Twenty-Eight

" It's time," Chan announced as he opened the door of their van. The final mission of getting rid of The Minds was here, the preperations had lasted a month. NCT and Strays had actually managed to have good teamwork. Woojin was the real reason for the strong bond both teams managed to create. For once everyone was happy that Woojin had a history with NCT as it made things a lot easier this time around.

Aiden got out of the van and that was when the guilt washed over her. She looked at NCT get out of their vans with Yukhei and Taeyong taking lead. They might get hurt because of her today, and no matter how much she wanted to push that thought out of her head, she just couldn't. Maybe she wasn't as selfish as she had thought, but there was no turning back now. She had a mission and she needed to complete it.

Both teams split into smaller groups and started the their mission. Aiden was together with Chan and Jisung, as those three had decided to take up the deadliest part of the mission. Go face to face against the leaders. Aiden knew she wasn't going to get hurt during this task as the leaders are her parents, but she hoped they wouldn't hurt the other two, there was no need for that.

Chan opened a door which led to the kitchen, something felt very wrong to him, there was nobody in the house, no sound, no nothing.

" Where do you think they went?" Chan asked as he walked around the first floor, but the big doors of the main office sparked his interest.

He signed for both Aiden and Jisung to follow him, and so they did. Chan stopped right in front of the door and Jisung quickly opened it, met with the heads of The Minds.

" You knew." Chan plainly said as he placed his gun back into his back pocket, there was no way this was going to work, and he knew it. Chan motioned for the other two to place their guns down, but Aiden kept it in her hand.

" Ennie, what are you doing?" Chan whisper yelled at Aiden.

The girl walked closer to the leader of The Minds," They know my name, it doesn't matter."

" They-"

Jisung was cut off by Aiden's father rushing to engulf his daughter in a tight hug," My girl!"

Chan pulled his gun out back in an instant aiming it right at the man," Let go of her!"

Aiden let go of her father's hold and quickly turned back to face Chan," Put the gun down."

Chan pointed it at Aiden instead," Care to explain?"

Aiden's eyes became teary and before she could say anything her mother stood in front of her, shielding from Chan's aim," I'm Clare Heath, aren't you supposed to shoot me?"

" Heath?" Jisung quietly whispered and once he realized the the situation and hand he looked at Aiden with wide eyes," How long have you known?"

Aiden kept quiet.

" How fucking long did you know about this?" Jisung yelled at the girl hiding behind her mother.

Aiden softly pushed her mom to the side, so she could face Chan," Meet my mom."

Chan's hands were shaking as his breath became shorter and shorter," You said she was dead."

" Because I thought so a-"

" And you didn't think that you should tell us about this?" Chan's voice became louder and louder with each word rolling off his tongue.

" I knew you wouldn't understand, these are my parents Chan! I've lived my whole life thinking they were dead, but they aren't! Can you even imagine how I feel right now?" Aiden explained as tears rolled down her cheeks one by one.

" Did you try to make me understand? You betrayed us, sure you may not get hurt, but what about Jaemin and Lucas? They are here too for goodness sake, you could've just ran away if this was your plan!"

" I know they'll be fine."

" And what about me? Do you know that I'll be fine too?"

Aiden was about to step closer to Chan, but her mother pulled her to herself," We have to leave now otherwise we won't make it in time."

" Leave to where?" Chan asked.

Before Aiden could respond the sound of a helicopter appeared, the Heath family ran out through the second exit and soon enough they were gone.

Just then Felix and Yukhei ran in," What happened here?"

" Aiden betrayed us," Jisung said as he ran next to Chan who had fallen to his knees crying.

Chan held his hands in front of his face, one thing he had promised himself was that he would never show his other members his weak self, but here he was, in Jisung's hands, crying.

" Holy shit," Yukhei murmured under his breath.

Felix looked at Chan with a worried gaze, " You okay?"

Jisung sent a death glare Felix's way.

" Sorry, bad question..."