43

SCROLL OVER TO THE SONG, AND LISTEN TO IT DURING THE THIRD SECTION (I'll remind you)

Santy's building^

Santiago

Adora tapped her pen against the counter, her hand on her forehead. "Give me another word for delicious."

I smiled, pressing a kiss to her ear. "Adora Franklin."

She smiled and I pulled the lollipop I'd stolen from the boys out of my mouth, walking around the counter.

"So you think just Adora will work? It has to be one word."

I just smiled at her, pulling my lollipop into my mouth again. "Try delectable."

She snapped her fingers. "That's the word I was looking for. Thanks, babe."

I shot her a wink and she pulled her bottom lip in between her teeth as she continued to focus deeply on the paper in front of her.

"That's for John?"

"Yep," she answered, "I have to have it in by tomorrow. I'm trying to get it done so I can have a free night."

She grinned and rested her chin in her palm, making me smile.

"So that means I can take you out on a date?"

She giggled. "I mean, if you just want to," she trailed off, shooting me a smile.

I rounded the counter and wrapped an arm around her neck from behind. "Consider it a date."

She pressed a kiss to the back of my hand. "Do I get to know where?"

I puckered my lips out, sighing. "No. It's a surprise."

She smiled and looked over her shoulder at me. "Is that so?"

"That it is," I whispered, pressing a kiss to the top of her ear.

"What flavor?" She asked, making me unwind my arm from around her neck. She grabbed the lollipop from my hand and shoved it in her mouth, making my lips curl up into a smile.

I looked down at her as she swirled her tongue around it, an eyebrow cocked up at me.

"Definitely cherry."

She pulled it out of her mouth with a pop and handed it back to me, biting down on her bottom lip.

"You," I began, grabbing her chin, "are s-"

I was cut short by the boys barreling in the kitchen, making me purse my lips together.

"We're ready to go, dad!" They yelled.

"Your bags are packed for mom's?" I asked, holding my hands up for high-fives.

"Yep."

They immediately ran to Adora, making her smile and jump down from her stool. "Bye guys! Have a fun weekend."

"We'll miss you, Addy," Josiah said, puppy dog eyes up at her.

"What he said," Fred said, matching Josiah's eyes.

She laughed. "I'll miss my favorite boys."

"Ha! Got you, dad, we're her favorite boys!" Fred yelled.

"Well," I said, "I'm her favorite man, there's a difference."

Their smiles morphed into frowns as they looked back up at Adora.

She laughed. "All of you are my favorites. Go, you're going to be late for school, guys."

I smiled and pressed a kiss to her cheek. "I'll be back later."

"Be careful," she said, smiling as I kissed her cheek.

"I will. Date night tonight, don't forget it."

She smiled. "I most definitely won't, Mr. King."

~*~

Adora

"Stop trying to peek," I heard Santiago say, making me giggle. He led me through an empty place, it seemed, because every sound we made was an echo.

"Step in here."

"Santiago, where are you taking me," I asked, folding my arms over my chest.

"It's a surprise," he said, "have you never had anyone surprise you with something, or what? You're impatient."

I rolled my eyes from behind the tie I had tied around my head, blocking me from seeing anything.

"Woah!" I yelled as we began moving, "we're in an elevator, I know that much."

He chuckled. "You're one step closer to figuring it out. Smart girl."

I darted my hand out to feel around for him. "You're still here?"

"Where the hell else would I be?"

I laughed.

"Okay, we're here."

He grabbed my hand and led me through another dark place, and I gasped when the cold air hit me.

"Okay. I'm going to pull the blindfold off, okay?"

I nodded. He untied the blindfold and I could finally see, my eyebrows furrowing together at the sight in front of me.

"Santiago, where is this?" I asked, admiring the skyline that I could see from the top of the building I was on.

"This is King Corp," he said, "the deck of it."

I turned around to face him, a smile on my face. I threw my arms around his neck and slid my hands down his abdomen. "You look so much like a dad, oh my gosh."

He looked down at his sweater and jeans clad body, a confused smile on his face. "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

I pressed a tiny kiss to his lips. "You make it a good thing. Though I feel like I'm a tad bit overdressed."

He shook his head, his hand on his jawline. "No, no you look stunning."

I smiled and hugged my jacket closer to me. He grabbed my hand and we walked on the rose petal-covered ground, candles lit all around us. I just smiled and threw a hand over my mouth at the sight in front of me, which happened to be a velvet blanket with a picnic basket on top of it.

"Santiago," I whispered, looking up at him, "I'm at a loss of words, seriously."

He smiled and pressed a kiss to my forehead.

"You are so amazing," I whispered, my hands against his abdomen as I looked up at him.

He couldn't wipe the smile off of his face, flexing his jaw muscle. "I'm happy you like it."

"I love it," I said, smiling up at him.

"Let's sit down and admire the skyline," he said.

