13

Adora

I awkwardly stood outside of my house, lips pursed together as I hesitated going inside.

I knew it was all on me to apologize, because I screwed up. I'd admit it.

I stuck my key in the door, turning the handle and opening it. I walked inside to be met with the sight of Derek asleep on the couch, still in his business attire.

I just sighed, dropping my purse on the counter before walking over to him. I leaned down and pressed a kiss to his forehead, smoothing his hair back as I smiled down at him.

He always looked so content while sleeping.

I stood up straight and walked into the kitchen, pulling out a few pans. I shrugged out of my jacket and threw it on a stool, opening the fridge. I reached inside and grabbed some eggs, biscuits, and bacon.

A few minutes into cooking, I saw him sit up out of the corner of my eye.

I looked over at him and he grinned, standing up.

I bit down on the inside of my bottom lip, watching as he neared me.

He leaned down and pressed a kiss to my lips, looking down at me with such passion in his eyes that it hurt.

I bit down on my bottom lip as I looked up at him, earning a grin from him.

"I'm sorry," I muttered, turning my focus back to the stove.

I dumped the scrambled eggs on his plate, looking up at him with an eyebrow cocked up when I didn't hear a response.

"You have nothing to be sorry for," he said.

I just sighed and walked back over to the stove. "Yeah, I do. I basically accused you of doing something I know good and well you'd never even think about doing. Now I feel all bad."

He smiled, standing up. I felt his arms wrap around my waist from behind, his chin fall in the crook of my neck. "I'm so in love with you, I don't even think I look at other women."

I giggled. "Well, I want you to look at other women."

"And realize that there's no one on this planet that comes close to matching your beauty?" I felt his lips dragging down the back of my neck, his hands rested on my hips.

"Derek..." I trailed off, "I have breakfast cooking."

"I don't care," he muttered, dropping down to his knees. I squealed as he trailed kisses down the bottom of my back and my thighs, his hands still sliding up my legs.

He stood up and smiled down at me. "Look at that. The thousandth time you've made me fall on my knees for you."

I smiled up at him, dropping my cooking utensil before wrapping my arms around his neck to kiss him.

I trailed my lips down his cheek and to his neck, smiling against his warm skin.

"Uh, Adds, as much as I'm enjoying this, the house might or might not catch on fire if you don't do something with that in the next three seconds."

I laughed against his skin and let go of him, turning the stove off. "Breakfast is ready."

"Breakfast is charred," he teased, making me swat him with a towel.

We grabbed our plates and sat down at the bar, making him look over at me. "Dessert after breakfast is a thing, right?"

I giggled. "It can be."

"Good."

~*~

Adora

Brenna plopped down on my couch with her glass of wine, her famous grin on her face.

I looked over at her, shooting her a goofy smile. That earned a giggle from her, making her throw her head back. "What were you two up to before I got here?"

I shrugged. "Nothing. Just eating breakfast."

"Oh. Okay. Sure."

I threw my head back with a laugh.

"I know you two like the back of my hand. You two can't argue without having sex afterwards."

I jutted my bottom lip out. "Debatable."

She just cocked an eyebrow up at me.

"Okay, okay," I said, "off of the topic of Derek and I. So, what did you need to tell me?"

"So," she began, patting my thighs, "guess who is coming back?"

I furrowed my brows together. "Who?"

"Landon!" She screeched, making my eyes widen and my jaw drop.

"No way!"

"Yes way!" She said, "I'm so excited!"

"Oh my gosh, he finally got enough of his family?"

"That's understandable, definitely after five years."

I giggled. "So when is he coming back?"

"Well," she said, "his flight is on Monday."

"Monday?" I screeched, "oh my God, I have to get the house cleaned up."

She giggled. "He's staying with Zayn and I for a few nights then going to a hotel. Can you believe how outrageous hotel rooms are for just a night?"

"Understandable."

"But I'm thinking we need to have a family reunion, if you will. Me, you, Zayn, Derek, and Landon. I think it'll be fun, rekindling the friendship."

"Yes! That's a great idea," I said, "Derek and I will cook a big dinner."

"Perfect. I was hoping to God that you'd suggest that, because I can't cook a huge dinner like that."

I smiled. "Yeah, it's going to be great."

"So," she said, "how are you enjoying your new job that daddy King got you?"

I nodded. "Santiago, and it's really chill. I really like my boss, he's so mellow."

"That's good, Adds. We know how terribly you work under pressure, so I'm happy for you."

"Funny," I said, "and yeah, me too."

"How does Derek feel about him?"

"Derek hasn't met him yet. But I told him that he's super respectful."

She nodded. "Well, I hope he doesn't go against your word."

"He wouldn't."

"Adds, you're hot, deal with it! And we know how possessive your men are with you."

"Men?" I asked, an eyebrow cocked up at her with a grin.

"Uh, yeah," she said, "they even were five years ago."

And I couldn't respond to that statement.

~*~

Santiago

I sighed as I looked down at my watch, tipping back my glass of whiskey.

10:03 P.M.

I sat back in my chair as I rubbed my tired eyes, folding my arms over my chest as I looked down at the papers across my desk.

Novak Industries, Novak Industries, Novak Industries.

Every paper sprawled across my desk had Derek Novak's name stamped on the top of it.

There was a large part of me that liked Derek. He was young and already building an empire to pass down to his kids. He reminded me a lot of myself. He had a good head on his shoulders, and was a genuinely friendly guy.

But there was also a really, really tiny part of me that didn't like him. I couldn't necessarily put my finger on what it was, but once I could, I wouldn't be able to admit it.

I knew what it was about.

I let out a heavy sigh, raking my hands through my hair.

I heard a knock on my door, and I looked over with furrowed brows.

"Hey," my assistant greeted, a noticeable small smile on her face.

"What are you still doing here, Catherine," I nonchalantly asked, pretending I had something to write down as she made her way closer to me.

"I leave when you leave," she said, "it's like that. It's always been like that."

I sighed and placed my pen on my desk. "Catherine."

"What, Santiago?" She asked, sitting on the edge of my desk.

I looked up at her, cocking an eyebrow up at her. "Please get out of my office. I'm busy."

"After hours?" She asked, "don't you spend your days doing your work?"

"Catherine, I'm not asking you again."

She slipped off of my desk and into my lap, her drawn out blinks not catching me off guard as I knew she wanted them to.

"Santiago," she whispered, "you're not good at acting like things don't bother you."

"Well you don't bother me, so," I whispered, moving her out of the way so I could look at my papers.

I felt her stand up, so I readjusted myself in my chair. I heard a zipper being unzipped and before I knew it, her skirt was on the floor.

"I didn't wear this for nothing," she said, slinging her leg over my own.

She sat down on my lap, her lips brushing against my neck. "Come on, Santiago, I know you've been waiting to put all of that to use."

I just sighed and placed my pen back down on my desk, flexing my jaw muscle. "You know what, Catherine, you're right. Stand up for me?"

She grinned down at me and I stood up, grabbing my briefcase. I threw all of my papers inside and threw it in my chair, picking her skirt up from the floor.

"Put this back on before you lock up," I whispered, grabbing my briefcase before walking out of my office.

~*~

hi guys! I hope u enjoyed this chapter ahaha. I rlly liked writing it. :)

i know I've been on an updating spree and honestly wattpad has been ticking me tf off bc I am on a writing kick and can't publish bc NOTIFS ARE DELAYED 😩

anyways. I really hope u guys enjoyed this chapter!! are you guys still suspicious of Derek?

and are we turned on by daddy's reaction to Catherine throwing herself all over him bc I was idk why ok sis