Chapter 4

So yay! The Heart Healer is doing fantastic! Couldn't be happier, but what about this fic?Is it good? Do you like it? If it makes you feel better, things are picking up in this chapter! The boys will finally all be here as the girls go to the signing  and concert! Woot woot! So guys, I tried to have a lucid dream last night, but then I got too freaked out to try it. I think I'll try it again tonight and see what happens, but I'm scared I won't be able to wake myself up if I get freaked out. Luckily, I think it's going to rain today so I'll be able to type a lot today (: I don't know how anyone feels about that, but I might put up an epilogue today, but Idk...I like having even chapters, or symbolism beyond the number of chapters, plus I have no idea for an epilogue! Hmm...I'm very crossed about this. Okay. Enough chitter chatter. xx.

Bethany was frantically running around her room as I sat just watching her freak out. She was digging through her closet, her makeup, her floor, and her bathroom.

"Do I look okay?" she asked with frantic written all over her words. I chuckled as I stood up pulling on my skirt she'd forced me into. 

"Damn! You look so much better than me!" she shouted pulling a hair out from behind my ear. 

"Not like it matters though right? I don't want any of them," I joked as she fixed up her makeup for what had to be the tenth time. 

"Beth, you look amazing, now come on. Do you want to have quality time with them or not?" I snapped and she literally ran over me. I shook my head. I'd bee glad whe the day was over. 

"Bethany!" I shouted chasing her down the stairs. She was talking quickly to her mom as she began to eat some eggs.

"Forgetting something?" I asked holding up the scrapbook. Her eyes widened as she waved for me to bring it over. I set it next to her and just watched her. She was definitely going to be more than a handful. 

"Okay! COME ON!" Beth urged as she yanked my arm and dragged me out of the house. 

"Beth, we aren't supposed to be there for another hour," I said as I hesitantly started the car. She was getting aggravated and I could tell.

"Okay...let's go," I replied quickly before she got really upset at me. I drove down a few blocks and it was quiet around the school except for a few other seniors out by the front. The rest of the school, well they were in school taking their last exams. 

"Oh God, look," Beth hypervenilated as she pointed to the big, black van near the back of th school. I frowned at her.

"What about it?" I asked and then I realized how stupid I was to have asked that. She closed her eyes and started to do her breathing ritual she made up in case she got too overwhelmed.

"Okay, sorry, calm down," I spoke gently touching her shoulder. 

"Hey, look," I spoke quietly as I pointed at two boys going from the van and walking towards the side door into the school. Beth grabbed my hand and I swear she cut off my circulation. I saw her face turning purple and I nudged her.

"Hey! Breathe!" I shouted and she let out a huge breath and started to fan herself. I shook my head and sighed. Why in the world had I agreed to this? 

"Come on, let's get out and go to the front of the school," she begged and I grinned at her.

"Or you could accidently go through the side door," I spoke and she looked nervous. She always had been the goody goody. 

"You want to meet them, and you will for like three seconds at a signing, but just think...if you bumped into them, you could get extra time," I wiggled my eyebrows and she closed her eyes with a nod.

"Go on then," I said turning off the car. She stared at me and I frowned.

"You're coming too!" she yelled and I sighed. I got out of the car and she looked at me.

"Oh come on you wuss," I said as I grabbed her arm and swiftly walked to the side door. We walked in and sure enough, there stood the five boys just observing the school. They looked over as the door opened and I heard Beth gasp as she leaned against me. 

"Sorry girls, but no one is allowed in here yet," a security guard spoke and I figured I was going to have to do all the explaining.

"Oh sorry sir, we didn't know they were in here. Beth here is just a HUGE fan and wanted to get here first," I spoke faking my sweet smile. The security guard looked far from impressed. 

"Hey, you know what it's fine! Let them stay, they aren't bothering us," one of the boys from behind spoke. The guard hesitated, but moved off to the side. The boys walked over and I just stared at them. I still didn't udnerstand all the hype. They looked like five average boys to me! 

"My friend here loves you guys," I spoke nudging her. She nodded thrusting the scrapbook into their arms. The boys seemed to frown, but then their faces lit up. 

"Oh this is absolutely amazing! You made this?" the boy with brown eyes and short brown hair spoke. His named started with an L...oh yeah. Liam. 

"Y-yes," Beth finally managed to speak english to them. 

"Thank you so much! What's your name?" Liam asked pulling her into a gentle hug. I bit my lip hoping she would still be alive after this. 

"Bethany...but please call me Beth," she gasped and I couldn't help, but laugh. The boys looked over at me and I saw the blond boy taking notes of me.

"What's your name?" the curly haired boy, Harry, I saw at the supermarket asked with a wink. It took all my strength for me to not roll my eyes and walk away.

"Marissa," I replied simply and he smiled. 

"Excuse me while I use the restroom," I spoke shoving past all of them quickly. I made my way down the empty hall to the bathroom and just stood in there. I left after a couple of minutes, hoping I could keep my cool. Beth was sitting with them on personal couch they'd brought. I rolled my eyes. The nerve of them to bring a couch! What's wrong with the cafeteria chairs? I could tell she was overjoyed, and I didn't want to ruin it.

"Beth? I have to get something out of the car okay?" I spoke quietly as I headed for the door.

"Do you need any help?" I heard an Irish accent ring out. I turned around trying to figure which boy said it. The blond boy was smiling and I shooky my head with a bored expression.

"No, I'm fine," I snapped before walking out. 

********************

Beth grinned at me as we neared the front of the line.

"Why didn't you just have them sign everything earlier?" I asked seeing we were next.

"That's ruin this moment!" she squealed as she raced over to hug them again. I followed behind and the boys gave me an uneasy look.

"Do you want me to sign a picture for you?" the blond asked with a grin and I shook my head.

"Do you want a picture with us then?" he asked seeing him staring at me. 

"Why are you staring at me? I already said no," I spoke quickly. He looked taken back and as a frown crossed his face for a moment. The other boys watched as I just walked through without saying a word to them. I also saw girls staring at me, or glaring either way they didn't like me. 

"What are you all staring at? I'm just not a fan okay? I came with Beth because she's my friend! Get over it!" I snapped loud enough for everyone to hear. Beth looked appalled as she pulled me to the side.

"MARISSA!" she hissed and I moaned.

"Can we please go home until the concert? I hate this," I begged and she looked hurt.

"Why would you do that? That was so rude," she spoke looking embarrassed. 

"Okay, I'm sorry. I just got to my breaking point. I really am sorry," I whispered. She shrugged as she headed out of the school to my car. I'd been stupid. I might've just ruined everything I'd ever had with my best friend because I couldn't keep my cool, but I felt on edge when I was near the boys...I felt like I wanted them to notice me, but why? I hated them.