30

Adora

I woke up and raised my arms above my head, letting out a content sigh.

I smiled as soon as I opened my eyes. I'd slept so good last night after Santiago and I got cuddled up to eachother.

After our intense sex session.

I wasn't sure I'd ever had sex so intense, so pleasurable. It seemed as if only Santiago knew how to do such a thing.

I bit down on my bottom lip as I twirled a strand of hair around my finger, looking out the window of his bedroom.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes, getting out of bed. I walked into the bathroom, looking at myself in the mirror.

I looked well rested. Like I'd slept more last night than I had in the past five years.

I couldn't help but to smile. I brushed my teeth and grabbed a hair tie, turning the shower water on. I reached my hand inside and kept it under the water for a few seconds as it warmed up, and soon enough it was the temperature I wanted.

I stepped inside after shrugging out of Santiago's shirt. I quickly showered and washed my hair, turning off the water after I was done.

I wrapped a towel around my body and wiped the steam off of the mirror, brushing my fingers through my wet hair.

I dried off and walked into Santiago's closet, brushing my fingertips across every shirt of his. I pulled one off of the hanger and threw it on, even though I had all of my clothes now.

I smiled and threw on a pair of Calvin Klein underwear, throwing my towel in the hamper as I turned off the closet light.

I had to mentally prepare myself and what to say to Santiago as soon as I saw him. No matter how well I was at brushing it off, Santiago was intimidating to everyone, including me.

I bit down on my bottom lip and walked downstairs, smiling as I wrapped my arm around one of the columns at the base of the staircase.

He was leaned against the counter, his back to me. I admired his back tattoos, his back muscles. He was a beautiful man.

I smiled and tip toed over to him, biting down on my bottom lip to suppress a laugh.

"Boo!" I yelled, making him casually look back at me.

I frowned. "Nothing scares you."

He smiled and pushed himself off of the counter. "Maybe, maybe not."

I smiled as he neared me, looking down at his toned abdomen as he did so. My hand darted out to press against his skin, pulling him closer to me.

"Good morning, beautiful," he whispered, smiling down at me as he tucked a chunk of damp hair behind my ear.

I pressed my lips against his hand. "Good morning."

He pulled my lips to his and I wrapped an arm around his neck, escalating the kiss myself.

I was slowly becoming obsessed with the thought of Santiago King being mine, and I was his.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked, his lips against my jaw.

I nodded. "Mm hmm, what about you?"

He nodded. His arms reached down to my buttocks and he pulled me up into his arms, grinning up at me.

"I've got to go to my friend's house today," I said.

"How many hours away?"

I shrugged. "Five or six."

"That's five or six long sex sessions." He smiled up at me and I giggled, leaning down to press a kiss against his lips.

He placed me on the counter and I placed my hands on both sides of his neck, moving my lips against his.

He pried my thighs apart with a smile against my lips. "Why are your thighs clenched together so tight?" He asked, a smile on his face.

I just bit down on my bottom lip and grinned. "You figure that out for yourself."

He growled and pressed his lips against my neck, making me brace a hand on the counter. His hand moved in between my thighs, at the very top of my thigh.

"You are so touchy," I whispered, smiling down at him.

He laid me down on my back, his arms holding my own above my head. "You're right."

I felt him slide my underwear off of me and I just smiled up at the ceiling. "Qué éstás haciendo, Santiago?"

His hands held mine again, a smile on his face as he trailed kisses down my thigh. "Sabes lo que estoy haciendo, mi chiquita."

I smiled, and with that, his head descended down in between my thighs.

~*~

Adora

I held my finger over my lips as I tip-toed inside Brenna and Zayn's house, smiling.

I saw Landon standing at the counter eating. "When is Addy going to be here?"

I smiled. I sighed and rested a hand on my hip.

"You know," I said, "your teeth are going to fall out if you keep inhaling sugar."

He looked over at me and his eyes lightened up, his jaw dropping. "Oh my God, Adora!"

He squealed and ran over to me, wrapping his arms around me. I laughed and hugged him back, rubbing his back. "How have you been?"

"I've been great," he answered, pulling away from me, "you have gotten a body on you. Jealous."

I smiled and Brenna did the same. "It's her new man."

I looked over at her with a grin.

"Speaking of," she said, "where is Derek? I thought he was coming, too."

My jaw dropped at her question. I had no other expression than that, my eyes darting over to Zayn.

"I thought it was better for you to tell her," he mouthed, making me sigh and bite down on my bottom lip. I pulled my thumbnail in my mouth.

"Well?" She asked.

"Uh," I said, rubbing the back of my neck, "can we go outside? For a little bit?"

She nodded, her hands in her back pockets. "Yeah. Hold on, Lan, we'll be in in a sec."

I opened the door and walked outside, raking my hands through my hair.

"What is it, Adds?"

I turned around, leaning against one of the columns behind me. "I, um," I trailed off, folding my arms over my chest as I tried to find the right words to say.

"You what?"

I looked away from her, pulling my lips into my mouth. "I'm not with," I began, "Derek anymore."

Her eyebrows went into a furrow as she folded her arms over her chest. "What?"

I bit down on my bottom lip. "It's just, um," I trailed off again, sighing as I shook my head.

"So you left Derek?" She asked.

I cleared my throat and nodded.

"For what?" She asked, shaking her head.

I couldn't answer her this time and just looked down at my feet.

