38

Adora

I sighed as I leaned against the counter. I folded my arms over my chest and Santiago just looked over at me, furrowed brows.

"You good?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yeah, my back's just hurting."

He walked around the corner of the counter, placing his hands on my shoulders as he pressed a kiss to my neck. "Want me to massage it for you?"

I puckered my lips out. He leaned in for a kiss and I smiled.

"That's be nice," I said, biting down on my bottom lip as soon as he pulled away from me.

"Well, turn around," he said.

I turned around and braced my hands against the counter, my backside pressing against his groin, covered in only sweatpants.

I felt his hands at the bottom of my back, my eyes closing at the feeling. His touch made me feel a million times better.

"Tell me where it's hurting."

"Just the bottom," I said, "kinda where your hands are."

His hands began moving in opposite directions. I just sighed, closing my eyes in satisfaction.

"Does that feel good?" He asked, making me nod.

"Yeah," I answered, "you're really strong."

He chuckled. "I thought we've established this."

I giggled.

"So am I going to be enlisted to massage you for a week out of the month now?" He asked.

"Yep," I answered.

"I thought your cramps hurt your vagina?"

I let out a laugh. "I don't know why, but it hurts my back more. And it hurts the bottom of my stomach, but close."

He chuckled. "So that means child birth is going to hurt your back more."

I looked over my shoulder at him. "You spend time researching this, or something?"

He smiled. "I'm not as dumb as you think I am."

I pursed my lips together to stop from moaning. It felt amazing. "I don't think you're dumb at all. I think you're brilliant."

"I think I am, too. The smartest thing I've ever done was get invested in you."

I couldn't help the smile appearing on my face, my cheeks heating up.

"Same here," I whispered.

"Do you know how many times I look back and think, wow, you're so smart for cancelling those meetings that night?"

I giggled. "Are you just trying to take my mind off of hating being a woman?"

He laughed. "Pretty much. I think I'm quite serenading, if you ask me."

"Yeah, that's the word," I said, smiling.

"You know," he said, "we've had sex in this exact same spot before."

I threw my head back with a laugh. "I think a few times."

"True."

"We've both changed so much," I said, "we've both mellowed out."

"Except when it comes to the bed," he whispered.

"True. Wanna go upstairs?" I asked, turning around to face him.

"Stop," he said, "you know we can't have sex."

I bit down on my bottom lip and rested my hands on his abdomen, making him shake his head.

"You're such a tease, stop."

I laughed. "Okay. I'll leave you alone."

"What the hell happened to the chocolate?" He asked, picking up the empty box of chocolate.

I puckered my lips out, looking away from him.

He laughed. "Hey, I love a woman that can eat."

I just grinned and that grin turned into a hysterical giggle when he tickled me, throwing me over his shoulder.

"What are you doing?" I giggled out.

"Duh," he said, "we're having a tickle fight. What the hell else would we be doing as grown adults?"

~*~

Adora

"Hi!" I squealed, throwing my arms around Landon's neck.

"Ah, Adds!" He exclaimed, "we barely hung out last time I was here!"

"How was your last two months in the UK?" I asked, grinning as we sat down at a table.

"Pretty good," he said, "and how have your past two months been?"

I couldn't help the genuine smile on my face. "They've been better than I could even imagine."

He smiled. "That's amazing, Adds."

I tucked a chunk of hair behind my ear. "Yeah."

"So I heard," he said, "you and Novak?"

I puckered my lips out. "Yeah, we, uh," I said, rubbing the back of my neck, "we broke things off."

"Well, he didn't make an effort to meet me, so," he said, his nose pointed up, "I don't think I approved, anyways."

I laughed.

"So you have a new man, or what?" He asked, his arms folded on the table.

I traced circles on the table with my pointer finger, a smile tugging at my lips.

"Do spill!" He exclaimed.

I laughed. "Well, it's not really a new man."

"Okay," he said, "I've only ever known two guys you've been with. One of them is the one I knew and despised from when you two were together in high school, and the other is pretty much impossible."

