39

Adora

I walked downstairs to be met with Santiago in the kitchen, the smell of bacon filling the air.

I smiled and leaned against the counter, waiting for him to finally notice me.

"Smells amazing."

He looked up and smirked. "Yeah?"

I smiled and nodded. I pushed myself off of the counter and bit down on my bottom lip, wrapping my arms around one of his own.

I pressed a kiss to his skin and rested my cheek against his muscular arm, smiling.

He placed his utensil down on the counter, but I looked up at him alarmed when I heard him suck in a breath.

"Shit," he muttered, grabbing his middle finger, "shit, that was hot."

I smiled up at him and let go of his arm, grabbing his hand.

"This finger?" I asked, biting down on my bottom lip.

I watched his lips pull up into a grin. "Yeah, that one."

I smiled and pulled it into my mouth, letting it go with a pop after swirling my tongue around it.

His eyes darkened as he looked down at me, his jaw muscle flexing.

I smiled up at him. "Does it feel a little better?"

I gasped when he shoved everything off of the counter and boosted me up into his arms, placing me on the countertop.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and smiled, his lips attaching to my own.

"Fuck," he muttered, pulling his lips away from mine, "sorry, I acted fast."

I laughed and shook my head. "Nothing to apologize for."

He cleared his throat and pushed himself away from me. He turned off the stove and braced his palms on the counter, looking over at me.

"Let's talk about last night."

"We really don't have to-" I began, but he cut me off.

"No, I want to," he said.

I just pursed my lips together and sighed. "Okay, lets talk."

He flexed his jaw muscle. "I don't want you to feel like I don't, you know."

I smiled, closing my eyes as I shook my head. "I don't feel like that."

"I've just had a bad run with love, you know," he said, leaning against the counter as he folded his arms over his chest, "it almost scares me to even think about it, and you know not a lot scares me."

I rested my chin on his shoulder. I pressed a kiss to his neck and smiled, rubbing my fingers through his hair. "I'll wait on you, Santiago. And I'll never make you afraid of it."

He grabbed my hand and pressed a kiss to the back of it. "You already have."

I furrowed my brows together down at him.

He sighed. "I've never cared so much about a single human in my life. Other than the boys, but that's a different story. What if I lose you?"

"Santiago," I said, shaking my head, "I won't let you lose me."

He turned around to face me and smiled, pulling me closer to him. "You do know I feel so much for you it's unhealthy for me, right?"

I smiled and nodded. "I know."

"And when I do say it again," he said, his thumb brushing against my cheek, "it's going to be to you."

I couldn't help the warm smile appearing on my face, pursing my lips together. I leaned forward and pressed a kiss to his lips, smiling. "Cook breakfast, I'm hungry."

"Will do, boss," he said, patting my thighs before shooting me a charming smile as he grabbed his spatula.

And I couldn't help but to just admire him, a smile on my face.

I'd wait for him.

~*~

Adora

I placed my phone in the pocket of my jacket, shivering as I walked inside Santiago's large building, a bag of food in my hand.

The receptionist shot me a smile and nodded towards the elevator, making me shoot her the same smile. I stopped when I bumped into a blonde, making her glasses drop on the floor.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry," I apologized, "let me get those for you."

I knelt down and grabbed her glasses, smiling as I held them out to her.

She grabbed them with a confused smile. "It's fine, and thanks."

I just smiled and walked towards the elevators, but stopped when I heard her call out to me.

"Hey?"

I turned around and smiled. "Yeah?"

The elevator doors opened and she hopped inside with me, making my eyes widen.

"You look so familiar," she said, furrowed brows, "do I know you?"

I shook my head slowly. "I, um, I'm not sure. Maybe you've just seen me around here before?"

She smiled. "What floor?"

"Top one," I answered, making her eyebrows furrow together.

"That's Mr. King's floor?"

I smiled, nodding. "Yeah, I know."

She just parted her lips and pressed the thirtieth floor button, the ride up silent and awkward in the slightest.

"So," she asked, as soon as we made it to the top floor, "how do you know Santiago?"

I just furrowed my brows together. "I, uh-"

The elevator doors opened and we stepped out, making Santiago appear in the doorway of his huge office.

He was clad in just his dress shirt and pants, his coat missing. I couldn't help the smile that appeared on my face.

He looked up and smiled at me, but his smile faded when he saw the blonde beside me.

"We were just getting acquainted," she whispered, a warm smile on her face.

He just nodded slowly. I walked towards him and held out the bag of food. "I brought you some food."

"Thanks, baby," he said, wrapping an arm around my neck. He pressed a kiss to my forehead and I just smiled against his muscular chest.

"Baby?" She asked, furrowed brows, a smile on her face.

Santiago's hand trailed down my back. "Adora, this is Catherine, my assistant, Catherine, Adora, my girlfriend."

I smiled up at him and jumped when he grasped my ass, my eyebrows raising. I cleared my throat with a smile, trying to make it as unnoticeable as possible.

Catherine just nodded slowly. "Well you two make a beautiful couple."

"Thanks, Cath," he said, "okay, she's going to stay here for a while."

I noticed the halfway annoyed look on her face. "You want me to keep the doors open, right?"

"Close them for me," he said, turning around, "thanks."

I looked at her once again and bit down on my bottom lip, following Santiago inside. The doors slammed shut and he smiled, leaning against his desk.

