F O R T Y - E I G H T

| okay this was really hard to write. I really tried. I loved the idea and I wish I could've done more. I really hope you like it, though. Requested by KatieTheMuffin |

Finn POV

It's been about two months since I've relocated to y/h/s.

There's a girl that lives in a small house behind mine. Our brown, tall gates are the only thing that separates us. Her house is surrounded by beautiful flowers and large trees.

For the past two months I've noticed that she only comes out on cloudy days. When she does she walks to a place in the same direction and then when she returns she goes in through the back of her house, carrying two bags.

The girl was gorgeous. I'd see her around school sometimes and she seemed very quiet. She had deep, y/e/c eyes and silky y/h/c hair.

Today it was raining and she was just coming back from wherever she went.

I've really been meaning to introduce myself, but I never thought she would be interested in knowing me. Today however, without thinking twice, I dashed outside to follow her.

She was opening the gate to her backyard. I caught a glimpse of tall grass and a small water fountain.

I walk over to her house and gently opened the gate. Hopefully, she won't think I'm some kind of weirdo.

I walk into her backyard, expecting to see her standing somewhere around, but she wasn't anywhere.

I look around her backyard. There were flowers, crops, a small table, and a small pond.

It looked like a scene in a movie. There were small signs labeling what each plant was. There were also koi fish in the pond. It was beautiful.

I kneel down at the pond and examine the fish. The sound of someone clearing their throat makes me jump and I quickly stand up.

The girl was standing with her arms crossed and eyebrows raised.

"Uh, H-hi," I stutter. She was even more gorgeous up close.

"Hi?" She smiled, "what're you doing?"

"Um, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to just barge in. I saw you walking back and I decided to introduce myself. My name's, Finn. I live right over there," I say, pointing to my house.

"Yeah, I know. Well, I mean I knew you lived over there. I see  you by your window whenever I walk back," she chuckles, "I'm Y/n."

Y/n, even her name was beautiful.

"You don't think I'm like some kind of stalker right? Because I'm not," I reassured her.

"No, not at all," she laughed.

"This is beautiful, all this. Do you garden?" I ask, motioning to the plants.

She blushes, "Yeah, it's my 'secret garden' no one really knows about except I guess you now." She shrugs.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"No, it's fine! You seem really cool."

"You're really pretty," I whisper. Oh my god I'm such a freaking weirdo, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that, it's just true, you are. You probably think I'm weird now. I'm sorry," I ramble.

Her eyes widen and then a wide smile spreads across her face.

"You're sweet," she smiles.

"Your garden is fascinating. You should open a flower shop when you're older because you really know what you're doing. I've never seen anything like this," I say, looking around in awe.

"Thank you, really. I like doing this for myself, though. It's where I come when I need a break from life, you know?" She smiles, softly.

"Yeah, I get that. I listen to music when I need a break," I nod.

We talk for a few more minutes. She tells me about a small gardening shop she goes too. She tells me about what she does at school. Some of her friends. I tell her about how I just moved here and what I like to do. We had a lot in common.

"Well, Finn. It was really nice talking to you, I have to go, but we should definitely talk again, yeah?" She says.

"Yeah, for sure. Sorry again," I apologise for like the hundredth time.

"Bye, Finn." She chuckles.

I wave, walking out of her gate and pulling it closed.

-

We do talk again, we talk at school, we text, we go on walks together.

She even teaches me how to garden a little.