12.

BRYSON.

I sat on my couch and hit the blunt I had just sparked. I barely be at home but shit, I am today. Probably fuck around and be sleep all day or either go out and make a few bucks later on.

My phone buzzed, indicatin I had an incomin call. It was Von ass.

"Wus good?" I asked as I answered da phone.

"Mane, Kim ass been cooped up ina flat all week. I'm talkin bout not eatin shit, not talkin to nobody, not answerin da phone. I'on know how to deal wit dis shit." Von complained.

"I'on know what help i'ma be but I'm fina slide." I said.

"Aight, fasho." Von said before hangin up da phone.

I unplugged my charger and walked out my house. It's around 6 in da morn and I haven't been to sleep yet. I sighed as I got in my car and drove off.

I was bein a hunnid wit Von. I'on know what help I'm fina be, especially cause I know she gone go runnin back like she in da olympics when her nigga say some weird shit dat sound good. I'm not tryna get too involved in shit dat she don't want me involved in either, to keep it a buck.

Dats all Kimberly ass do, tell me how much I need to stay out her business. I guess it's hard when she walkin around poutin and cryin all damn day. Her brother don't know how to handle it and I damn sho don't know what to do.

I walked into my dawg's flat and nodded when I saw him sittin in da kitchen. I walked into the kitchen and sat down too.

"Wus good wit it?" I asked.

"Dawg, a nigga out tryna maintain and I can't even do dat knowin my lil sister ain't got her dome on straight. How you help Prairie ass out when dat nigga did her bad?" Von asked, bringin my younger sister up in da process.

Just a few months ago her lil nigga had her out cryin and carryin on. Like I told her lil ass, she 18, too damn young to be lettin these niggas step all over her heart. If a nigga can't act right, leave em where they at.

If you can't do dat cause da sex too good, gone yo ass to a store and grab some toys. If a nigga doin you dirty, why you een think he deserve yo body? He out fuckin da next bitch and you stayin cause you don't wana start over and give yo body to da next nigga. How dat sound? Dumb as a bitch.

But at da end of da day, women gone do what they feel is right. The only thing you can do is give em sound advice and hope they take it. You can't force her to get over a nigga, and you can't try to talk her into forgettin about em.

One thing I learned is dat they do it on their own time.

"I made sure I was there every step of da way but I gave her time to get her shit together. I kept tellin her she deserved better at first but I stopped after a while, cause I knew she finally agreed wit da shit a nigga was spittin. I was spendin time wit her a lot too. What, every other night? I'an let her fall off how bad she wanted to." I simply told him.

"Aight. Good looks." Von nodded his head.

I looked at the table, noticin he had plenty shit laid out on it. Mostly groceries. I chuckled, knowin exactly what he was on. Either he fina have her cook or he gone try to cook for her.

Da shit wasn't funny but it was. It is because it's crazy how deep a nigga's love for their sisters run. A sister, younger or older, can have the toughest nigga on some sap shit tryna make sure she straight.

When you a brother to a woman, it's different than bein a brother to a nigga. You find out somebody hurtin yo sister, your first reaction is some sucka shit. And then you hop right into mode, ready to ride down on any dummy dat done did it.

"Where her lil ass at now?" I found myself askin.

"Upstairs sleep. You'a go get her for me? I bought all dis shit, so hopefully she in the mood to eat."

I got up and walked up the stairs as I heard the bathroom door open. Kimberly walked out lookin like she had been cryin da whole week.

"Aye. Von want you." I said. She ignored me as she walked into a room and closed the door behind herself.

I knocked on da door and leaned against it, waitin for a response.

"Leave me alone, Bryson." Kimberly said soundin sick as ever. I sighed.

"Open da door."

"No thank you." Kim said as I heard her movin around in her bed.

"You got some clothes on?" I asked.

"Yes." She simply replied as I opened the room door.

I looked at her as she looked at me. We sat in silence for a minute before she started cryin. I dragged my hand down my face as I sat on her bed.

"Stop all dis cryin shit, Kimberly. You pose to be playa about every situation." I joked.

"No, i'm not. I'm supposed to cry when I'm hurt, like a normal human bein." She shot back.

"You want me to air his spot out?" I asked in all seriousness. Kimberly sat up in the bed and pushed my shoulder as she smirked a little. I smiled.

"You so trigger happy." She told me.

"I'm not. Listen doe. You gone find a nigga dat love you forreal, no pretend shit. None of da fightin shit, and none of da fake carin shit. But until then, yo brother want you downstairs for a hot second."

"Alright. I'll be down in a minute," Kim said before I got up and opened her door back up.

"Bryson?" She called out.

"Yeah."

"Thank you." She simply said as she stood up to give me a hug. I sat there, lettin her hug me for as long as she needed to before she finally pulled away and we walked downstairs.

When we got downstairs, Von had about 15 blunts rolled next to all da food on the table. Sittin around the table was Jhasi and Prairie ass. Kimberly smiled and I shook my head. I'on know if it's da bud, the food, or her friends she more excited over.

"How my baby doing?" Prairie asked Kim as they got up to hug her. She shrugged her shoulders before turnin to Von.

"Thank you," She said as she pulled away from da hug and looked over at me.

"Let's smoke first."

"Aight. We fina' head on out. Text when you want me to come back through." Von stood up.

"I want y'all both to stay. Please." Kim looked between everybody. Her friends nodded, lettin her know they was down.

Von looked at me and I shrugged. "Fasho. I'an on shit."

Kimberly smiled big before we all sat around da table and picked up a blunt, all lightin separate ones. Dis was bout to be a big ass session.