraka, and you, asked the front desk about which room your teacher was in. After getting the room number, you passed though the halls, glancing rapidly at all the different door numbers until you found the right one.

"Are you here to visit Aizawa Shouta?" This came from a pink-haired nurse who came out of his room just then. She flashed you a quick smile before motioning for you to come in. "I guess you're his students, he'll be happy to see you!"

As she left, you mumbled, "No, he won't." Uraraka burst out laughing as she knew that you meant he didn't seem fond of class 1-A at all.

"Hi, Aizawa-sensei!" Uraraka said cheerfully as she entered the hospital room.

"What are you doing here?" he grumbled.

"We're here to visit you." You took in his appearance; he looked like a mummy. Bandages were wrapped around the bulk of his body, and he looked dead. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, thanks to you. They told me you saved me. Speaking of which, they also said you were injured too, with two chest injuries from that Noumu creature and a splitting headache from your quirk," he said gruffly.

"I'm fine," you responded. You lifted the bottom of the shirt you wore to reveal the bandages wrapped around the bottom of your upper body, unaware of Shouto's flushed cheeks.

"(Last Name), I don't think you do that in front of boys," Uraraka whispered, gesturing for you to pull your shirt down.

"It's not my fault if they're perverts."