"Wait," she said, her eyebrows still in the deep furrow they'd been in since I'd seen her, "tell me it's not what I'm thinking. Tell me something different. Lie to me if you have to."

I flexed my jaw muscle and shook my head. "I can't do that."

She took a few steps closer to me, her arms folded over her chest. "So you're telling me that you left Derek over a forty year old man that wants nothing for you?"

I furrowed my brows together. "That's not true."

"It is true, Adora," she said, "he wants you for one thing and that's sex. It's been that ever since the first time you saw him, you know that."

"You don't know him," I said, shaking my head, "no, you don't know Santiago."

"I know him enough to know that he was low enough to cheat on his wife with you," She said, "yeah, a pretty great guy. I'm proud for you."

"Brenna," I said, closing my eyes, "you know the story, and you know that you're making shit up to put me against him. That's not going to work, I hope you know that."

"So it took three hours of being at dinner with him to fall out of love with Derek, and back in love with him?"

I snapped my eyes over to her. "That's not what happened."

"Everything I'm saying is what happened, Adora," she said, "you need to open your eyes. This man doesn't want you like you want him, I can guarantee you."

"What do you have against him?" I asked, "why is it that you told me two weeks ago that I couldn't control my feelings but now you're bashing me for not controlling them?"

"I knew you were in love with Derek," she snapped, "and he thought you were, too."

"I was in love with him, Brenna," I said, "but that changed."

"Obviously."

"Why do you butt in every time that it has something to do with me and a guy?" I asked.

"I don't want you to get hurt," she said, "I'm trying to protect you because you can't protect yourself."

"I'm twenty-three years old, Brenna," I said, "I think I've got it."

"Well I think you don't," she said, "and when you come back in a week crying because he doesn't want you, I won't know what to tell you."

She turned around and I furrowed my brows together. "And when I don't come to you in a week, and he's still sleeping next to me, I won't know what to tell you."

She stopped in her tracks, turning around. She chuckled and shook her head. "Good one. I bet your parents and grandparents are real proud of you, Adds."

My blood boiled at that statement. "Screw you, Brenna," I said, "and you're not ruining this day or this for me. God forbid I do something for the well being of me. I came here to have a fun day with Landon, not to argue with you over something we've already argued over countless times, thanks for the lesson, though."

And with that, I brushed past her and into her house.

~*~

Adora

Santiago plopped down on the couch, watching as I walked into the living room with him. I sat down next to him and sighed, resting my head in my hand.

"You've been mighty quiet this evening."

I looked over at him and pursed my lips together.

"What's wrong?" He asked, flexing his jaw muscle.

I shook my head. "Nothing, I, um, I just have a headache."

I stood up and walked into the kitchen. It wasn't totally a lie, but I felt Santiago's eyes on me as I walked away.

I leaned against the counter and folded my arms over my chest.

I heard his heavy footsteps and I looked over at him, pursing my lips together as he leaned against the counter across from me.

"You know," he began, "you're a terrible liar, so now you're forced to tell me."

I just looked up at him and sighed. "I wish it was up to me."

He furrowed his brows together. "What's that mean?"

"I wish it was up to me," I said, "who I'm with, how people react to it."

He folded his bulky arms over his bulky chest, his eyes boring into me.

"I wish I could say, hey, I'm with Santiago King, and people not give me shit for it. And people not think, oh, isn't he too old for her? Or, oh, they're an unlikely couple."

"Who's giving you shit for it?"

"Brenna," I said.

"Isn't she the one that shunned you five years ago about it?" He asked, furrowed brows.

I nodded. "Yep."

"You kept her around?" He asked, a surprised look on his face, "you're a better person than me."

I just looked up at him and sighed.

"And who cares what people think," he said, pushing himself off of the counter, "I know I sure as hell don't."

He wrapped his arms around me and I sighed, my cheek against his chest. "I just don't get it. Why does she have to go after you?"

He rested his chin on top of my head. "I have a lot of people that don't like me," he said, "I can't please everybody."

"I still don't get it," I said, wrapping my arms around his middle.

"Adora," he said, "people get jealous of people that are going somewhere in life. Maybe she's afraid that she isn't."

I looked up at him.

"That came out wrong," he said, making me giggle.

"What I meant to say was maybe she's jealous of your happiness. You are happy, right?"

I looked up at him yet again. "Of course I am. I just, I don't know," I said, "I want people to know that we're together and not freak out about it."

"Trust me, baby," he said, "the whole damn world is going to know you're mine sooner than later. Don't broadcast it, but don't keep it a secret. I want people to be like, damn, he scored that? What do I have to do to get that?"

I giggled and gave his chest a good shove. "Shut up."

He smiled down at me.

He pulled away from me and turned around. "I'm getting a shower, if you want to join."

I smiled. "I'll be up in a few."

I watched as he walked off, completely unaware as to how I'd managed to score Santiago King.

~*~

hi guys!!!! Sorry I skipped a few days of updating I feel terrible I really do.

I really thought school was about to buckle down on me but I was paranoid I do believe so we're safe.

How did we like this chapter?? I really liked this one, some tea got spilled

How did we feel about Brenna snapping on her for being w her man???? I am not feeling her rn

I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter ❤️ I really loved Santiago in this chapter 😭🤤

ok guys. I love y'all vvv much :) be ready for the next chapter!!! Ps- it's fast forwarded a little bit soooo

Ok. So much love :)