Chapter 1

So. I’m probably deleting Too Late For Love. It isn’t doing well at all. I’ve also really got no plan for it, so it’s probably best I drop that and start this. I feel like I’ve seen stories like this, but mine is different. It’s kind of the typical story I guess though. I like it a lot though. Don’t assume too much though, because I myself don’t want this to be as typical as it already is. I like to add my own unique twist and quirk to my stories. So I’m finishing my favorite fan fic so far on the 2 year mark of the boys. Couldn’t have timed it more perfect (: 3:20 is when chapter 20, the last chapter, of The Heart Healer will be posted, so keep a lookout! Very excited for this story, hope you all are too! Xx.

I walked into the school and immediately huffed a sigh. I saw the poster hanging on the white wall mocking me. I closed my eyes and continued down the crowded halls.

“Marissa!” I heard someone shrieking. It was seven in the morning, and I only knew one person who was that awake that early. I sharply turned my head as I reached my locker to seeBethanyrunning at me full speed. I took a deep breath, bracing myself for what she was about to tell me. I pressed my back up against my locker as she reached me. I couldn’t help but laugh at her; her red, curly hair was everywhere, while she smiled widely at me with her big blue eyes.

“Did you see?” she exasperated as she unfolded the crinkled photo in front of my face. I stared at it and read the writing along it: One Direction is coming to do a signing and perform at Lakewood High School on the last day of school, June 12, 2012! Have the pass from your advisory teacher to get in!

“Why are you so obsessed with them? Their music sucks, and they aren’t as attractive as everyone makes them out to be,” I groaned as I ripped another poster from the front of my locker.Bethanysighed leaning on the locker next to mine and giving me a death glare.

“They never did anything to make you hate them Marissa. I can understand you not liking their music, you have weird taste, but why hate them?” she asked getting very defensive. I shrugged grabbing my books.

“I just don’t like them Beth, and everyone’s entitled their own opinions. They’re cocky and think that everyone likes them, well they thought wrong,” I spoke poking her nose before hearing the five minute bell ring.

“I’ll see you at lunchBethany, don’t be too upset with me,” I winked as I climbed the stairs to my first class.

********************

“So here are your passes to the One Direction signing and concert, don’t lose these because I can't give out extras,” my teacher spoke cheerily as we exited the classroom. I grabbed mine and shoved it into my back pocket. I had two weeks until they came, and it was going to be the hardest two weeks of my life. I made my way into the lunch room whereBethanywas waving at me excitedly. I made my way over to the table and saw they had magazines, scissors, and glue everywhere.

“What in the world is this?” I asked staring down at a few of my fellow senior friends. It was so not right for them to be this obsessed at this age.

“We’re making scrapbooks to give them!”Bethanysquealed handing me some scissors.

“Oh no Beth, I'm not helping you right now, food comes first,” I sighed trying to squeeze my tray of food in on the table.

“That sounds like something Niall would say!” one of the girls squealed which just made more girls erupt into squeals. I sighed as I started digging into my food. After I finishedBethanylooked at me uneasily.

“Fine! I’ll help you, but only because you’re my best friend and I hate seeing you so mad at me,” I groaned grabbing a pair of scissors. She wrapped her hands covered in glue around my neck and I squirmed out of her grasp.

“Thank you Marissa!” she shouted as she skipped off to the other end of the table. I started to cut out pictures of the boy band. I didn’t see the big hype. They were just a band that was popular for now, and within a month or so, they’d die down again.

“So who do you think is the cutest Mars? I know you hate them and all, but you’ve got to think one of them is cute!” one of my friends sitting next to me asked as I cut out a picture of the blond boy. I looked at her and shrugged.

“Do I have to choose?” I asked pretending to fangirl over them. She laughed quietly before nodding.

“ If my life depended on it and I had to choose which boy I think is the cutest, I guess I’d pick this kid,” I replied holding up the blond boy. All the girls around me squealed excitedly and I rolled my eyes with a small smile.

“You guys are crazy,” I replied as the lunch bell rang. I quickly helped them clean up before heading off to finish the day.

*********************

“Marissa please?”Bethanybegged as I drove her home. I sighed as I quickly turned to go to the store. She clapped happily.

“You do realize you’re a senior right?” I asked looking at her with a smirk. She shoved me lightly as I turned into the CVS parking lot.

“I’ll be really quick!” she exclaimed hopping out of my car. I didn’t get why she never drove to school. I sat back looking out the window as “One Thing” burst through my speakers. I moaned as I changed the station.Bethanyran out with wide eyes motioning to me to turn it back on. I sighed as she climbed in and changed it back. She smiled at me as she set her bag on her lap.

“Bethany! How many magazines did you buy?” I asked staring at the huge pile in the bag. She shrugged as I drove off in annoyance to her house.

“Thanks Mars, I owe you!” she blew me a kiss as she ran into her house. Thank GodBethanywas finally going to meet them. Maybe after that, I’d finally have peace and quiet.