Daddys Girl

I sit on the lounge waiting for Jake to get home. I sit on the skateboard ramp and pet Apollo. "Hey buddy" I say rubbing his ears. I see Jake pull up. "Izzy?" He questions seeing me. "Hey Jake" I say and walk over. "Come on we gotta go" he says. "Why?" I question following him back into the car. "Mom called me" Jake says speeding out of the driveway. "What" I say jumping to conclusions on my mind. "Bradley was in a car accident" he tells me. My eyes sting with tears. "Is he ok" I ask looking ahead. "I haven't been told anything" Jake replies.

I run into the hospital. "I'm here to see Bradley Scott" I say in a rush. "Can I have a name please" the receptionist asks. Jake comes up behind me. "I'm Isabella, his daughter" I say. "And you?" She questions. "Jake, step son" he replies. "Room 175 floor three" the receptionist says. I speed walk to the elevator as Jake struggles to keep up without running. I take the elevator following the signs to room 175. I look through the glass on the door. My mom is in there, Bradley is hooked up to many machines, he eyes closed still as a statue. I open the door quietly and race over. The tears fall. "He's in a coma" my mother barley whispers. Jake comes up behind me. I bury my head into his chest and cry. My mom leaves the room. "I'll be outside" Jake tells me. I sit there watching my room unlife-like father laying on a stiff hospital bed.

"Hey dad" I whisper. I grab his hand, needles stuck in his hand. "I don't know what to say" I whisper resting my head on the side o the bed. "I love you, donuts for life" I say giggling slightly. "I promise as soon as your back I'll have a box of donuts ready" I say with a small smile. "I love you" I say and walk out of the room. The machines beep crazily. I turn around. His hand is shaking, nurses rush in. Jake pulls me out. "Daddy" I whisper not keeping my eyes of the door. They blocked the glass. The door is locked. I try at the handle. Jake pulls me back I turn around and bury my face into his chest again. Mom is off telling Logan.

They open the door about half an hour later, it felt like a life time. "His condition is worsening" I over here the doctor tell my mom. " back in a sec" I say and walk to the end of the corridor. Logan FaceTimes me. I answer. I see his face on the screen. He's in the jet. "Hey monkey" he says. "How is he?" Logan asks. "He's getting worse Logan, I cant loose him" I whimper. "Oh monkey" Logan sighs. I ear whispering in the background. "Go back" Logan instructs the boys. They all huddled around Logan. "I see Jonah stare at me. I wipe the tears away. "Hey guys" I whisper. "Hey bestie" Daniel says with a sympathetic smile. I look at my mom as Jake holds her. My cheeks itch as more tears fall. "I gotta go" I say. "I love you" Logan says. "Love you to" I say and Hang up.

He's in a stable condition, well that's what the doctor says. He's not in a stable condition, if he were he would be at Logan's apartment. I sit in a couch chair and curl up in a ball in the corner. Jake is outside, mom is in here with dad and me. "What happens if he doesn't wake up by next week?" I ask. "Oh Izzy don't think like that" my mom says. I sit there listening to the silence, just one beep, over and over again.

I open my eyes and see the sunset. My eyes dart to my dad, nothing. I pull out my phone and see three texts. Logan: Hey monkey, sort about the boys, love you. Brad will be fine, stay safe love you. Daniel: hey bestie, things happen, shit happens, but don't loose that positive attitude. Love you with all my heart- Dani. Jonah: hey baby, I want to be there, but I'm not ready to jump out of the plane. Please stay safe and positive. Xx JoJo.
I emerge from the hospital room. "Come on" Jake says on the phone. "He's in hospital, she is gonna have another breakdown" he complains. "Whatever" Jake says and hangs up. "Hey Izzy" Jake says. "Come on were gonna go home" he says. I stand in the door way. "Izzy please" my mom pleads. Her face red eyes puffy. I follow Jake to the car. We drive home in silence.

I sit on my bed, door shut as I curl up in a ball. My legs tucked to my chest as I rest my head on them. Logan comes back from New York in a week. Then the boys continue the tour. There's a gentle knock on my door. Chad opens the door. "Hey" he whispers. He comes in and hugs me. "I can't imagine what you felt, when your dad passed" I say. "It was like the world was gonna end" he says. He rests his arm around my shoulder. We sit like that for a little. "Dinner is ready" Jake says. He looks a little shocked for a second. "I'm coming" I say. Chad follows Jake out.

I ate about half my dinner. It was pasta. I sit outside, my legs hanging over the edge of the grass and down the hill. I'm on the lowest level of the garden. The lights turn on at once, the city of angles lights up. I see Jake on the balcony shouting. I turn around. He's in his swimming trunks. "YOU COMING FOR A SWIM!" He screams at me. I stand up, "SURE" I scream I walk inside an get in my bathing suit.