8.

"Fuck you doin here?" Von asked, lookin at Sonnie's girl as she sat down on the couch.

"Come holla at me." I told Duke, walkin outside. He walked out behind me. I stood across from him with my hands behind my back, waitin for him to speak up.

Out of everything Duke done did, this gotta be the dumbest shit off top. How da fuck you get yourself mixed up in a kidnappin' situation? Nigga don't een belong in dis type of shit.

"I know dis shit look bad bu-" He started.

"But what, nigga? These niggas not fina play wit you, they find out you had any part in dis. You got us in a fucked up situation, my nigga. You can't never just listen when a nigga tryna have you get off da hot shit. Fuck be runnin' through that thick ass skull?" I said, flickin' him in his head.

I wasn't 'een trynna be mad at dis nigga forreal. It just be frustrating when you know somebody smart and can do better than da dumb shit they constantly choose to do.

"I understand you hot right now, but tighten up. You know I'on take too kindly of niggas doin all da extra." Duke said.

I been around dis nigga long enough to know how he is. Duke a hot headed ass impulsive nigga, but the one nigga who was never worried is me. He ain't on shit.

You can't be mad because you out here doin' dumb shit, dawg. Dat ain't how dis life shit work. This one mistake could easily end up wit him gettin zipped up in a body bag. It's dat serious.

What Duke ass not understandin' is i'm da one gotta get him out this situation—not nobody else. I'm the nigga dats fina' have to tell Dexter and HaKeem dat one of my guys had somethin' to do wit their sister gettin snatched.

Don't get me wrong—a nigga ain't sweatin shit cause we can all get into it. It ain't shit to me. I just know how sweet everything would be if we was all on the same shit and it would be a dumb move to fuck dat opportunity up.

"Fuck you on then, nigga?" I asked as I pulled my pants up.

"Fuck y'all niggas out here doin?" Von asked, walking outside.

I looked Duke up and down one last time before attemptin to walk away. Von stopped me.

"Dawg, get da fuck on, Von." I said, pushin' his arm off my chest.

Here dis nigga go tryna be Captain America and shit. None of dis shit matter because niggas know Duke lil ass dead wrong for this lil shenanigan. It wasn't no if, ands, or buts about the situation.

"You niggas wana fight, ain't shit but space and opportunity right here," Von said as I began lookin' at him sideways.

"Exactly. You niggas goofy. Ain't nobody really tryna knuckle up so ain't no point in dis shit. Duke, yo lil ass always in some shit, now look what you up against. Some real ass killas. Two niggas dat will murk yo entire fuckin' family just to get to you. B, you can't just go around puttin' yo nasty ass hands on niggas. If another nigga walked up to you, flickin you and shit dat's automatic disrespect, on what?"

"I'on give a fuck about none of dis shit." Duke said.

"I know you don't, crumb. I should go tell yo mama." I joked.

"Move around, Bry. You cold." Duke pushed me.

"I'an tryna be. I just need you to understand da severity of da situation you put yo'self in, my dawg. I need you to think everything through before you do shit, you heard? I'm only hard on you cause I got love for you." I said, goin to sit on da porch stairs.

Me and Duke the most bipolar niggas on planet Earth but dat's how it be when you care about somebody. This my lil homie and behind him, I'm on pure dirt. Behind dis lil nigga, I'm gettin' into it wit anybody, and that's on God himself.

Duke reminds me of myself when I was around his age. I wasn't tryna hear nothin' anybody was throwing my way. I did shit accordin' to how I wanted shit to play out and dat's just what it was. That's the exact shit my lil nigga be on.

"I know and I appreciate you. Look, I apologize if I ain't grow up to be da nigga you wanted me to be and shit." Duke told me as he sat down on a step next to me.

"Don't ever think for a minute dat you disappointin' me. You made a mistake—you know how many mistakes I done made throughout my lifetime, Duke? You acknowledgin' the fact that you made a mistake and from da looks of it, you wana fix shit. Dat's all that matters to a nigga. I know me being on yo back all the time gets agitatin' but I wish I had somebody on me back when I was doin' all my dirt. I ain't God doe, so I ain't got the right to judge you or nobody else. All I can do is offer you advice and give unwanted opinions every now and den." I said.

"Heard you. 'Preciate you, bro. It's love until I can't give it out nomo." Duke stood up, slappin' hands wit me.

"Y'all gotta hug dis shit out. Fuck it." Von said.

"Gone somewhere, bitch." I jumped at Von before Duke pulled me into a hug.

I smiled. Duke's tough ass can't express his feelings or thoughts for shit. Dat on top of him never wantin' to express himself. So dat lil hug probably was just that to anybody else—but I know that shit was him showing his gratitude.

"I love dis shit. But aight, we gone fix dis shit fasho. Stay low, dawg." Von told Duke as they slapped hands.

India came out the house, lookin' for Duke, I assume. She know her ass bout ready to pop. I shook my head. Shorty don't deserve dis shit—this ain't 'een her fight if I'm keepin' it a brick. But every street nigga know family gets involved wit all da street shit, once you step in it.

"Aight, India. Stay smiled up, hydrated, and hopeful. You fina be back wit yo goons real soon. Sit tight." I said before getting in the car.

Von pulled off and we immediately looked at each other.

"Nigga.." We both trailed off.