50

THE LAST OFFICIAL CHAPTER OF BOOK TWO

can I crY PLS

Santiago (a continuation of last chapter)

"Hijo," Dad said through the phone, "I haven't heard from you in forever."

I just chuckled and looked down. "Yeah, same to you. Acting like a stranger, and all."

He chuckled. "How's it going over there?"

I flexed my jaw muscle. "It's going."

"Oh no," he said, "you only call me when you have a problem that no one else can solve."

I just sighed and nodded. "Yeah. I wish I called you more."

"What's the problem?" He asked.

I let out a breath. "I don't know what to do, dad," I said, raking my hair back with my free hand.

"Well, I could help you out if you told me what the problem was."

"Slow your roll, old guy," I chuckled out, "I'm getting to it."

"Hey, you're not far behind me, hijo, so I wouldn't test my luck if I were you."

I chuckled. My chuckle died down as I realized what I'd really called him for.

"So the problem," I said, "the problem is that I, um," I trailed off, almost embarrassed to be coming to my dad for advice on women at the age of 40.

"This is about a woman," he answered.

"How did you guess?" I asked, smiling.

"I created the King ego, mi hijo," he said, "I know enough about it. Not many things waver our ego, but women, oh, Dios, las mujeres!"

I just chuckled, nodding. "Yeah, you're right."

"Tell me about her," he said, and I could hear him shifting around in a chair.

I sighed and leaned back in my chair, looking up at the ceiling. "She's beautiful."

"We do have good taste in women," he said.

"And her personality," I said, "God, her personality. She's so amazing with the boys."

He didn't say anything, just urged me on.

"She's perfect, dad," I said, "I don't really know how else to describe her. She's just fucking perfect."

"So what's the problem?" He asked.

I sighed.

"I couldn't tell her I loved her. I made her wait on me, and I made her wait too long. She got impatient, which is understandable, and left."

"Do you love her?" He asked.

I froze at his question.

"Because if you don't, then don't tell her you love her. Don't lie to her. But if you do," he said, "tell her before it's too late."

I didn't say anything again, just traced circles on the desk in front of me.

"So, let me ask again," he said, "do you love her?"

I leaned back in my chair, closing my eyes.

"Yeah, dad," I said, "I think I do."

"Dile a ella!" He exclaimed, "don't be dumb, Santiago, I raised you to be smarter than that."

"D-"

"It's amazing how you're smart enough to create your own business from nothing, but you're dumb enough to let the woman you love go. Lo juro!"

I rubbed my tired eyes. "I know, dad," I said, "I screwed up."

"Fool her once, shame on her," he said, "fool her twice, shame on you. Tell her while you can, hijo, or it's going to be too late."

I flexed my jaw muscle. "I would, if she had any interest in talking to me."

"I don't blame her," he said, "I don't even want to talk to you. You think I got your mother by letting her walk away from me? Ni loco!"

"I'm scared, dad," I said.

"You should be," he said, "love is scary. You've had a bad run with it."

I rubbed my eyes.

"But I bet this new woman," he said, "I bet she's not like your old one."

"Yeah," I said, "she's not."

"So then tell her," he said, "she obviously loves you, you obviously love her, what's the hold up? Fred and Jo would love another sibling."

I chuckled. "Really funny, dad."

I could hear his smile through the phone. "I hope to meet this new woman one day. What's her name?"

"Adora," I answered, "Adora Franklin."

"Adora King," he said, "hm, has a nice ring to it."

I chuckled yet again. "Thanks, Dad."

"Son," he said, "never forget, I'm here. I'm your dad. You can always call me."

I just smiled. "Love you, dad. Stay safe in the big Barcelona?"

He chuckled. "I'll keep that in mind. I'll see you soon, Santiago."

I smiled and hung up, letting out a sigh.

And it was officially now my mission to make Adora Franklin completely aware of my feelings for her.

~*~

Adora

I tossed and turned in bed, sighing as I finally just turned over on my back.

I looked up at the ceiling, my arms folded on my stomach.

All these thoughts of Santiago and how perfect he was were coursing through my mind. How I'd been so dumb as to even think about leaving in the first place.

How I'd been so dumb to believe that he didn't feel anything for me.

I knew he felt something for me.

Even if it wasn't love.

Santiago wasn't one to hold back anything. He was known to be blunt and speak his mind, and maybe he had.

I hadn't taken into consideration how emotionally scarred he was.

He'd gotten wronged by love, and maybe he was scared it was going to happen again if he told me he loved me.

"I'm not Alessandra."

I furrowed my brows together as I concentrated on him. Had he given me some type of placebo, almost? Something to please me for the time being while he couldn't express himself just yet?

I tried to go through all the words Santiago said to me. Dumb, but it was the only way I could find something to make me go back.

I'd absolutely drained myself. I loved being with Landon, but there was just something about Santiago. Being with him, feeling protected by him.

