Howling

There is a big chance that this is not paranormal, but it doesn't seem to make sense to me, and this seems odd for a dog to do it there.

Yeah, some dogs howl. And my dog has started to do it when he misses us. A few days ago, we had to go our somewhere, and as we went into the car, we heard the dog crying near the door. He has gotten separation anxiety since my dad died, hence why he is crying and howling when we leave.

Anyways, we forgot something from inside and I was asked to grab it. I walked through the side door to hear the dog howling. Normally when dogs howl when they miss their owner, they would howl at the front foor or the door they left from, right? Nope, I guess not. My dog wasn't even on the first floor to begin with, much less near a doowway. He was farther away. I first thought, okay, so maybe he's howling at a window that faces the car? Again, no.

He didn't hear me when I walked through the door and even up the stairs. He's almost 13, so I guess his hearing isn't as good. But.. as I walked down the hallway to see what he was howling at, he soon stopped and came out of my room. Again, my room is facing the yard, so it doesn't even face the car. I found that odd, because he usually howls downstairs.

The dog howling for his owner in a room like that, doesn't really make sense. What makes this even more odd to me is that I am positive he was howling at my window.

And he doesn't really like to sleep in my room anymore and I have caught him howling in my room a second time too a day or so later.