20.

KIMBERLY.

I stood at the kitchen table, leaning against it. I grabbed an already rolled blunt out of my purse and lit it. I watched as everybody did their own thing before I stepped outside.

I leaned over the banister of Von's patio, just appreciating my view. I heard the patio door slide, letting me know somebody would soon be joining me. I looked over at Prairie as she leaned against the banister.

"Can you stop this shit? I love you and our friendship too much to be letting what you got going on with my knucklehead ass brother get in the way of it. Y'all get into it all day but y'all always bounce back. There's a bond there. Where do I come in at? I don't. You're my bestfriend and he's my brother. I shouldn't have to be involved in anything y'all got going on. We're all grown." Prairie said as Bryson joined us, out on the patio.

He looked between us as he sat down in a chair that was pushed up against the house. "She been frontin' her shit, Prairie. First she mad at me, now you done did somethin. Dat shit ain't player, lil baby. We too grown to be pullin' innocent bystanders into our mix. If you rockin like dat, i'm straight off you. On everything." Bryson said, as Prairie excused herself.

"You lame as hell, nut ass nigga." I said, taking a few pulls from my blunt.

"Fuck you think you talkin' to?" He asked me. I looked around.

"We the only two out here." I smartly responded.

Bryson got up and started walking towards me. He stopped right in front of me, barely leaving a distance between us. I looked up at him, unfazed.

"Is dat right?" He asked me.

I took a few more pulls from my blunt before I put it out. It was now nothing more than a roach. I stepped past Bryson and went back into the house.

"Aye, come back out here. Yo ass tweakin." Bryson called out.

I turned around but remained standing where I was. Suddenly, he wants to talk. But I feel like there's nothing to be said. He left me at a restaurant by myself for three hours. This was the plan he set up, and didn't go through with. That shit is lame as hell to me.

"For what?" I asked him.

"Mane, bring yo' lil ass back out here." Bryson said as I turned back around and began walking out of the room.

Bryson caught up with me before I could walk downstairs. I rolled my eyes at the stern look he was now giving me. Basically daring me to take another step, if it wasn't towards the patio. I walked back into the room and stepped out onto the patio, with Bryson close behind.

He pulled a chair out and positioned it directly in front of him, before he sat down. I sat in the chair, staring at him.

"I got shit to do." Was all I said to him.

"Aight, I do too. Da fuck up. You heated and i'm tryna have a whole ass conversation wit you." Bryson said.

"There's no point! It's nothing to chat about. I'on wana hear dat weak shit you tryna spit." I said, getting loud.

"Relax wit all da rowdy shit. You not bein' grown right now, you actin like a kid. Why you tryna shut me up?" He calmly spoke to me.

"Boy, fuck you." I got up from the chair, roughly pushing it back in the process.

"Kimberly, I ain't fina keep askin' you or tellin you to sit down," Bryson said, his tone suggesting that he wasn't playing games with me anymore. I sat back down and just stared at the ground.

"Now, we fina chat bout dis shit dat got you buggin."

"You took me out to a nice ass restaurant, only to leave and be gone for a whole three hours. After you literally promised you'd be back." I said to him.

"I apologize, dats my fault. On everything, i'an plan on bein' gone that long. I was tryna' go handle somethin and niggas lost track of time." Bryson explained himself.

I sighed. I don't know if i'm being stubborn or what, but I just don't wana hear dis shit. I simply wana spark another B, and find me something to snack on. Bryson is blowing me right now.

"I hear you. You could've called or texted me doe. Just to let me know what the situation was. Instead, I just sat there waitin on yo ass, up until it hit 11." I told him.

"I'a get better at dis shit in time. You my goon and I appreciate you waitin' on a nigga, tryna' give me a chance to make it. Dat shit don't go unnoticed," Bryson looked me in my eyes as he spoke. I simply nodded my head.

"You accept a nigga's apology?" He asked me.

"Yes. That shit valid." I told him.

——
BRYSON.

Kimberly lil gangsta ass be blowin' me wit how she talk. Shorty act like she straight up out them trenches or somethin. Dat shit aight until we into it, i'm tryna apologize, and her ass talkin' bout da apology valid.

I looked over at her, pullin' her over to me in da process. "It won't happen again, aight?"

She frowned her face up as she sat on my lap in silence. I sighed. Kim ass ain't nothin' but a big ass baby. I love dat shit doe.

"You'on hear me talkin' to you?" I asked her, as she looked down at me.

"I do." She said.

"Why I ain't hear a response then?" I asked.

"I accept your apology, alright? Don't do that lame ass shit again doe. You had me looking bout stupid as hell in that restaurant, sittin' by myself." Kim said, finally talkin' forreal.

"Fasho. What you got goin' on?" I asked her.

I ain't on shit today, and her ass fina' be leavin' for school ina few weeks. So i'm fina attempt to kick it wit my homie until the day she gotta leave.

"Nothing. I wana go to the mall in a minute doe. Do some school shoppin." She said.

"Aight, dat's the move den."