Twenty-Nine

NOT PROOFREAD

Aiden got off the helicopter with her mom and dad by her side, they had planned her way to Iceland all that was left was to actually get her there.

Her mother decided to join her and get her settled there while her father staid and took care of his mafia. This was as far as he was going to go, he wanted to join his wife and child, but he had other people he still needed to deal with and sadly, that meant joining his family later.

" How are you feeling?" Mrs Heath wrapped an arm around her daughter, looking at her with a soft gaze.

" I'm okay," Aiden quietly said, she regretted this already, but what else could she do? As always she didn't think everything through and once again ended up in a situation like this. This was the last she was going to see of South Korea, she couldn't even give Chan a goodbye kiss. She couldn't even say a farewell to Felix or Yukhei, who even knows how those two are feeling.

...

Jisung helped Chan get into their headquarters, placing the broken boy on one of the couches they hd in their living room.

" Can someone explain what happened and where the fuck is Aiden?" Minho asked.

" Has she ever mentioned anything about going somewhere? We could probably find-" Jeongin was cut off by Chan.

" There's no need to look for her, she left us willingly, they didn't kidnap her or anything... she just left."

Hyunjin sat down next to Chan," That doesn't sound like her."

" You're wrong, that sounds exactly like her," Felix sighed.

" Well, what are we going to do now?" Hyunjin asked, this boy was almost as sad as Chan. He just knew he couldn't express it now, it was clear now that his brother-like friend had deep feelings for the same girl as him, but seeing Chan so broken made him forget all about Aiden.

" We'll just have to move on," Woojin stated.

" But maybe we could ask Yukhei about this, I mean those were close, he must know something," Jeongin frowned.

" Didn't you hear what Chan said? We're leaving it be, she left willingly," Changbin placed his hand on Jeongin reassuringly.

The youngest shrugged Changbin's hand off and stormed up the stair towards Aiden's room.

" Great, now we also have an angsty teenager on our hands too," Minho sighed.

...

Jeongin entered Aiden's room and in an instant the tears streamed down his face, she became a close friend of his ever since their little vacation to the cabin.

The boy spotted a journal placed on Aiden's desk and quickly picked it up and opened it, turning the pages to the most recent entry.

" This has been an eventful day, turns out my parents are alive, but my grandmother faked my death, so I wouldn't be involved with The Minds business, but turns out it's not that easy, cause clearly i'm here and very much involved.

My mom isn't happy with how I'm living my life right now, she had nothing good to say about my friends, but that's not surprising. She's not happy about my love life either, but she's not the only one. I'm not happy with it too, so I guess that's okay.

Though I got to meet her and everything, I fear I've done something I'm going to regret. I told her about the attack on their mafia in return she promised to get me settled in Iceland, she said she'll come along and that my father would join us later. They're going to stay with me there until I find a normal job and can start a good life there. I don't think I've made the right decision though, I hope The Strays are going to stay safe as I love each and every one of them, but I can't imagine how must they will hate me once I'm gone and everything's out.

I can't imagine how much Felix is going to curse me out or how mad Jeongin's going to be, but if I think about these things I might stay.

There's still some time until the mission and I hope I can finally be true about my feelings for Chan. Me moving away to Iceland might be for the better then, he shouldn't have to deal with a girl being in love with him. Love doesn't come with the job, there's no place for it and I have to come in terms with that as well, there's not much I can do about it.

Anywho, I'm a mess right now."

Jeongin shot up from Aiden's chair, the boy ran downstairs with tears straining his cheeks and the journal in hand.

" What's wrong?" Felix asked as he looked at the messed up boy in front of them.

" Aiden's in Iceland!" Jeongin announced as he threw the journal at Felix for him to read.

Felix read through the entry and a soft smile made its say onto his lips," I think she might want to come back."

" We can't force it tough," Minho stated.

" We don't have to, she's in love with Chan, of course she'll want back after she realizes how much she's fucked up."

Chan raised his head from his palms and looked at Felix," What?"

Felix smugly passed the journal for Chan to read.

" She might want back, but we can't take her back," Changbin said.

" Yeah, you're right. She betrayed us and that's not forgivable, I know we all love her and want her to come back, but taking her back without any consequence would he plain stupid of us," Woojin pointed out.

Minho and Felix nodded in agreement.

" Then let's have her live a normal life, but keep her in our lives," Jisung suggested.

" How can she have a normal life? The girl's already in the radar for other mafia's as a Stray member