Chapter 23: Spinning

August

I got to my car and sped off while frantically looking for my phone. Once I found it I dialed Maleek number.

"Yoo" He picked up

"Bro where da fuck you at"

"Home why"

"I'm bout ta pull up"

I didn't even give him a chance to respond before hanging up the phone. I took my foot off the gas realizing I was going a little too fast. My hands gripped the steering wheel and I felt like my head was spinning.

All these questions kept running through my head and the main one, "Is the baby mine?"

I didn't know how the hell I was suppose to take care of a kid, let alone take care of a kid with Diamond. I don't even like this girl like that.

Finally, I got to Maleek crib and knocked on the door, and when he answered I pushed my way in.

"Nigga what da hell" he said looking at me like I was crazy and closed the door

"Bro you not gonna believe what jus' happened to me"

"It just betta' be dat deep... got you pacin' and shit" he laughed sitting on the couch

"This shit not funny man"

"What is it?" He asked still laughing

I sat on the chair across from him, "So Diamond-"

"Ah shit"

"Just listen, long story short she told me ta meet 'er at some dinner, we was going back and fourth, then boom she tell me she's pregnant"

"O-k" Maleek looked confused still tryna hold in his laughter, I swear this nigga is a clown

"Bro she's saying it's mine!"

"You smashed?"

I hesitated wishing I could say no, "Yeah"

"Raw?"

"Hell no"

"Well then it might not be yours... man just chill aight" he shook his head "you trippin'"

I sighed and shook my head "this shit is crazy... you gotta blunt rolled"

"Naw you can roll one though" he said getting up and walking out the room then coming back passing me a dime bag, a Blackwood and a lighter.

I put everything on the table and started to break up the weed.

"Bro what if she got herself pregnant on purpose" Maleek stated and I looked up at with my eyebrow raised,

"Not helpin'"

He shrugged, "I'm just saying. You know females like poking holes in shit"

I just ignored him while ripping the Blackwood wrapper open with my teeth then placing the weed in it.

"It could be your baby" I dragging my tongue across the paper rolling it up and repeating "you smashed didn't you"

Maleek scrunched up his face, "maybe like a year ago... and I didn't even get a nut wit dat bitch"

I couldn't help but laugh as I ran the flame over my perfectly rolled blunt and lit the end puffing in it a few time before handing it to Maleek

"To much information man"

The smoke relaxed my mind and I blew it up into the air while sitting back in the chair getting comfortable.

He shrugged "You asked"