Thirty-Four

NOT PROOFREAD

Aiden walked into her apartment and something immediately felt wrong. On the couch was seated Einar fiddling with a gun in his hands.

" Yo, where did you get that?" Aiden carefully asked as she slowly started stepping closer the the armed man.

Einar darkly chuckled," Why didn't you tell me your long lost love is Bang of The Strays?"

" Why would I have to mention something like that?"

" Of course, how didn't I notice. You had that fucking bracelet around your wrist this whole time," Einar got up from the couch and turned to face Aiden," Now tell me, are you with them?"

" With who?"

" Don't play stupid Aiden, are you one of The Strays?" Einar raised his voice.

The girl felt her skin become hot, she knew something wasn't right, and obviously it wasn't. The man she hd befriended for a year wasn't actually as oblivious as he pretended to be about mafias. He was clearly from one as well.

" No, I'm not."

" Don't lie to me, Heath."

" I'm really not! I was, but I ran away, my parents helped. I am in no way associated with them now, you have to believe me, Einar!" Aiden felt herself start to panic, but something inside of her kept telling her that everything would be fine.

Aiden's friend walked closer to her, each step making Aiden feel as if her heart would jump out her mouth," I really don't want to hurt you Aiden, I really don't."

" Then don't."

" I fell for Bang's girl, I hope you realize that this turn of events places me extremely high on their list of 'people they have to get rid of'," Einar laughed.

" I'm not Bang's girl or anyone's girl. I belong to myself and no one else, Einar. And believe me, he didn't even recognize you, he wouldn't have allowed you to leave if he would've."

" If not him, then who is going to come after me, hm? Felix? Thank you, but no. I actually like having my heart beat inside my chest."

" Einar, put the gun down. Don't do something you'll regret, what do I have to do for you to put that gun back where it was?" Aiden felt herself struggle to keep her breathing steady, but there was nothing she could do in this moment, she had to make it out alive no matter what.

The man slowly started to lower his gun, but if he were to pull the trigger, he'd still get her," I wouldn't regret shooting you, obviously, I can't have you, but leaving you for Bang to have is even worse."

" I like you, Einar. I really do, I wanted to come home and tell you that. I met Bang, but he made me realize I was actually over him."

Aiden hoped she was playing smart. Felling hit the closest to heart, right? Maybe that would keep Einar from shooting her.

" You're serious?"

" Yes! Einar, do you really think I'd come to Korea for you just because I wanted to come back? No, I came here for you, so you wouldn't be alone."

Einar's hands started shaking, the gun suddenly felt heavier than it was," Aiden, I didn't know you felt that way."

" Because I never told you."

" Serious?"

" Yes," Aiden nodded, smiling as softly and nicely as she could in her current state.

Einar quickly dropped the gun and wrapped his hands around Aiden's much smaller frame. Aiden calmed her breathing as much as she could and hugged him back, hoping if Einar felt her heartbeat, he would think it's because she's just so excited about this.

Aiden unwrapped one of her arms from Einar, pulling back to look at the man in front of her. The blonde boy  widely smiled at Aiden and that's when she grabbed ahold of his gun, pulling it away and kicked him swiftly away from her, pointing the gun back at him.

" That is what I would've said if you didn't pull a gun on me," Aiden coldly answered, her breathing became calm and her hands stopped shaking.

The doorbell rang to their apartment, Aiden kept the gun pointed at him and moved to open the door, when she did she was greeted with Minho," Missed me?"

" I'd hug you, but right now there is a blonde Islandic boy trying to kill me."

Minho moved past Aiden and walked up to Einar," Oh isn't it Gunnarsson himself. So? Your little plan didn't work?"

" Shut up, Asian boy," Einar hissed.

" Oh wow, I guess this blonde one isn't friendly. Tell me Aiden, is he really better than us that you could just leave?"

" So you just left, interesting," Einar looked at Aiden and smirked.

" You keep quiet if you want to walk out of here alive," Minho patted on the back, watching and Chan and Hyunjin enter the apartment.

Hyunjin walked up to Aiden as Chan moved to tie Einar's hands, " You okay?"

Aiden fell to her knees and placed the gun right next to her, the tears started to stream down her cheeks, she raised her hands up to cover her face as she sobbed.

Hyunjin stepped away from the girl and moved towards Chan and Einar," I think she's yours to handle, Chan."

Chan nodded his head and allowed Hyunjin to take care of Einar, instead making his way to pull Aiden into an embrace.

Aiden wrapped her hands around Chan, hiding her tear stained face into the crook of his neck," I'm so so sorry."

The boy knew there should be consequences for how Aiden acted a year ago, but after hearing from Hyunjin, he just couldn't force himself to hurt the girl anymore.

Felix walked in as Aiden cried into Chan's hold. At that moment Chan pulled Aiden away from the hug," I think there's someone else you should really apologize to."

Aiden turned her head and saw Felix, her body picked itself up immediately and quickly wrapped her arms around her best friend," I'm so, so sorry, Fe. I'm so glad you're okay."

Felix kept his arms at his sides trying to ignore the feeling inside of his chest, he felt happy to finally see his best friend, but he couldn't erase the hatred he had developed for the girl.

But when his eyes traveled down to the face of his friend, he quickly returned the hug, pulling Aiden closer," You're a bitch, you know?"

" I'm aware."