Nine

" Why the hell are we going with them? " Aiden whisper-yelled at Minho who was sitting right in front of her, tied up in the back of the van.

" Did you really think we could take them on? " Minho chuckled looking at Aiden in disbelief.

" I mean you're strong, so why -"

Minho cut Aiden off, " Firstly, I may be strong, but I'm not Felix strong. Second, you are the only other person on my team currently, so believe me when I tell you, we have a bigger chance of survival if we went with them. "

Aiden allowed her head to hit the wall behind her, " I'm too young to die. "

" Felix won't let you die, but don't rely on me too much, " Minho sarcastically smiled at her.

Aiden groaned and started looking at the ropes that were tying her up, " Isn't there a way to get out of these? "

" Yeah, and have to jump out of a moving van that is probably driving over the speed limit? no thanks, I don't want to try that. "

" Aren't you the one that should be trying to get out and do your mafia skill magic? " annoyance was all Minho was going to receive from his current partner.

Minho raised one of his eyebrows up, " Do I look like Sabrina the teenage witch to you? "

" No, " Aiden's voice seemingly became quieter.

" You, my dear stupid teammate, have been wrongly informed about what actually happens in these types of situations. "

Aiden scoffed, trying to avoid Minho's gaze, " Sorry, mister 'oh I'm a mafia member', all my training has come from some random Criminal Minds episodes, so sorry if I'm still rusty."

The two were bickering for what felt like hours when they were interrupted by the back doors of the van sliding open. Two men jumped in and roughly picked both of them up. The grip of their hands would definitely leave a bruise or two.

Both Aiden and Minho got blinded by some strange fabric and were walked to a mysterious holding cell. The men shoved them in there and removed the fabric that was around their heads and surprisingly they cut the ropes, allowing them to move freely, but all hope of being able to leave was lost when they walked out and closed the strange metal door, leaving Minho and Aiden alone.

" So what now? " Aiden asked with worry.

Minho took a deep breath and exhaled, " We wait. "

" For what? " Aiden was deeply confused.

" We wait for them to come and torture us. "

...

It had been many hours since the two of them were left alone in the cell. They didn't exchange any words, there were hardly even breathing. Both were as quiet as death itself.

" Hey, why did you join The Strays? " Aiden asked, breaking the deadly silence that had been surrounding them for a while now.

Minho stretched his neck and sighed, " That is none of your business. "

" I thought so too until I realized this might be the last day for us, so why not just spill all the deep, dark secrets, " Aiden softly smiled at Minho.

" It's all in the past and you're not my friend, so I don't have to tell you anything. "

Aiden wiped the stray tear that rolled down her cheek, " Can I at least tell you why I joined? "

" You want me to listen to your annoying voice? " Minho looked at Aiden annoyed only to realized Aiden was crying, " On second thought, sure. "

" everyone probably thinks I joined because I'm crazy obsessed with Felix right? " Aiden laughed at herself in pity.