Chapter 18: I Need Time

August, Maleek, Amber, and Adrian in the mm⬆️⬆️

———————————

Amber

My eyes slowly opened from all the movement I felt from under me. I shivered from the cool breeze while realizing we were still outside and the sun was starting to rise.

"Good morning" August deep voice softly said with a chuckle.

"We really slept out here" I asked sitting up on his lap trying to fix my messy hair. "What time is it?"

August grabbed his phone while a yawn escaped his lips as he checked the time "4:30"

I turned my attention to the view still seeing bright lights and cars speeding down the street. I covered my face with my hands tryna get my self to wake up.

"You still sleepy" August asked me and I nodded my head.

"Can we go inside it's cold"

"Yeah"

We both stood up and I began to walk back into his room. August closed the sliding door while I sat on the edge of his bed with the blanket still wrapped around my shoulders.

"Why you be actin' all scared 'round me"

"How?"

"You tired right? Den lay yo ass down"

"Im not scared" I said pushing the covers back and getting under then to prove my point.

"Yeah aight" August chuckled while making his way to the bathroom and removing his shirt. I couldn't help but stare at his bare back as he walked away from me.

He still made me a little nervous, but I wasn't going to let him know that. I laid my head down on the pillow and closed my eyes still feeling exhausted.

After closing my eyes for a few minutes trying to get some extra sleep, I felt the bed dip down a little letting me know August got in. We laid there in silents before I decided to speak to see if he was still awake

"August?"

"Wassup" he answered and I could here the tiredness in his voice.

I turned my body to the side and faced him while he stayed laying on his back with his hands behind his head. "Can I ask you a question"

"Go head"

I sighed and turned to my back as well placing my hands on my stomach. "How far would you go to protect someone you love"

He was silent for a second, I guess thinking about his answer "What chu mean?"

"Like would you do anything for them and I mean even if it puts you in a bad situation"

"I would die fa' someone I truly care about"

I nodded my head feeling a little better about what happened last night. Based on August answer I now know I gotta do what I gotta do to protect my sister and if giving Rick what he wants is something I have to do then I guess imma do it.

"What cha' ass bout ta get into" he asked and I looked over at him seeing him looking at me.

"Nothing"

"Why you ask me dat"

I shrugged, "it was just a question"

"Ain't nothing wrong with askin' fa' help doe"

"I know" I said turning completely away from him and lifting the covers to my shoulders and closed my eyes.

August was still and quiet for a few minutes, so I decided to close my eyes