15.

KIMBERLY.

I stepped out of Bryson's car, as he opened and closed the door for me. I began walking towards the main entrance of the mall, stopping in my tracks when I locked eyes with a familiar face.

I turned around and was about to start back walking towards the car when Bryson grabbed my arm.

"Fuck you runnin for?" Bryson asked me as Meq approached us.

"I'm not running from shit, nigga! Let's start there." I said, snatching my arm away from him. To say I was now annoyed would be the understatement of the day.

"Why you wit this nigga?" Was the first thing Meq opened his mouth to say.

"Listen, Meq. I'm done, alright? I put up wit your shit for long enough. After everything we've been through, nigga. You go and have a baby on me, like it ain't shit? Like I ain't shit!" I began yelling as I tried to push Bryson out of my way, so that I could get to Meq's ass.

A woman walked out of the mall and up to Meq. My eyes immediately dropped from her bruised pretty face, down to her huge belly. She pushed and smacked Meq at the same time, looking at the scene in front of her.

"I'm in here shopping for my daughter and this is what you're out here doing?" She asked him. Meq opened his mouth, i'm guessing to explain himself, but she held her hand up and turned to me.

"Look. I apologize for the way things turned out. On my mother, when Meq and I first hooked up, I knew nothing about a relationship. If I did, I wouldn't have involved myself," The girl turned and looked at Meq with a disgusted look on her face.

She turned back to me. "After I found out about you, I left this nigga. It's been months since then and the only reason we're even out now is because he called, talking about how he wanted to be in my child's life. But after today? I don't even know anymore. I can't have my child around a man who thinks it's ok to go around hurting women. I mean, they say women grow up looking for their father in men. You think i'm going to voluntarily allow my daughter to go out and look for you in another nigga? You're sick. I'll have my lawyer contact you but other than that, all communication ends here. Again, I apologize to you and I genuinely hope there's no hard feelings. If I could wish this all away, I would." And with that, she walked away.

I looked at Meq and tried to run towards him but again, I was stopped by Bryson. Meq took that as an opportunity to walk away with his head low.

"Get off of me!" I yelled at Bryson as he let me go. Now infuriated, I turned around and pushed him.

"You gone keep yo damn hands off me." Bryson told me.

"I hate you! I wish you would stay the fuck out of my life!" I yelled at Bryson.

He made a face as he nodded his head before speaking. "I'm fina drop you off at da crib."

And with that, he began walking to his car. I looked around and sighed before following after him.

__
BRYSON.

I parked in front of Kimberly's flat, waitin for her to get out my shit so I could go smoke and then chop it up. I ain't really da type of nigga to do all the extra. You only got one time to show me how you really comin.

"You fina get out or what?" I asked her.

"Don't disrespect me, Bryson." Kim calmly told me.

"I'on mean no disrespect. I'm just tryna see what you fina do so I can dip." I said.

I was tellin the truth. I ain't ever disrespect Kimberly and a nigga ain't gone start now. All I'm tryna do is get outta sight. I'an really wit dis shit.