11.

KIMBERLY.

HaKeem just called last minute saying they got everything figured out and he just needed me to stay put so he could know that i'm somewhere safe. I sighed as I walked into Von's house.

"Change of plans." I said, walking into the kitchen where Von, Duke, and Bryson were sitting.

"We got word." My brother said before I could. I nodded.

"First of all, Duke, if you here then who's with India?" I asked their friend.

I don't even know Duke forreal, he just started coming around. But I do see him with Bryson a lot. So. I don't know.

"She wit Ale. Her brother nem made it clear dat they want shit to continue how it been so da nigga won't get suspicious." Von said. Not that I was asking him.

"You hear dat? Clear instructions. We out of it." Bryson said specifically to me.

"Do y'all think we should just sit back forreal? Maybe we go last minute to make sure everything goes as planned. We still got the paperwork. It's all broken down to the t." I suggested.

Bryson looked over at my brother for a second as I just sat there waiting for an answer. I had a bad feeling about this whole little move but I was most nervous about the day they're actually supposed to be killing this Ale character.

"We do dat." Duke finally spoke up.

"I'on know. Yo ass ain't too good wit decision makin." Bryson said.

I looked up. This nigga is so rude, it's ridiculous. You don't just talk to people like that. But then again, I heard Duke is the one deep in this mystery case. He mysteriously knows Ale, and mysteriously all of a sudden comes out the blue with India.

"Bryson, that was so rude and unnecessary." I still found myself saying out loud.

"He know i'on mean no disrespect by it. Yo recent choices just ain't been logical lately." Bryson told Duke.

"It's a good thing dis my life and a nigga out here livin it how he want to den. Fuck who ain't feelin it." Duke said.

"Tighten up." Bryson dismissively said.

"When dis shit done, you ain't een gotta worry about a nigga nomore. I'm gone off top." Duke said as he got up and nodded my way before walking out of the house.

I looked at Bryson and rolled my eyes as I walked out of the house behind Duke. I'm not really one for trying to embarrass your friends around other people and that's just always how I've been. It doesn't matter who you are, that shit will never be player.

"Duke!" I called out before he could get into his car.

"Hannin?" He asked.

I walked over to his car, standing by the passenger side. "Look. You know like I know dat Bryson loves you like y'all are blood. Ask him, y'all are. It's just he has a hard way of showin it when you out doin off the wall shit like you doing. I'm not saying what he just tried to do is ever acceptable because dats a bully move and I never got along wit bullies. I guess what i'm tryna' get at is don't let his ignorance push you away." I said.

"Ain't too fucked up bout it. Good looks doe, Kim. Preciate it." Duke said before he got in his car and drove off. I sighed as the front door to Von's house opened, causing me to look up.

"What you doin out here?" Bryson asked me as he approached the curb I was standing by.

"You're an asshole." I said, trying to step past him.

"He just goin through it right now, da lil nigga can't shake me don't matter if he try to dip after dis or not. Duke ass hardbody and he need somebody in his life dats gone let him know when he doin the wrong shit. Dis da wrong shit and we all know it is. Nigga just too stubborn to be tryna hear it. He gone get it together doe."