How you met (pt. 2)

Kylo Ren-

"It appears I will be working with you, Supreme Leader," you mused. "And with you, Officer..." Kylo began, trailing off as he peered intently into the distance. "(L/N)," you replied, answering his unspoken question. "But you can just call me (Y/N) for now." To this, he gave a sharp nod, switching his attention to an approaching ship. "What's so interesting?" you ask, raising an eyebrow. "Nothing of importance," he said simply, regaining his composure.

"Very well then, prepare for takeoff," you responded, hands moving in a flurry across the controls.

"Last I checked, I was in charge, not you, Y/N," Kylo said coldly, his eyes blazing with rage.

The tension was palpable, cutting through the air like a knife. Sighing, you leaned back in your seat, letting him take charge. You were no stranger to the tales of Kylo Ren and his sharp temper.

"Ready for liftoff," a monotone voice crackled over the intercom.

"Well," you commented half-heartedly, "It's sure been a pleasure working with you so far."

After that fateful mission, you and Kylo worked much closer than before. Upon getting acquainted and a close escape on your end, you had entered his good graces. Needless to say, it was more than another mere expedition: it was a new beginning.

Poe-

"We did it! We blew up Starkiller Base!" Poe Dameron cheered, his voice staticky over the intercom. Everyone's spirits were high after the narrow victory, and you, a fellow pilot, were no different. Landing on base, dozens of fellow officers crowded the port, applauding as the rest of your count flew in.

Departing your ship, you saw Poe get swarmed by the ecstatic crowd. Shuffling his way through, he managed to reach the rest of his crew.

"Interesting tactics," you mused.

"Well, you could at least thank me for saving your arse just now," he shot back.

You smiled. "Thanks, Poe."

The other pilot smiled back in response. "That wasn't so hard, was it?" he asked in amusement.

"I never said it was."

He laughed, pausing for a moment in thought. "Anyways...would you like to go to the ceremony tonight with me? I haven't got anyone to go with."

You raised an eyebrow. "For someone like you, hero of the Resistance, I'm surprised."

"Why, are you disappointed?" he quipped in response, silently challenging you. To what, you weren't sure.

You embraced him in a hug. "I was only joking. Why, I would be delighted to attend with you tonight."

One simple celebration  would turn into a lifetime.

Finn:
The sickening stench of blaster bolts meeting the metal platings of Stormtroopers wafted through Starkiller base. Two men were cornered into a wall, the First Order-mandated blasters pressing into their skulls. Both were visibly terrified, but held a resolute determination.

"Can't relate," you muttered to yourself as you stumbled over another Trooper's body. Since your capture during infancy, you had never envisioned a future outside of forced enlistment when you were of age.

"CB-4472!" barked a snotty-nosed official, glaring at you. At least, you assumed so. It was hard to see through the foggy visor of your helmet.

To finally take off the helmet was a forbidden fantasy of yours. Sometimes, when the others weren't looking, you would lift up your helmet slightly in the launching bay. Those moments were few and far between, but the breath of fresh air provided an unadulterated thrill unmatched by any other.

"Yes," you muttered, marching over to the prisoners. Most likely to terminate them, but that was the least of your concerns.

The Resistance is coming, they whispered in the halls. The Resistance is coming.

Everyone knew what it meant. War was coming to the base, and with it — a fleeting taste of freedom. Yes, death was the most anticipated moment of most Stormtroopers' lives.

One of the prisoners, clad in identical armor, looked at you with pleading eyes. Sweat tricked down his forehead, yet he was still wildly attractive.

Not that it mattered. He would be mincemeat at the order of the official.

"If we must fall, let us fall for justice," he proclaimed, eyes narrowing at the lot of you.

"Enough of this tomfoolery!" spat the smarmy official. "Terminate them."

You had never fought for a cause. The idea was foreign to you...yet so enticing compared to the monotony of your current life.

Before you could think, your body at its own volition. The blasters went flying out of your fellow Troopers' hands, and the First Order official was flung into the wall.

"What..." you said weakly. You hadn't even touched them, yet they had moved so viciously by your hands.

"Let's go." The man in the pilot suit announced, grabbing you and the other Trooper's arms.

You stiffened as they began to move. "Can I..."

The Trooper smiled, and you felt your heart flutter at the sight of it. "Yes, you can take off your helmet."

You were free. And you were with someone who understood what you had been through, who could sympathize, and you could uplift each other.