Four

Aiden sat in her room, barely being able to hold the pen in her hand. It was foolish of her to think that leaving someone you have trusted so much with would be easy to leave behind, at that moment Aiden really didn't think about it, all that was on her mind was a delusional dream of moving to Iceland.

Aiden took in a deep breath that would help her calm down before pressing the pen on the paper, with the state she was in now, her handwriting would be barely readable and that would say a lot as Aiden had liked to keep her handwriting as clean as possible, so at least something in her life was pretty.

Mrs. Hong,

I know you have cared for me all these years and I'm truly grateful for that, but as you know I'm still a stubborn teenager who wishes to fulfill their dreams.

Felix's friend offered me a job that could get me out of here in no time and as it would be a work from home he suggested that I move in with them. For a while now Felix and I wanted to be roommates and live together, so this was the perfect opportunity.

I am quitting my job as the cashier at your store, but if it makes matters better I would like to say that your store was the best job I have ever had, you always had your eyes on me, so I would not do something stupid to the rude costumers.

Thank you so much for giving me a roof over my head and feeding me, so I would not die. Thank you for being the mother figure in my life.

All things come to an end and so has this. I love you so much from the bottom of my heart and I wish we will meet again someday, but for now, I'd be happy if you would not call me.

I love you,
Aiden x

Aiden's tears wouldn't stop running down her cheeks, it didn't make sense for her to cry this much over the fact that the old lady she lived with had to be lied to. Aiden could've just said that she was dating Felix and that she would be moving in for that reason, but something in her made her want to stay as close to the truth as possible.

Now all that was left was for Aiden to pack her bags and get out of there. Standing in the little room she's had for some time now made her realize how useless her life had been for the past few years, she wouldn't have any tear-jerking memories from these days nor would she have the wish to go back to this time.

Aiden opened up her little closet and pulled out her backpack, she had used the same bag to bring her clothing here and now she was going to use it to bring the same things out.

Her wardrobe wasn't anything spectacular as she wasn't really able to afford any of the branded clothing, all she owned was second hand, well most of it was. She had some clothing she had received from Mrs. Hong for Christmas and for her birthdays.

Aiden looked at the clothing and picked out the clothes that still fit her as most of them were too small for her, Aiden placed the small clothes back into the closet, maybe Mrs. Hong would bring in another misfit of the society and try to raise them.

Aiden quietly exited her room to walk to the bathroom, she walked in and looked at the small number of hygiene products there. She took her toothbrush and placed it in a small, clear plastic bag that was placed in the cupboard on the wall. She looked at the rest of her things there and her heart dropped, she knew she couldn't take it cause just like her, Mrs. Hong was always financially struggling, so she would end up using the same shampoo as Aiden and the same with shower gel and soap.

Little over five minutes later Aiden's phone was going off and the caller ID showed that her caller was Felix. Aiden quickly walked out of the bathroom and into her room, stuffing all the things inside her bag and quietly walking out of the house only to be met with Felix's motorcycle.