20. sleepwalking

rachel was asleep in her bed when she heard her phone vibrating and she answer it, putting the phone up to her ear

"hello?" rachel said.

rachel didn't hear anything but static and loud, shaky breathing.

"is anyone there?" rachel asked.

"rachel?" stiles said in a scared voice and she could tell he was crying.

"yeah, stiles it's me. are you okay? can you hear me?" rachel asked him.

"rachel, i don't... i don't know where i am. i won't know how i got here. i think i was sleepwalking." stiles said.

"okay, can- can you see anything? just tell me anything you see." rachel told him.

"ah, it's dark. it's hard to see. i think there's something wrong with my-" stiles began but the line cut off.

she immediately went to call him back but he didn't answer she called back again and still no answer. he started calling her and she answered right away.

"stiles?" rachel said.

"rachel, i don't think i can get out of here. i can't move." stiles told her.

"where are you?" rachel asked him.

"i don't know. i don't know, it's too dark. i can't see much and something's wrong with my leg. it's stuck on something. and it's... i think it's bleeding." stiles said.

"uh, how bad? stiles, how bad is it? stiles, are you still there? can you hear me?" rachel asked in a panic.

"ah, there's some kind of smell down here. something smells terrible. it's brutal my eyes are watering." stiles said.

"okay, listen to me. i'm calling your dad." rachel said.

"no, no, no, no, don't. don't. just please don't call him. promise me you won't. he already worried about me too much. rachel, please." stiles said.

"but what if i can't find you, stiles? stiles, i can't make a promise like that, i'm sorry." rachel told him.

"no, no, no, just please. please, don't call him. come find me. you can do it. he doesn't have to know. rachel, you can find me." stiles said.

"i'm not sure if i can do this." rachel said.

"oh, i gotta call you back. i have to turn the phone off." stiles said.