Thirty

THIS CHAPTER IS FOCUSED IN ICELAND, BUT PLEASE DO NOT SKIP CAUSE THIS IS GOING TO BE IMPORTANT FURTHER IN THE LAST FIVE CHAPTERS.

NOT PROOFREAD

It had been a year since Aiden moved to Iceland, she had found a job at a local news agency as a journalist. Yes, she didn't have any type of degree, but she had the perk of being the child of two mafia leaders, who had ties all around the world.

Her parents were running the mafia from afar, both had joined Aiden in living and turning their lives around in Iceland. If Aiden hadn't left the people back in Korea without any explanation she probably would love living the life she had now, but she still thought about Felix and Chan every single day.

She was sill in contact with Yukhei, who was livid at her at first, but the boy soon calmed down once he allowed her to explain herself. Yukhei promised to keep his contact with Aiden a secret, and he actually did. Nobody knew who was the person he would send handwritten letters to, but no one cared enough to ask, because he was a mafia member. As far as his team was concerned, he was just creating new relationships with other mafias.

Aiden's office life was eventful, there was this one guy Einar. He quite publicly had taken a liking towards Aiden, but whenever he tried to make a move something would go off. Einar was an extremely charismatic guy and his looks were very nice too, he was the ideal dream man to everyone in their department, but Aiden was a different story.

She couldn't dismiss Einar's charms cause they were definitely there and she could see why all of the girls like him, bur no matter how much she tried, she couldn't look at him as more than a friend.

Aiden was sitting at her desk editing one of the stories she had written the week before when Einar rolled next to her in his chair," So how is our Aiden doing this fine afternoon?"

Aiden softly laughed," She's barely holding on, watch out, she might just pull a gun on you."

The man dramatically placed his hands on his chest, right where his heart was," Ouch, how dare she pull a gun on her admirer?"

" Easily," Aiden said and pointed a finger gun at him.

The two laughed and Aiden turned back to reread the sentence she was stuck at," Yo, can you read this and tell me if it sounds off?"

Einar moved closer to Aiden and read the sentence on her screen," It sounds fine, but what is this story even about?"

" It's about recent mafia activity in Reykjavik," the girl said.

" Aren't you scared of writing about this? I mean you might anger some criminal and end up dead," Einar was worried about Aiden's choice of topic, he knew Aiden was a bit of a daredevil, but this wasn't something he thought he'd see.

Aiden shook her head," I'm not scared. I know how they work, and I know how to escape them, so whatever."

" Wha- How do you know how they work?"

" My best friends in Korea ended ip being mafia members, let's just say I decided to run away from all that before I could get involved by accident."

Lies, lies and more lies. She was involved and she didn't get involved by accident, she chose to do so.

" What are mafia people like?" Einar asked, his eyes full of excitement.

" Well, they're dangerous and deadly, but as people they're just like us - Normal. my friends were actually really nice and sweet to each other. All of them were chill," Aiden rambled on as she continued to scroll through her story.

Einar nodded his head and rolled himself back to his desk, he really likes Aiden and today was the day he was going to confess to her for real, he wanted to convince her to give him a chance.