8. the cane

stiles and rachel went to a crime scene over at the hospital and they went over to scott and melissa

"so what are you saying?" scott asked sheriff stilinski.

"hang on here. they were both in the car?" sheriff stilinski asked.

"no, dad, they're trying to tell you that it was two separate kidnappings, okay? two doctors, both gone." stiles explained. 

"so whose car is this?" sheriff asked looking over at the van. 

"dr. hilyard, the on call doctor. the E.R. attending is the one that never made it in." melissa explained to him.

"let me just focus on getting your story first, all right?" stiles' dad replied to which melissa agreed to.

"guys, give us a second." stiles' dad said as they nodded and walk a little farther away from them.

"these are definitely sacrifices, right?" scott asked turning to stiles.

"yeah, it's one deaton mentioned. healers." stiles replied.

"what about danny? he threw up mistletoe. that's not a coincidence, and if he hadn't been with ethan, he probably would've died. danny's not a healer." scott said but stiles and rachel looked at him not able to give scott an answer. 

stiles looked over at his father and saw he was on the phone. then stiles looked over at rachel and scott.

"can you guys hear that?" stiles asked scott and rachel.

scott turned and not long after he said "they found a body."

"a dead body." rachel said.

-

rachel was sitting beside stiles while scott sat beside them and he was alone since allison wasn't at school.

"good morning. as you all know, mr. harris is still missing-i mean, sick. anyway, i'm filling in while we all hope and pray for a more qualified substitute to take my place. okay, so let's get started, shall we?" ms. blake said.

"hey, my dad said that the E.R. attending wasn't strangled but did die from asphyxiation. they just don't know how." stiles whispered.

"so, does that mean maybe, the on call doctor is still alive?" rachel whispered back.

"i don't know... but, rach, there's got to be at least 20 other doctors in that hospital... at least, you know? any one of them could be next." stiles whispered.