21.

BRYSON.

I stood in the kitchen, wit my hands in my pants, lookin' for somethin to eat. To say it's cold would be the understatement of da fuckin' century. I ain't doin' shit today but chillin in the comfort of my own crib.

Sometimes I be thinkin' to myself why da fuck I got a house, when I never be in dis bitch? If I ain't at Von's shit, i'm in da mufuckin dungeon. If i ain't in dat mufucka, i'm at Kimberly's crib.

I dragged my hand down my face, realizin it ain't shit to eat in dis bitch. On God, i'm not runnin' round today doe. Dat shit dead. I took my phone out my pocket, and answered the facetime call dat was tryna' come through.

"Bryson. What you doin?" Kimberly asked me, her face finally poppin' up in the camera.

"Not shit. Damn near fina slump somewhere." I told her.

"Can you bring me some food? I'm hungry as hell." She said.

"It's cold as a bitch outside. You crazy?" I asked her as she began to pout.

"Don't start dat shit cause niggas not fina play wit you. It's negative 45 out dis bitch, my nigga." I said, disbelief clear in my voice.

Kimberly ass tweakin, dawg. It's bout freezin' outside and she poutin' over some food. I already told her lil ass I ain't leavin' da crib and dats what it is.

"Ugh. Alright." She said, wit dat same pout on her face. I hopped off da freezer and dragged my hand down my face.

"What you tryna' eat, mane."

——
KIMBERLY.

I got up from the stool I was sitting on when I heard somebody at the front door. I went to open it, seeing Bryson standing in the doorway holding bags. I smiled.

"This nigga out here in negative 45 degree weather, deliverin' food?" Von asked in disbelief as he bursted out laughing.

"Mane, fuck you. I hope yo' tickled ass ain't hungry." Bryson walked into Von's house. He was covered in snow.

"Gone somewhere, Von. I had him get you something too, with yo' lil skinny ass." I said, pointing a fry at him.

"Yea, aight. Good looks doe, B." Von got up to properly greet Bryson.

I handed the bags over to Von, telling him what Bryson got him, before my brother walked off to the kitchen. I looked around, trying to hide the huge smile that I felt forming as Bryson got out of his gear.

"Thank you." I told Bryson as he walked over to me and turned my head so that I was looking at him.

"You hidin' yo smile out now? I'm joked out." Bryson teased me as he pulled me into a hug.

"Shut up." I said as we both began to laugh.

Bryson's friendship is extremely important to me. I barely liked the nigga when we first met forreal, and it's like those be the best friendships. It's been a few months since we had that lil encounter, and who would've thought that that'd turn into us literally spending every day with each other?

I never had a male friend that strictly wanted to be friends but Bryson is just that. We literally do everything together. I can dig in my nose in front of dude without feeling even a little bit embarrassed. Vise versa. It's just a good ass feeling knowing I have a friend like him.

"Aye. I ain't comfortable wit what y'all got goin on." Von said, walking into the living room, and pausing when he saw Bryson and I all hugged up.

"You just salty because you gotta share your bestfriend." I told my brother.