We sat down on the velvet blanket and he pulled open the picnic basket, pulling out chocolate covered strawberries first.

"Ugh," I groaned out, throwing my head back, "how did you know that these are my favorites?"

He held one out to me. "I just knew."

I bit down on my bottom lip and took it from his hand, leaning back on one elbow as I admired all the tall buildings that were in full view from the top of Santiago's building.

"I didn't even know this thing existed," I said, "this is so beautiful."

He smiled over at me. "I used to sit out here and work sometimes. It helped me focus."

I looked over at him and bit down on my bottom lip.

"But I don't do that anymore," he said, grabbing a chocolate covered strawberry, "nothing helps me focus anymore. It's so funny, you're the only thing on my mind always."

I just looked over at him, a blank expression on my face. That soon morphed into a blushing smile, making me look back at the buildings.

"You know," I said, "my abuela and I used to go to the space needle every time we came through Seattle. And every New Year's Eve, we'd stay there until midnight."

He looked over at me and pulled his bottom lip into his mouth.

"I haven't been since she died," I said, my eyes fixated on it as I sighed.

He didn't say anything, but I could tell he was urging me to continue on.

"I hate looking at it," I said, "let along going to it."

"Well," he said, scooting closer to me, "I love looking at you."

I couldn't help my cheeks from heating up, the smile on my lips as I looked over at him.

He darted a hand out to brush against my jawline. "God, that smile."

I just looked at him, shaking my head. "What the hell happened to you, Santiago King?"

He shook his head, his lips inching closer and closer to my own. "You happened."

~*~

ok NOW ITS TIME TO SCROLL BACK UP TO THE TOP AND OVER TO THE SONG, HIT PLAY AND LISTEN :)

Santiago

I opened the door for Adora and led her inside my office, closing the door behind us.

"God, it's cold out there," she said, her teeth chattering.

I smiled and walked to my desk, putting the picnic basket on top of it. I leaned against it and she just folded her arms over her chest, shooting me a smile.

"I love the dimmed lights," she commented, "very vital part to a romantic date."

I chuckled, pushing myself off of my desk. "Thanks, I really put a lot of effort into it."

I smiled as I neared her, her arms darting out to wrap around my middle.

"Thank you for tonight," she whispered, her cheek pressed against my chest, "it's been so amazing."

As if I didn't know every side to Adora Franklin already, I saw a few more. I saw her dorky side, the side that knew every name of every building in Seattle because she'd studied them when she was younger, or the quirky side, the side that showed me just how different she was from every other woman I'd ever come across.

Adora Franklin was a keeper.

I felt her lips pull up into a grin against my chest, making her pull away from me.

She walked over to the table beside the couch, turning on the stereo.

Her lips pulled up into another grin when we heard the song filling my nearly empty office.

When A Man Loves A Woman.

I just flexed my jaw muscle and smiled, looking out one of the many picture windows of my office.

She smiled and walked over to me, grabbing my hands. "Let's dance."

I just looked down at her, beginning to move to the song that had just started playing.

"When a man loves a woman," she sang, "can't keep his mind on nothing else, he'll trade the world, for the good thing he's found."

I couldn't pull my eyes away from her, her singing as we danced to the beat of the music.

"When she is bad, he can't, see it," she sang, yet again, her eyes boring into my own, a smile on her face, "she can do no wrong, turn his back on his best friend, if he put her down."

I couldn't help the uncomfortable feeling from rushing over me.

Was I relating to this song?

My eyes bored into hers as she continued to sing the lyrics of the song, and I was fully indulged in listening to the lyrics.

All the times I couldn't focus on anything but her flashed through my mind.

We continued to dance and I began to tune the music out, watching as she pressed her face against my chest. I could feel my heart beating through my ears, my jaw muscle flexing repeatedly.

I knew exactly what I felt for Adora Franklin. I was just having trouble getting it out.

Instead of saying it, I grabbed her face with both hands and pressed my lips against hers, kissing her with the most passion I'd ever kissed anyone with. I basically poured my heart out through the kiss, and I was hoping she'd get the message that I was trying to convey.

The sound of the music was the only thing around us, our lips still pressed against each other's in a passionate kiss. My hands never moved from her face, hers never moved from my abdomen.

I eventually pulled away, brushing her hair away from her face. I smiled down at her and flexed my jaw muscle, resting my forehead against hers.

"What was that about," she asked, breathless, her hands gliding up my abdomen and to my neck.

I shook my head. "You'll understand later."

And with that, we finished our night off dancing to Percy Sledge.

~*~

Hi guys!!! So YOU CANT TELL ME ANYTHING I CRIED WRITING THIS OK

omfg wasn't this so perfect and precious and where the fuCK IS SANTIAGO KING

did y'all cry reading this or no? I got emotional as hell where is he

I love them so much 😩😩 comment if you love them also

okay. did u guys even fuckin like this

hahaha. Okay I LOVE U GUYS ❤️