prompt #11 - luke

#11: "It's so cold here, so could I...sleep with you?"
Gender-neutral reader x Luke.
Requested by @skywalkersensation.
- A/N: I love Luke, he's such a softie. 🥺
•••
Moonlight illuminated through the window, unfiltered by any obstructions. Luke stood next to it, gazing at the crew bustling below. It was a rare day of peace on Hoth, where neither the Empire or the elements were attacking the Alliance.

A sharp knock at the door drew him out of his stupor. "Yes?" he asked, anticipating the flurry of bad news that was to come.

Yet he was pleasantly surprised to see you. "(Y/N)!" he exclaimed, tackling you in a hug. "I've missed you."

"It's only been a few hours, Luke."

"But anything could've happened during that time! The Empire attacking, a snowstorm -" he rambled.

"It's okay. It was just a routine inspection of the area. Plus, Leia was with me," you said. That seemed to reassure him, for he visibly relaxed.

"You're right," he conceded. "I've just been worrying too much again. There's been no sign of the enemy for a few days, and I've just been afraid that it means a surprise attack is coming."

"If a surprise attack does occur," you asserted, "we'll deal with it to the best of our ability. For now, we should rest."

Reluctantly, he let go of your embrace as you parted ways for the night.

"Hey, kid," a voice whispered as he passed through the halls.

"Han!" Luke exclaimed. Han, his close friend and most trust confidante, shushed him.

"It's getting late now. Keep your voice down, we don't want to wake any grouchy Rebels."

Luke nodded. "Han, I was just talking to them a moment ago."

"And did you tell them?" his friend asked.

"No," Luke admitted. "I didn't know how to."

Han scoffed. "Kid, you got no game. Listen - I'll set you two up, okay? Now get back to the room, you look like you could do with some shut-eye."

Luke thanked him, entering his joint room with Han. He rinsed off his troubles in the shower, before emerging clean and refreshed - ready for     a new day.

But his blanket was gone from his bed. Luke assessed his options. Han would never let him in his bed. Chewie...was a large and fuzzy blanket, but Chewie wouldn't cuddle unless Luke helped him cheat in Sabacc. He couldn't go sans blanket, either. It was far too cold for that.

He could ask Y/N, he thought, heart fluttering at the thought of them. You were his best friend, but it would be a lie if he said he was content with that.

If he was to talk to you, he needed to change his attire. Luke rummaged through his trunk to find nothing. He thought back to his conversation with Han. Is this what Han meant by "setting me up" with them?

All Luke had was his lightsaber, which, he resolved, he would use to kill Han later. Luke swore. Clothed in a worn band shirt and sweatpants, he was definitely not the archetype of a suave suitor. If you knew anything about him, it was that he would never be caught dead wearing sweatpants in public. His dusty poncho from Tatooine was a relic from another era he wished to leave behind.