18.

BRYSON.

"You like my gangsta doe." Kimberly said, smilin at me as a waitress came over to our booth.

"Hi. My name's Tasha and i'll be taking care of you two today. Let's start off with drinks, if that's ok." Tasha said.

"I'll have a lemonade with just a lil bit of sprite mixed in it." Kim ordered. After I ordered, the waitress walked away from da table.

"I'an gone lie. I do a lil bit. You know how to tone dat hood shit down. On top of dat, you a lil teddy." I told her.

"Whatever." She waved me off, smilin in the process.

Our waitress brought our drinks out and then took our orders. I looked down at my ringin phone, seein it was Von calling. I looked over at Kim, knowin' she don't like me bein on my phone when we kickin it. Vice versa.

"Hannin?" I answered da phone anyway. Wit everything that's goin on, I can't afford to be missin' calls from my niggas.

"Word round, niggas got eyes on da prize. What you on?" Von asked.

Kimberly hesitated to eat her food, which let me know she was listenin. I got up and walked outside.

"Handle dat. I'ma be on my way in a hot ass second," I hung up the phone and walked back inside the restaurant. I sat back in da booth and looked at Kimberly.

"Aye, I—"

"Go handle your business." Kimberly said, not een lookin' up at a nigga.

"You gone stay here? I'a be back ina minute, i'm just fina' make dis quick lil run." I told her.

"I'll stay." Kim finally looked up as I was getting out of the booth.

"Aight," I took round $500 out of my pocket and gave it to her. Just in case she wana' get some other shit, or occupy herself until I get back.

I walked out of the restaurant and hopped in da car, callin' Von as I started it up. "You got dat?" I asked him as soon as the phone connected.

"You know I get shit done, lil ass nigga. B1 doe." Von said, lettin me know where they was at.

"Aight. Good looks." I said.

B1 just an abbreviation for buildin 1, which is code for our main warehouse. Dat's the one place dat niggas come in and don't leave out of. Everybody round da way know if you go in dat mufucka cause you done did some shit, you takin yo last breath in it.

I pulled up to da location and got out. I texted Von to let him know I was outside and by time I got to the front door, he was walkin out to greet me.

"Nigga won't say shit. I been down there tryna' see what's what." Von said as we slapped hands.

"Fuck you was doin' down there? Why you ain't have somebody else handle dat?" I asked him.

Von know how dis shit go. Never show yo face to these niggas, especially in dis case. I ain't sayin' put another nigga's life ona spot but shit. If it comes down to it, Von won't ever get touched and that's on everything. I make sure all my lil niggas cover their face doe.

"You know I'a never send a nigga in my place, we only doin face to face. I ain't fina front my shit. I done watched da lil nigga Duke grow up and dis his third time gettin' hit. It's wraps." Von told me.

I looked at Von. Dis nigga a fuckin hot head. I ain't dealin wit the shit today. I'on een know what we fina do with this nigga Ale. I know Duke ass probably want him gone, so why am I hesitatin?

I always been an act now, think later type of nigga. I shook my head as Von sized me up. Here dis nigga go.

"What you on?" I asked him.

"Naw, nigga. Da fuck you on? You hesitatin' like if we let dis nigga go, he ain't fina try to finish what he started." Von said.

"Fuck it. Where he at?" I asked Von.

——
KIMBERLY.

I looked at the time before I rolled my eyes and called for a check. It's been three hours since Bryson left, making it now 11pm. I got up from the table and began walking out of the restaurant, just as I saw Bryson's car pulling up.

He jumped out of his car and ran over to me. "Where you fina go?" He asked me, noticing I now had my gear on. He looked down at me as I looked at him.

"I'm goin' home." I said kind of in disbelief. I can't believe he's acting clueless.

"Aye, look. My fault. I lost track of time," Bryson said, dragging his hand down his face.

Prairie pulled up behind us. Bryson turned around to see who it was and made a face when he saw it was his sister and Jhasi. I began walking to the car before Bryson grabbed me.

"You really fina act like dis?" Bryson asked me. I looked down at his hand, which caused him to let my arm go.

I got in the passenger seat and rolled my eyes when I saw him and Prairie looking at each other, before she raised down my window.

"I'm not actin' like nothing. It's good, i'm good. You left me here for three hours, nigga. I just wana go get in my bed, and relax for the night." I dismissively said.

"Aight." Bryson said, stepping away from the window. Jhasi raised hers down.

"You ain't shit. I should help her bust yo windows, nigga." Jhasi playfully taunted Bryson.

The funny thing is, she's playing but also completely serious. That's what I love about Jhasi. She's the one that's down for whatever, which is why you shouldn't tell her shit about your man unless you on some vengeful shit.

If you feeling good and wana set up a romantic date for yo man, Jhasi will help you. If you heated and wana slice his tired and bust out the windows to his car, Jhasi has the blade and the bat. She's also down with letting you vent and cry about your situation.

Prairie on the other hand, she's all about taking the high road and sitting your man down. She's great on advice and will literally almost never lead you in the wrong direction.

"Gone somewhere, before I call my nigga on yo' lil psycho ass." Bryson called out, as Prairie pulled off.