Chapter 10

So I just quickly finished chapter 10! Woohoo! I'm probably going to be on my computer ALL DAY so please feel free to message or chat me! I love talking to all you guys! You all are super nice and have really good stories yourselves! So road cycling is still going on! Serena Williams just brought home some wins in tennis too! I'm like overly obsessed. Can't you tell? I'm watching it all day. I'll be in my Soffees, my sleep shirt, and my british socks all day. It's so worth it. I'll probably do some weird bun in my hair too. Maybe I'll take my laptop outside and watch the Olympics out in the nature haha (: Okay, he we go. Not sure how many more chapters this is going to have. Probably 3-5 more. It's one of my shorter stories, and it really isn't too popular as of right now. Hopefully that will be changing soon! Oh, and sorry this chapters short as well. I figured I'll just put up a lot of small chapters today so it'll all eve out you know? xx.

****Niall’s POV****

She didn’t look good. She looked bad, in fact, almost sickly. I immediately got out of the car and placed my hands firmly around her upper arms.

“Let me take you home,” I whispered, as she squirmed out of my grasp. She violently shook her head as she reached for the door handle. I took her hand and she ripped it away.

“Just go home! Don’t you get it? I don’t like you, and I’m sorry if it seemed like I did last night. I was really drunk and thought you were someone else,” she growled at me. I knew she was lying, but I wasn’t going to be the one to call her out on it.

“Why can't you just tell me what you want to tell me?” I blurted, finally at my wits end. She opened her mouth to reply, but the she looked surprised. She closed her mouth and lowered her finger. Her eyes softened and she leaned against the car.

“I don’t want or need to tell you anything,” she replied softly reaching once again for the door handle. I shook my head as I grabbed her hand again. This time she didn’t fight my touch.

“Please, let me take you home, you’re in no condition to be driving,” I whispered letting my thumb ever so gently glide on top of her hand’s smooth skin. She wasn’t looking at me, but she finally nodded. I let go of her hand and she went over and got in the passenger’s seat. I started her car and started back to her house. It was creepy how I knew exactly how to get there fromBethany’s house, and it was even creepier that I’d known how to get toBethany’s.

“Are you okay?” I asked quietly as we got closer to her house. She shrugged not turning her attention from the road ahead. I sighed wishing she’d open up to me. I parked in her driveway, but locked the car doors. She looked at me like I was crazy.

“I just want you to tell me,” I whispered reaching out to touch her cheek. She turned her head right before I touched and she shook her head grabbing her car keys, and unlocking the doors.

“No, just stop, it isn’t going to work out,” she replied running inside. I got out of her car and just stood there staring at the house. What wasn’t going to work out? I was sick of chasing her. I barged in her home once again, and marched up the stairs as her family starred with wide eyes. I opened Marissa’s door and she just starred at me mortified.

“Why are you in here!” she shouted immediately closing her door. I took her arms and sat her on her bed.

“Tell me,” I exasperated as I searched her eyes. She shook her head as I squished my eyes closed tightly.

“Please Marissa,” I whispered and she sighed loudly.

“Fine, you want me to tell you? I pretended to hate you so you wouldn’t want to get close to me,” she groaned as she covered her face with her hands. I sat there confused, and stunned by the words spoken by Marissa.

“Why don’t you want me to get close to you?” I asked and she uncovered her face to look at me.

“You wouldn’t understand okay? Look…I’ve already told you more than I’ve ever wanted to, so can you just leave me alone?” she asked standing up and pacing the room. I sighed and grasped onto her wrist. She stopped pacing and stared at me.

“You can tell me anything Marissa, I’ll understand. Trust me, I’m sure I’ve heard worse or weirder things,” I whispered and she pulled her arm away. She crossed her arms and stared me down like a hawk. She frowned for a moment and fixed some of my hair. My immediately reaction was to pull away, but I didn’t. I let her fix it.

“Why did you pretend to hate me?” I urged quietly and she shook her head.

“I’m not ready to tell you yet, it’s going to take time before I can ever tell you why,” she replied softly and I saw her eyes smiling softly.

“What will it take for you to be able to tell me?” I asked as she backed up to stare me down again. She was so pretty just standing there, dazed in thought.

“I guess I have to see if I can get close to you, and see if you’re an enjoyable person to be around,” she smirked as a smile danced at the corners of her mouth. Was she giving me a chance? Was she actually going to let me get close to her now?

“Well, how about you get cleaned up first, then we can go out and have some fun,” I winked with a small smile. She gave me a brief smile before grabbing some clothes and heading into her bathroom. I let out a breath as soon as she left. The boys weren’t going to be happy. They weren’t going to be happy at all.