Chapter 8

HELLO (: Okay, this chapter is really short and it might not make any sense at all because I'm watching the Olympics and it's like. AMAZING! IT'S SO AWESOME! I'M IN LOVE RIGHT NOW AND I CAN NOT WAIT UNTIL THE CLOSING CEREMONY! WOOHOO! They are about to light the torch right now! GAH. I'M SO EXCITED. SOOOOOOOOOOO EXICTED. Sorry for being weird. :DDDD. Okay, I'm just going to post the chapter now. Enjoy children xx.

****Marissa’s POV****

I laid back inBethany’s bed as I watched the movie and ate out of the tub of ice cream.

“You’re going to get fat,”Bethanyjoked as she walked in turning on the lights. I moaned and pulled the blanket over my head.

“Turn them off!” I moaned as I felt the warm blanket ripped off my head.

“Come on, we’re going out,” she demanded, ripping the tub of ice cream out of my arms. I frowned at her as she pulled me out of the bed.

“Where are we going?” I asked as she started to run a brush through my hair.

“Out,” she replied hardly fazed as she continued to brush. I groaned as she started to curl in gently.

“Bethanyyou tell me where we’re going or I will-“ I started, but she interrupted me as she began to apply some makeup to my face.

“You’ll what? Leave?” she asked with a chuckle and I sighed knowing she was right. I reluctantly let her finish me up and pull out an outfit from the closet.

“That? Where are we going? To be strippers?” I snickered and she eyed me. She rolled her eyes and she shoved me into the bathroom to change.

****Niall’s POV****

“Come on, it’ll take you mind off of everything,” Louis grinned as he checked himself out in the mirror. I sighed running a hand through my messy hair.

“I don’t think it’ll take my mind off of anything,” I moaned as he threw me a white shirt and some jeans.

“Just get dressed, it’ll be fun,” Louis replied, clearly annoyed with me. I sighed and reluctantly got dressed. I came out and Louis smiled.

“The ladies won’t be able to keep their hands off of you! I’m sure you’ll find a lovely lady,” Louis spoke optimistically as he skipped out the door. I trudged along behind him and got in the car. We drove a ways from the hotel to a very bright, and loud club. I got out with a sigh. Louis patted my back as we entered.

“Come on, let’s get a drink,” Louis spoke tilting his head towards the bar. I nodded and followed him over. I looked over as I waited for my drink, and saw a beautiful girl standing off to the side looking almost lonely amongst the swarm of people around her. I snuck away from Lou and walked over to the girl.

“Want to go out and dance?” I asked sliding up beside her.

“Uhm…sure,” she spoke as she looked up. I think it was safe to say we both were stunned.

“Oh…Marissa,” I spoke softly and she looked away. She started to walk away, but I grabbed her wrist. She spun around with that fiery look in her eyes.

“Come on, let’s dance. It’ll be fun,” I urged and I heard her sigh angrily.

“Why in the world would I want to dance with you?” she hissed and I shrugged.

“So I can tell you how sorry I am,” I replied tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. She pulled away hastily and shook her head. I reached out to take her hand, but someone else ripped her away and into the swarm. I heard her yelling and I felt my heart quickening.

“LET ME GO!” I heard her shrieking and I started pushing my way through the crowd. I could hear her yells faintly and I tried to follow them. I saw a guy trying to dance with her, but she was struggling against him. I grabbed her wrist and she looked at me.

“Let her go,” I demanded and the man snickered as he eyed me. Marissa was looking at me, and she had a new look in her eyes. It was a look of desperation.

“Let her go,” I spoke once more and the man pelted me in the face. I clutched my face as it began to sting.

“Niall!” I heard Marissa shriek. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked up to see Marissa holding my arm.

“I’m fine,” I whispered and she shook her head. She helped me up and took me outside. I looked at her confused. She was helping me?

“I’m okay Marissa, go on,” I spoke brushing her off. She looked hurt for some reason, but nodded as she slowly went back inside. I smacked my palm to my forehead. She was giving me a chance and I’d just pushed her away. I ran back inside, but all I saw were lights and people everywhere. I sawBethany’s red hair and Marissa by her looking torn. I pushed through and got to her.

“Dance with me,” I exasperated and she stared at me.Bethanysquealed and pushed her into my arms. She slowly brought her eyes up and I smiled down at her. She seemed hesitant, so I did what any normal person would do; I started dancing like a freak. I saw a small smile cross her mouth. She started to loosen up and dance a bit, but not before girls started to recognize me.

“NIALL HORAN?!” I heard girls erupt. Marissa smiled and pulled my head over.

“I should go,” she whispered in my ear. She pulled away to look at me. It was the first time I didn’t see hate in her eyes. I felt my heart quickening as she neared me. Our lips almost met, but I felt myself get tugged away. I just stared at her as she became farther and farther from me. Just my damn luck.