Chapter 2 - Welcome to Asgard

Sapphron could hardly sleep that night, she anxiously awaited the intense events of the following day. She had agreed to help the Queen's son, Loki. Sapphron knew much of Loki as he was quite infamous for foul play. The gossip about the God of Mischief's wrongdoings spread even to the most rural parts of Asgard. She was nervous to meet him. Sapphron had hardly known what the trickster looked like, she had only heard stories.

Hours of anxious waiting went by, but dawn soon came. Sapphron has already packed her belongings when the carriage arrived. "Lady Sapphron Vurtier?" The tall elderly man, wearing an all black suit asked her in a low husk. "That's me." Sapphron gleamed with excitement but also writhed with anxiety. "Madam may I ask why your last name is so strange?" The chauffeur asked once in the golden trimmed carriage. "Huh, you know I never thought of that, it is strange isn't it? There must be a story behind it I just don't know what it is. I should be Gremiredottir but I'm not, I've never been." Sapphron rambled on for more then intended, leading her to an awkward silence. The man said nothing as they continued on their journey to the palace. 

   Sapphron had never seen the city before, the golden glow amazed her. She starred into the landscape as they rode closer to the palace. "Wow," She breathed as they approached the grand golden castle. They rode right up to a doorway towards an entrance at the side of the golden architectural beauty.

   A woman in a taupe toga waited for me as I stepped down from the carriage. "Lady Sapphron," she greeted me with a warm smile. The woman was young, younger than Sapphron. She had light auburn hair and sun kissed skin. Her eyes were golden like the sun. "My name is Dalvia, the Queen has ordered for your belongings to be brought to your room and you to bath and prepare to meet with her." The woman spoke almost robotically. "Thank you." Sapphron did not know what to say. "Right this way," her tone was automated, it was clear she was a servant of sorts.

  The two women walked through the grand castle, they both stayed quiet and both were thankful for it. After minutes of silent walking Sapphron was shown to her room. As expected it was magnificent. It was colored in a deep violet, accented in the gold. Dalvia left showing Sapphron to her bath.

  Feeling clean and refreshed, Sapphron headed towards the closet, desperately hoping there would be garments in there for her to choice from. To her relief there was many magnificent gowns, blouses and trousers to choose from. Sapphron chose a light turquoise gown detailed with golden flecks. She walked towards the door, her cape trailing gently behind her. Sapphron wondered how she would find her way to the Queen, as Dalvia had disappeared moments ago.

"Excuse me," she gestured to the first person she saw in the hall. "Queen Frigga is expecting me yet I know not the way." Sapphron explained to the blonde buff man. "Ah my mother," the armoured blond laughed. "Oh, you must be Thor, it's a pleasure to meet you." Sapphron quickly felt embarrassed not recognizing the prince. "And you must be Sapphron, my mother has told me of you, but only briefly." Thor, the God of Thunder explained. "Right this way my lady," Thor grinned warmly as he led Sapphron to his mother's chambers.

  "Ah good you have met my son Thor," Frigga warmly spoke to the silver haired girl. "Thor, I hope to see you at dinner," The Queen dismissed her son. "Of course mother." Thor obeyed his mother, shutting the wooden doors as he left. "Sapphron welcome to the palace, I hope you've settled in nicely." The Queen began. "If it's alright with you I'd like to start our work immediately."

The realization of the purpose of Sapphron's stay hit her. She was next to encounter a villainous murderer. "Yes, but if it's alright, I'd like to do it alone, other people can interfere with my studies." Sapphron independence came with terrible anxiety, but she knew other beings watching her made her struggle further. "Of course, my dear I just ask for you to spend at least half a day, night or day, doing your work, the rest of the day you are free to enjoy the luxuries of the palace." Sapphron nodded at the Queen in understanding. "I'd like to begin now my Queen." Queen Frigga agreed ushering a servant to lead Sapphron down to the dungeons.

"Right this way, Lady Sapphron." Another armoured guard lead her through the dungeon. Prisoners of all species gawked at her, the prison began to get very rowdy. Sapphron felt uncomfortable but dared not to show it. She stood strong and looked only ahead of her. The guard lead her through many dark tunnels until they stopped at an isolated cell, far from the others.

  Inside was a large bed, a table and chairs, bookshelves and a large variety of novels. It looked as an apartment rather then a cell. The guard gestures towards a small wooden chair facing the glowing cell. There was a matching wooden table accompanying the seat. On it a note pad, and golden pen. The armoured guard bowed to her, before leaving her and the trickster in solitude.

Loki was laying in his luxurious bed, pretending to sleep, yet fully aware of the new presence near him. He was a tad curious as to why the guard had left such a small being so close. He didn't move a muscle however, not wanting to acknowledge the creature. Sapphron was lost for words, she tried to study the man laying still. She could see his milky skin and raven hair but not his features. "Hello, your majesty, I am Sapphron Vurtier."

"