XXI

~Thursday January 13th~

The long morning drones on as I practically trudge to the cafeteria, simply not being able to get out of this slump no matter how much I try to distract myself with school. As soon as I set my bag down at our table with a *humph* I am greeted by Olivia's cheerful spirit.

"Hey Theresa!"

"Hey, could we talk out in the hallway?" I reply.

"Sure, I hope this is about that mysterious phone call I got last night... I definitely heard some voices talking. One was obviously yours, but I couldn't quite pinpoint who the other voice belonged to..." Olivia says with a mischievous grin, telling me that she knew exactly who I was talking to. I roll my eyes, breaking out into a small grin nevertheless.

"We can talk about that too," I say as I stand up, her following my actions. We walk out of the cafeteria, leaving our bags at the table with our friends. When we get out into the hallway, I close the door behind us but find that it's still too loud and busy in the hallway. "There's still too many people. Let's go into the bathroom."

"Ooh, all the way in the bathroom. This must be some really juicy gossip, I'm excited." We enter the girls bathroom down the hall and both immediately start checking to see if there's anyone else in there. Luckily enough, we're alone.

"Okay, I have good news and bad news. What do you want first?" I say as Olivia leans against the counter of sinks.

"Good news," she responds after thinking for a moment. I try to contain a smile, knowing that she won't view this as good news until she realizes what I realized, what caused me to call her in the first place.

"Yesterday a little birdy was questioning me about whether or not you like Cameron." Her face immediately pales.

"What?" She squeaks, making me laugh at her dramatic reaction.

"Noah and I were studying-"

"Studying," Olivia interrupts me mockingly, using air quotes around the word.

"Hey! I was tutoring him! We were doing French!"

"Yeah, French kissing," she responds with an evil smirk. I gasp and my jaw drops at the audacity of such an assumption.

"Do you want to know the details about Cameron or not!"

"Fine, fine. Continue."

"So Noah and I were studying," I pause for emphasis and Olivia rolls her eyes, "and out of nowhere he asked me if you liked Cameron. I told him that I didn't want to answer."

"Oh no, he didn't buy it, did he?" She asks and I grimace.

"Yeah, no. He didn't. But," I say as she noticeably begins to panic, "this means that they were talking to each other about the kiss, and that Cameron asked Noah to ask me about you. So they were talking about you, and Cameron wanted to know how you feel!"

"I honestly don't know how to feel about this."

"That's why I tried to call you. I had to run away from Noah, and right when you picked up he tackled me onto the bed and my phone flew across the room." As soon as I say it, I immediately regret it.

"He tackled you onto the bed?! Oh my god, you guys didn't, did you?!"

"No no no, I should not have said that. Just ignore that I said that. Nothing happened. I swear. Also, you need to swear not to tell Noah or Cameron that I told you all of this. Noah will kill us both."

"You mean Noah will tackle you onto a bed again, and I'll have to escape before I witness-"

"Shut up!" I cut her off. "Nothing happened! Jeez!" I know my face is bright red now, which doesn't help me keep my cool while Olivia laughs at me.