Chapter 17: Disapear

Amber

The drivers side door opened and I continued to eat the ice cream I decided to buy down the street while August got into the car.

"Got hungry" he asked laughing and I nodded while licking the spoon

"Yeah"

"Why you ain't get me one" August asked pulling off and I shrugged

"It's not like I could go in there"

He chuckled "I ain't ban you from my shit, you could have came in"

"Oh you say that now..." I mumbled and August looked at me for a second "the trouble came to me anyway"

"Yeah? What happened"

"Just some apology bull shit I ain't wanna hear... it's all about you"

"What chu' mean"

"August this August that... she just wanna be on your good side."

He laughed "don't er'body"

I rolled my eyes and shrugged "I could care less" I said playing around

"You always got somethin' slick ta say huh"

We both laughed "you know I'm playing though... I really got nothing but love for you August"

"Feelings mutual"

"What would I do with out you?"

"Da same thing you doin' now ma' cause you strong"

I smile at him turning my head "thanks"

We were driving for a while and i knew it usually didn't take this long to get to his house.

"Where we going"

"Ta get ya license"

My eyes lit up "seriously!"

"Yeah. You said you wanted ta be independent right?"

We pulled up to the dmv and I started to get a little nervous. "What if i don't pass?"

"Then you'll take it again" August said unlocking the door signaling me to get out

"You not coming in"

"Nah shit like dis be takin foreva' and  I gotta go handle somethin' real quick I'll be back"

I nodded my head and walked to the door and signed myself in. I heard that a lot of people failed there first time taking the test which is was why I was so nervous.

It took about an hour to get called and into a car. As soon as I got into the vehicle I put on my seat belt and showed my instructor where all of my signals and lights were at.

"You ready ta get movin'" my instructor asked smiling at me

"Yes sir" I answered looking straight ahead with both my hands on the wheel.

"Ok your gonna go straight up here and turn right"

I took a deep breath and started moving the car. He repeatedly gave me directions as we went through this neighborhood and I felt like I was doing pretty good. At the corner of my eye I could see that he was writing things down but I tried to not let that get to me. When we got back to the parking lot, I did my parallel parking and was finished with my test.

I pulled over to one of the parking spot and I kept my eyes straight ahead as he was totaling up my score.

"Well... congratulations Amber you did pass" he said still writing some things down