Twenty-Five

a/n im so excited for this story to finally end, but there's still like 10 chapters left lmaoo

Chan looked at the letter in his hands with fear, he wasn't ready for this. Not yet at least, though this time he knew that JYP wasn't going to help him this time. The other mafias under his wing were in a truce with The Minds. Plus, the old man knew how dangerous The Minds were, so he wasn't going to ruin his relationship with them, even if it was just a mutual agreement to leave each other out of their problems.

This one time was the moment Chan feared the most when he decided to go more independent. Yes, he has brought all of his friends and teammates into danger, but at least they had freedom with how they chose to deal with the mess they got into.

Maybe he could ask Aiden to use her relationship with Lucas as a positive now? Chan really didn't want to involve a mafia that wasn't in the same mess as them, but NCT was quite similar to them, so there had to be a chance they received the same letter? Right?

...

Aiden sat on her bed and called Yukhei. The happiness in his voice was quite overwhelming when he realized it was Aiden on the other side of the line. Though the happiness of his voice would soon be replaced with worry.

The pair didn't even get a chance to talk when there was a muffled voice noticeable from Yukhei's line. Only a few words being actually distinguishable.

" What do you mean?"

" How is that supposed to make sense?"

" How did they find us?"

" Why ask Aiden? She won't tell me anyway.

Aiden furrowed her eyebrows, " Won't tell you what?"

Yukhei sighed," I really don't want to talk about work now as you're finally awake for once."

" Yukhei, if it's serious then we can't ignore it, just ask me whatever."

" Did you receive a letter from The Minds?"

" I'm not sure, I have to ask Chan about that."

" So Bang's name is Chan?"

" Fuck off, you've already been exposed anyway," Aiden rolled her eyes.

" Okay, back to business, please ask him because if we're alone in this... if we're alone we won't make it out alive."

Aiden's heart stopped beating for a second, " It's that serious?"

" Yes."

" Wait, I'll go ask him, stay on the line okay?"

Aiden stormed out of her room rushing down towards Chan's office, she knew he'd be mad that she's out of bed, but this couldn't wait.

Storming into the office, she found Chan sitting by his desk, the boy raised his head up and he washed over with anger, " Why are you out of bed?"

" Chan, this is serious, like really serious."

" There's nothing as important as you getting better and recovering, got it?"

Chan got up from his desk and made his way towards Aiden, noticing the phone in her hand," Go up, now."

" Chan, did we also receive a letter?

" also?"

" Yukhei said they got a letter from some mafia," Aiden explained as she stood stall, ignoring Chan's request to go back to her room.

Chan's face seemed the relax," He's on the line right?"

Aiden nodded her head.

" Give me the phone and go back up to your bed."

The girl sighed and gave Chan her phone, she didn't want to, but this wasn't about her in particular. She just had to deal with it.

Aiden walked back to her room, she knew Chan was just going to talk with Lucas about this letter, but she couldn't help but worry about the fact one of them might say something related to her.

...

" So, Chan's your name?" Lucas smirked on the other end if the line.

Chan rolled his eyes," Yeah, nice to meet you too, Wang Yukhei."

" Okay fine, let's leave this be. Did you also get a letter from The Minds?"

" Yes, I assume you are also scared for what's going to happen now, right?"

Lucas nodded, even though he knew Chan couldn't see him," Obviously, you should know what happens when they find you."

" I already do, and I think we need to team up for this, otherwise... we're not going to make it, neither of us."

" Is there a chance we could leave Aiden out of it though? I know it's stupid to ask this of you because she's a part of your mafia group, but I'm more than sure she isn't going to make it out of this alive otherwise."

Chan sighed," I agree with you, but sadly, that girl doesn't listen to anything we say. Firstly, she wasn't even supposed to meet you, yet here we are. So no matter what we want, she won't agree to that. She won't let us put our lives on the line, but keep her safe."

" Fine. Send me your headquarter's location, we'll come to you tomorrow."

Chan chuckled in disbelief," Do you really think I'll expose ourselves?"

" This isn't about you. This is about all of us. From what I've heard you're the type of leader who thinks of his members first."

" I am, that's why I didn't want to give you our address, but fine. I'll send it to you though Aiden's phone."