Feeling loved, even if he couldn't say it.

My mind immediately went to him spitting off random sentences.

Just because.

Can I kiss you?

I like your laugh.

Is this okay?

I think you're beautiful.

I'll do it for you.

I bolted up in the bed, my lips parted as soon as it hit me.

That was Santiago King's I love you.

He'd told me to think. He told me to start thinking, because I'd always asked what exactly they meant.

I jumped out of bed, throwing my clothes into my suitcase that I'd messily packed. I'd basically strewn everything across the room, and finding all of my belongings was a challenge.

I grabbed up the last bit of my things that I saw, running out of the bedroom.

"Hey, love," Landon greeted, his eyes darting down to my suitcase.

I just smiled at him, rushing back into the bathroom that I'd claimed for a few days to grab my toothbrush, toothpaste, and brush.

"I think that's everything," I said, rushing out of the bathroom. I quickly made the bed and ran back outside into the living area.

Landon was standing in the kitchen, eyebrows raised.

"Thanks," I said, throwing my arms around his neck.

He smiled against my shoulder. "You're welcome, Adds."

I smiled and pulled away from him, gulping.

He nudged my elbow. "Go get your man."

~*~

Santiago

I sighed angrily as I walked out of my office, looking down at the papers in my hands.

I knew focusing on them was not in my future.

I rubbed my hand down my face. I was pissed off at everything, really.

I pulled my glasses off of my face and looked up, but froze when I saw what I saw.

Adora Franklin, standing in front of my door.

Our eyes locked and none of us made a move or a sound, just stood there staring.

"Hi," she greeted, after a few minutes of being in a daze.

"Hey," I whispered, my jaw muscle taut.

She looked down at her feet, shifting between them. "I missed you."

I walked over to her, pulling her chin up to me.

"I missed you."

She just looked down at my lips, biting down on her bottom one.

I leaned forward and was less than an inch away from her lips, but she stopped me.

She instead threw her arms around my neck, nestling her face in the crook of my neck.

I wrapped my arms around her and we stood in the middle of the kitchen, in that very position, for a good three minutes before she pulled away.

"You know," she said, scratching her head, "it's funny."

I just looked down at her, my thumb brushing against her cheek. I knew I wouldn't be able to keep my hands away from her for a while.

"You told me to think."

I furrowed my brows together.

"About those sentences," she said, "what they meant."

I just smiled a weak smile and nodded.

"And I guess we both distract eachother," she said, "because I couldn't think when I was here, you couldn't think when I was here."

I just grasped her face, flexing my jaw muscle.

"I thought," she said, "I laid in bed, and I thought."

"And what was your conclusion," I asked, admiring her beauty.

She just looked up at me. "I know what you feel for me."

I just nodded, my thumb brushing against her bottom lip.

"And if you can't say it," she said, grasping my wrists, "that's fine. I'll wait on you. Like I said I'd do last time. I'll wait on you."

I just wrapped my arms around her neck, pulling her back into me.

"Hey, Adora," I said, my face in the crook of her neck.

"Yeah, Santiago?"

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, flexing my jaw muscle.

"I love you."

~*~

WHAT THE FUCK HOW

THIS BOOK IS OVER

I AM NOT CRYING, U R

oh my gosh..... our baby finally SAID IT!!! HE SAID IT

Wow guys my stomach is hurting so bad writing this... srsly.

I'm so sad that it's over, but I'm so happy for the next book!

Also... #53 in romance r u guys KIDDING

I love you so much. Thank you so much for going on this amazing journey with me, and hopefully staying for a little while longer! I hope you guys are like me, and find losing interest in Santiago and Adora is impossible.

I have the most dedicated readers ever, seriously. So what if we don't have the most views and votes ever? That's not what matters. I am so thankful for you guys, and this note doesn't even begin to go into the regard I have for you guys...

Get that Santy reference?

Anyways. I love you guys so much. I hope you're as stoked for the third book as I am!

I'm going to be posting a note for the third book probably tomorrow? Maybe, not sure though! Valentines Day is the day! Keep a sharp eye out :)

Also... how did we appreciate THE OG KING TALKING OUR BABY THROUGH LOVE ADVICE SHSSWKSOWOWN he's so cute.

we will DEFINITELY be seeing more of him in the third book. Count on it.

Also, I got a few comments asking, yes, Adora's parents have passed. She lived with her grandparents until they passed when she was seventeen, and that's when she moved in with Brenna and Landon! That's her story. I'm sorry I never really cleared that up!

I really, genuinely hope you guys enjoyed this book half as much as I loved writing it. Santiago King and Adora Franklin will never die.

#Sadora

We GAVE THEM A SHIP NAME AHAHAH

ok. Did u guys even fuckin like this book?

I am crying oh my fuck ok I've got to be out

I love you guys so much. THANK YOU. ❤️🤟🏼

For now, stay wavy, and forever love.