"I'll narrow it down," I said, "it's not the one from high school."

His jaw dropped. "Holy shit, Adds! You're with Santiago King?"

I laughed and placed a finger over my lips, my eyes wide.

"You're with Santiago King?" He whisper-yelled, making me giggle.

"You could call it that."

"Let me repeat myself from five years ago," he said, "oh my God, Adds, you're finally getting some good, rich dick!"

I laughed. "I figured Bren had already said something."

"No," he said, "you weren't the topic of conversation, believe it or not."

I just raised my eyebrows and traced circles on the tabletop.

"She still doesn't approve?"

I just smiled and raised my eyebrows for a split second, making him shoot me a sympathetic smile. "If it makes you feel any better, I definitely approve. One thousand percent."

I laughed. "Thanks, Lan. Anyways, off of the topic of me, what about your love life?"

He just smiled, pink tinging at his cheeks.

"What!" I exclaimed, "Landon James Wolf blushing!"

"Stop," he said, looking down.

"So," I began, "who is it?"

"He's in the UK, but he's coming to visit soon. His name is Nate."

"Well how pleasant," I said, "I expect to meet this Nate when he comes around."

He just smiled. "I'd love for you two to meet."

And with that, we got a coffee and caught up from the lost time.

~*~

Adora

"Did you have a nice time with your friend today?" Santiago asked, putting his book down as soon as I walked out of the bathroom.

I smiled. "I did. It was really nice."

He smiled and pulled the covers back on his side. I climbed in bed and sighed, smiling over at him.

He stood up and discarded his shirt, crawling back in the bed to lie beside me.

"Your back feeling any better?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yes, your hands are very skilled."

"I thought we knew that already," he said, smiling down at me.

I rolled my eyes and smiled, throwing an arm over his abdomen. "You are a mess."

"Use your adjectives you usually use," he said, smiling.

"A rich, handsome mess," I said, smiling as I scooted further up. I pressed a kiss to the tip of his nose, smiling.

He reached over and turned off his lamp, making me roll over on my side, facing away from him. He scooted close to me and rested his arm on my hip.

I grabbed his hand and pulled it up to my mouth, pressing kisses to his fingertips.

Tell him.

I pursed my lips together.

Tell him, right now.

"Hey, Santiago?"

"Yeah, baby?" He answered, his fingers pulling my bottom lip down.

"I love you," I whispered, after hesitating for a few seconds.

I felt him tense up behind me, and I let out a shaky breath. "And I'm not expecting you to say it back, I just wanted you to know how I feel about you."

He relaxed and I could hear my heartbeat in my ears.

"I have a very deep regard for you, Adora," he whispered, pressing a kiss to my temple.

I smiled and hugged his hand closer to me. "That's good enough."

"Goodnight, baby," he said, "I bet you'll be even more beautiful in the morning."

I closed my eyes and flexed my jaw muscle, a smile forming on my face.

The feeling of Santiago behind me was still surreal. How had I ended up with Santiago King, of all the people in the world? How had I ended up with such a perfect human?

I held his arm tighter to me, and after a few minutes, I fell asleep in his arms.

~*~

hey guys!!!! how did we like this chapter?? AND HOW DID WE LIKE SEEING LANDON AGAIN AAHHH OUR LOVE

speaking of love... how do we feel about Adora expressing her love to Santiago?? that poor baby has been scarred for life tho. we'll see how that unfolds :))

what are your opinions?? I just want to know how ur feeling about everything, like no particular person or thing just EVERYTHING HOW R U FEELING

also... next book title reveal in a few chapter??? 🤔🤔🤔

hehehe. LANDON will be making more appearances, don't worry😚

omg and Santiago massaging Adora >>>

give me a Santiago pls + thank u

ok. I think that's all the blabbering I can do.

I love u guys!! Thanks for reading and commenting if u did :)

oh and did u even fuckin like this

HAHA double update today I hope u guys r pleased w me.

I LOVE YALL OK IM DONE TALKING NOW