Retribution // Armitage Hux Request

Requested by @shadow-nightmares .
Pairing: Armitage Hux x Resistance!Reader
(Could you do one where the reader is an important Rebel prisoner?)
Warnings: Mentions of torture (nothing too graphic).
A/N: This is NOT intended to glamorize kidnapping in any way, shape, or manner.
——
Armitage liked to take his time.

He didn't like to be rushed by the rapid developments that war often brought. When you were brought into his custody, he was intrigued.

"Bring the prisoner in," he commanded.

Wrists tightly bound in shackles, you were unceremoniously dumped to the ground before his feet.

The first thing he noticed was your grimy, torn Resistance uniform. The second, of course — your face.

Armitage felt his blood run cold. "You," he spat.

You raised your head defiantly. "Miss me?"

That was all he needed to be prompted into decking you across the face. You flinched, refusing to cry out in pain. He didn't deserve the sick pleasure of seeing you suffer.

"You have two options. Either reveal the whereabouts of the Resistance base, or be compelled to do so. I suggest you choose the former, because your other option will be highly unpleasant." His cold eyes searched yours, and you were saddened to see no trace of the shy, artistic boy you had known all those years ago.

Armitage, you realized, had matured and grown even more handsome than before. Yet he had lost any sense of humanity, ready to torture, maim, murder — all for his own sadistic whims.

"Never," you declared, earning a withering glare from Armitage.

It saddened you to see how much the death of his parents had changed him.

"I see you haven't changed," he mused icily. "You're as rebellious as ever."

"I have, though."

Armitage raised an eyebrow. "How so?"

"Some of us change for the better. Some of us grow to crave justice and will make undying sacrifices in the name of it. Yet others of us will grow cold and unfeeling, like you. For that, I pity you, Armitage. To defend yourself, you have suppressed the innate need for love. By making yourself stronger, you've also shut yourself out from joy."

"And are you implying that I've made the wrong choice? Though you, so foolishly, lay your life on the line for a pathetic cause?"

"The Resistance is my blood and my bones. I, unlike you, am not a coward. I have fought long and hard. If I must die, I will do so with honor."

His lips curled in an animalistic sneer. "Very well, then, Commander (Y/N). You have chosen your fate. Now suffer from the consequences."

The menacing black ball zoomed into view, and you braced yourself for the excruciating pain.

"We'll start off simple, then," he softly said. A prick of electricity jolted your skin, causing you to sit stick-straight. It wasn't painful, but it surely was uncomfortable.

"What is your name?"

"You already know that answer," you replied. A harder prick hit you this time, and you tried not to flinch at the discomfort.