I grinned and walked over to him, my hands on his abdomen as I pressed a kiss to his throat.

"Hey," I said, looking over at his windows, "you know, this was the first place we had sex."

He laughed. "That's true. Thank God you gave into me."

I scoffed. "You gave into me."

He smiled at me. "Okay."

"Let's rehash the past?" He asked, his hand sliding down to my backside. He bunched up the fabric of my pencil skirt that clung to my skin, his jaw muscle flexing.

"You look so fucking sexy in a pencil skirt," he said, "I mean, how is that even possible? To look that amazing in a damn pencil skirt?"

I giggled. "Don't flatter me. And I wish we could rehash the past, but my friend is still here."

He groaned and leaned his head back.

He walked over to his chair and I followed. He patted his legs and I sat down on his lap, wrapping an arm around his neck. He rested his hand in between my legs, making me smile.

I looked down at the papers on his desk and my smile halfway faded at the name on top of them.

Novak

He looked up at me and I felt his hand rubbing my back slightly.

"If it makes you uncomfortable-"

"No," I said, "no, not at all. You have to do what you have to do."

"Baby, I have plenty of money," he said, "I can afford to let him go."

"I know," I said, smiling down at him.

"But I did it for the kids," he said.

I smiled. "Yeah, you're a great dad, so."

He rested his head on my shoulder.

"But was it actually about the kids?" I asked, my fingers toying in his hair.

He froze. "It became less about the kids when I found out about you being his fiancée. It was still about the kids, but about you, too."

He pulled away from me.

"So you set me up?" I whispered.

He looked up at me, smiling. "I might have."

My lips pulled up into a grin. "Thank God."

He pressed his lips to mine. "I'm really happy you're mine, baby."

I slipped off of his lap and into the floor. "Yeah, I am, too."

And with that, I unbuckled his belt with a grin.

~*~

Adora

I watched Santiago walk out of the bathroom, a towel tied around his hips. My eyes immediately darted down to his exposed V line, a grin tugging at my lips.

He looked over at me and smiled.

I bit down on my bottom lip and sat up in the bed, admiring him from a distance as I usually did.

"I wonder if you admire me as much as I admire you," I said, watching as he walked into the closet.

He chuckled and I caught a glimpse of his bare backside as he slipped into a pair of underwear and sweatpants.

He turned off the closet light and walked over to the bed, pulling the covers back on his side. "I wonder if you understand how much I admire you, then that wouldn't even be a question."

I rested my hands on his abdomen as he crawled in between my legs, his lips pressed against mine in a kiss.

"You know," I said, "you put on this tough guy act all the time, but in all reality, you're a romantic and you know it."

He smiled. "I'll back you up on that. I am very romantic, but only with you. So get used to it."

I giggled. "Hey, I have some good news."

"Your period is gone?" He asked, eyebrows raised.

"It will be," I said, "tomorrow."

"Yes," he groaned out, falling on his back, "it won't come back, I'll make sure of it."

I furrowed my brows together with a smile, resting my chin in my palm as I rolled over on my stomach. "Were you implying that you're going to get me pregnant, Mr. King?"

He smiled, shrugging. "While we're on the topic of kids, how do you feel about them?"

"Marriage, definitely."

He furrowed his brows together. "Were you implying that you're going to marry me, Ms. Franklin?"

I shrugged, smiling. "Take it as you will."

He pulled me on top of him. "I will."

I pressed a kiss to his lips and rested my chin on his chest.

"You know," he said, turning over, "if you wanted to rub papi's back, I wouldn't be mad about it."

I climbed on his back and sat on his buttocks, making him grunt. "Damn, your ass weighs you down. You're a tiny thing."

I laughed. "Just relax."

I pressed my knuckles into his back and he closed his eyes, folding his arms under his face.

"This is about," he mumbled, "a quarter of how good sex with you is. And that's a lot, so you're a great masseuse."

I giggled. "I think you're having withdrawals."

He grinned. "I most definitely am. I can't even lie about that one."

"Well," I said, "tomorrow night, all of that bent up sexual frustration, you get to take it out on me. How lucky am I?"

He flexed his jaw muscle, a grin pulling at his lips. "You realize that you just gave me permission to have rough sex with you, right?"

I smiled, leaning down. "You can do anything to me."

"That," he said, looking at me from over his shoulder, "was probably a mistake."

I bit down on my bottom lip. "Best mistake I've ever made."

~*~

HEY GUYS!!

how did we like this chapter?!? I rlly liked this one... not sure y tho

oK SO I SAW COMMENTS OF PPL BEING MEAN TOWARDS SANTY ABOUT THE LOVE SITUATION AND ok u can probably understand why he's so scarred for life... I mean the last person he "loved" cheated on him w his bro so... yeah.... love is a heavy topic for him and hopefully this chapter made it a little bit better for you guys :)

Also... how tf did we feel about Adora running into Chatty Cathy aka Catherine

I was a lil uneasy but it's cool. They played nice

ALSO Adora givin her mans permission to do whatever 🤔😚🤤

we shall see how that unfolds^^

Ahaha. Did u guys even fuckin like this lol

^i feel like I have to put that in every chapter now fuk

Ok. I love u guys!! ❤️❤️ hope ur day is great and I started/ended it right. Or maybe it's the middle of the day 4 u but it's the morning for me soooo. Lemme know what time it is where you are!!!!

Ok. I love u.