3

Adora

"Is jet lag even a thing anymore?"

Derek fell down on the bed and I smiled, unpacking my bag. I threw random pieces of clothes on the bed, making him pick them up and examine each and every piece.

"Woah, who do you plan on wearing this for?" He asked, holding up a lace bodysuit as he wiggled his eyebrows.

I giggled and stood up, walking over to him. I sat down on his lap and wrapped my arms around his neck. "You, if you act right."

He smiled and bit down on his bottom lip. "I'll act right."

"Stop biting your lip," I said, "then I'm really going to be pregnant." I wriggled my eyebrows and he chuckled.

"Speaking of," he said, pursing his lips together, "I think Seattle will be a perfect place to raise our kids."

I just let out a laugh. "I would say the same if I agreed. We'll keep them in the suburbs."

"I see someone's becoming more open-minded to the thought of kids?" He said, shooting me a grin.

I shrugged. "I mean, with the right person, is there really any question at all?"

He smiled.

"I mean, of course I want to wait a while," I said, "but kids are definitely in our future, whether they're ten months from now or ten years."

He nodded and pressed his lips to mine, pulling me even closer to him than I already was.

He hesitantly pulled away, pursing his lips together as he tucked a chunk of hair behind my ear. "I have to go."

I pouted my lips out at him.

He sighed. "I would stay if I could, you know it."

I smiled as he pressed a kiss to my forehead. "I know."

I stood up and slid my hands in my back pockets, sighing as I watched him gather up all of his business things.

"Be good?" He said, smiling over at me.

"You've got it." I rested a hand on his abdomen and he grabbed it, pressing a kiss to the back of it.

"I'll be back as soon as I can."

I just smiled and followed him into the living area of our hotel suite, opening the door for him.

"I love you so much," he said, shooting me a grin.

"I love you so much more."

I watched as he exited the room and I just sighed, leaning my back against it. Zayn and Brenna were currently already moving into their place so I had no one to help me pass the time. I'd offer to help them move in but they wanted to keep their place a surprise.

I plopped down on the couch and turned on the TV. I hadn't seen Seattle news in far too long.

The first image on the screen was the King Corporation building.

My eyes bored into the screen for a few seconds, my eyebrows slightly furrowed. I flexed my jaw muscle and turned the channel.

I grabbed my phone and sighed, going straight to my messages.

[To: Derek]
I miss you already. Hurry up!!!!

I waited on him to reply for a few seconds and when my phone screen lit up, I picked it up.

[From: Derek]
I miss you more. This meeting is boring already and I'm not even there. Do you want takeout for dinner or to go somewhere nice?

I had a chance of running into many, many people that I wasn't interested in running into if I went out.

So I decided to most definitely be an introvert.

[To: Derek]
Most definitely takeout.

[From: Derek]
Yeah I was thinking that, too. And then maybe we can take a ride later on tonight!

[From: Derek]
..... Metaphorically speaking ;)

I couldn't help the wide grin that crept its way onto my face.

[To: Derek]
Can't wait, baby. I'll be patiently waiting

I threw my phone down on the couch and stood up, walking into the tiny kitchen we had. I leaned against the counter and sighed, looking down at my left hand.

I'm marrying Derek Novak.

I just smiled to myself and twisted the ring around on my finger, jumping when there came a knock on the door.

I opened it and furrowed my brows together at the bouquet of flowers in the man's arms in front of me, and I just looked up at him.

"A delivery for Adora?"

"That's me," I said, furrowing my brows as I took the heavy flowers.

"Here you are. Have a good day!"

I just looked down at them and smiled. I grabbed the card and flipped it over.

Just a reminder that I am always going to be completely head over heels for you

~*~

"Honey, I'm home," Derek sang, making me spring up from the bed and jolt in the living room.

"God, it felt like ten years."

He just laughed and placed the bag of food down on the counter.

"Nice flowers," he commented, his eyebrows raised at them.

I bit down on my bottom lip. "Hey, you did send those, didn't you?"

He looked over at me with a confused grin on his face, furrowed eyebrows.

"Of course I did, who else would have?"

I just let out a loud sigh of relief. "You never know, the people in Seattle are crazy."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and he pulled me into him, making my lips purse together as he hugged me even tighter.

"The flowers are beautiful by the way," I said, "thank you."

He nodded. "It just so happened to be on my way, and a message declaring my love to you never gets old, yeah?"

I just smiled. "It never will."

"The fast food options have never been the best in Seattle, so I just grabbed something from the sub shop down the road. Sorry it's not five-star," he said, shooting me a crooked grin.

"Well," I said, sliding the food to the side as I squeezed in between him and the counter, "at least we'll both get a five-star dessert."

His full lips turned up into a grin, his tongue running along the bottom of his top teeth.

"Oh, and by the way," I said, wrapping my arms around his neck, "I loved that text you sent."

He shrugged. "I wasn't kidding."

"Mm, I know you weren't," I said, slipping my hands down his abdomen.

I backed away from him and grabbed the food bag, smiling as I held it up. "Let's go sit in bed and watch TV?"

"Sounds perfect," he said, "let me change into some comfortable clothes."

"Okay," I said, watching as he walked into the bedroom.

I grabbed the bag of food and walked in the bedroom behind him, and I happened to walk in at the perfect moment. He was pulling off his shirt, his back muscles working beautifully.

I smiled and bit down on my bottom lip, placing the food on the bed before I wrapped my arms around his middle from the back.

He grabbed my hands and pulled them up to his mouth, pressing small kisses to the tops of them.

"I'm so excited I get to marry you."

He looked over his shoulder at me with a grin. "You have no clue how ready I am to call you mine for forever."

I smiled against his warm skin, biting down on my bottom lip.

He slipped out of his pants, quickly sliding on some sweats and a white t-shirt.

"Okay, I'm hungry. Let's get actual dinner over with, please? I'm ready for dessert."

I giggled as he scooped me up into his arms, showering me with kisses before throwing me down on the bed, leading us into a night of absolute bliss.

~*~

hi guys! 😊 I had a fun time writing this chapter. I HOPE THE FLOWERS THING GOT U A LITTLE BIT!!! and also how the King last name came up a bit in this chapter..?🧐

hahaha. I hope you guys enjoyed! sorry it wasn't as long as my normal chapters but I promise, these upcoming chapters will most definitely make up for it.

how are you guys feeling about Derek's character? I personally love him so much, just solely because I love Andrew Garfield so much and it's impossible not to.

who's ready to see the big guy show up in a few chapters?? I know you guys are, I don't even have to ask literally

okokok. I love you guys so much :) thank you for always taking the time to read and comment! ❤️