Chapter 27: Face it

Martha

I was in the kitchen finishing up some dishes when I heard my husbands walked into the house and slammed the door. The constant moving stuff around in frustration and mumbling made to turn around to face him.

"What's wrong now?" I asked drying my hands off and he stood up straight and looked at me and my eyes widened at the bruise that began to form on his eye "What happened to you?"

"Nothing" He responded moving his head away from my hand

"So you gonna sit here and lie to me, first it was the hospital and now this... you need to start telling me what going on Rick"

"Im handling it"

He began to walk away and I followed, "Oh really"

"Yeah really"

"And how is that" I placed my hands on my hips

"Don't worry about it"

We made it up the stairs and he walked into one of the bedrooms the kids was sleeping in

"What are you doing? I just put them to sleep" I asked him grabbing him arm and he pushed me away turning the light on and walked over to the bed where Kamen was sleeping

"Rick" I called but he ignored me

I watched him wake Kamen up and bend down to her level as she fear grew in her eyes as she kept quiet.

"You know why your still here lil girl" He said and she shook her head quickly, "Cause your stupid ass sister don't know when ta stop"

"I-I don't know" Kamen said softly and I made my way over to them

"Rick stop"

"Shut up!" He slightly yelled at me then looked back at Kamen who looked like she was fighting back tears "you better tell her ta start actin' right before you neva' see her again"

After that he stormed out the room and I looked back over to Kamen seeing her still scared.

"Its ok baby go to sleep" I said moving the covers over her body as she laid her head on the pillow sniffling

"I want ta leave" was all I heard before turning the light off and walking out the room closing the door.

I made my way to our room finding Rick in the bathroom dabbing his face with a wash cloth, "This shit really needa stop"

He ignored me

"You really need ta tell me what the hell is going on"

"Nothings goin' on" He said walking past me out the bathroom and I folded my arms across my chest turning around to him

"So what happened to your face"

Again he said nothing, so I walked over to him nudging his shoulder. Seconds later I was shocked by his hand going across my face.

"I be telling you stop aggravating me and you don't wanna listen!' Rick yelled as I help on to my cheek as a tear rolled down my face

"I thought you said you wasn't going to do that anymore"

He just shook his head and walked out the room leaving me crying to myself.

--------

August

"So where we going" Teek asked me for the 10th time making me glare at her

"Teek"

"Sorry" she said looking out the window for a second then looking back at me "I don't know why you don't just tell me like why does everything have to be a secret"