XXXIX

~Wednesday, April 20th~

Still fighting back tears of frustration, I thank David and Miss Marie and exit the studio. I trudge to my bag and take off my pointe shoes, putting street clothes on over my leotard and preparing to leave the studio.

As soon as I get home I ditch my bag on the counter and go up to my room. I sweated throughout the entire long, difficult rehearsal, so a shower is necessary immediately. I feel much cleaner but only a little bit happier afterward. Putting on leggings, a soft sweatshirt, and fuzzy socks, I plop down on my bed with the intention of staying there for the next few hours until dinner.

Maybe twenty minutes into my wallowing, my phone vibrates on my bedside table. I lay still for another three minutes before getting myself to pick it up.

"Are you busy?" Reads a text from Noah. I consider what to respond. I don't actually have plans besides laying on my bed and taking a depressed nap, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to socialize instead or not. I decide to be completely honest.

"Technically I'm free but I was planning on just staying in bed the rest of the day... I just got out of rehearsals and they went really awfully."

"What happened? Do you want to talk about it?"

"I guess, but I don't really feel like typing it all out..." I respond, not really feeling like doing anything that takes any effort at all.

"Well why don't you come over and you can rant to me, and then we can watch a movie or something and you can fall asleep if you get tired," Noah sends. As tired and helpless feeling as I am, this sounds very tempting. Staying here and feeling sad and upset is only going to make me more depressed, while going and doing something will distract me. Noah is certainly a distraction from dance - and school - but sometimes that's exactly what I need.

"Alright," I send, then begin to type again. "Text me when you're ready for me to come over, and do you want me to bring anything? Snacks maybe?" I send as well.

"I'll pick you up in 15 minutes. Don't worry about bringing anything."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes TD, I'm sure."

"Okay, I'll see you then." Noah reads my text immediately, but doesn't respond with anything.

After a short ten seconds of consideration, I decide that I am not going to change out of my comfy clothes. Noah already knows I've had a long day, and even if he didn't, I really don't think he would judge.

Fifteen minutes later I hear the roar of Noah's Jeep over the soft pounding of rain on my driveway. When I open my front door I jump a little as I see Noah standing right in front of it, about to ring the doorbell. He's holding a large, dark blue umbrella.

"Hi," I say as he smirks down at me.

"Hey," he responds. I close and lock the door behind me, then step underneath the umbrella with him. We have to walk close to each other in order to stay dry, but I really don't mind. Noah follows me to the passenger side door and opens it for me so that I stay under the umbrella the whole time, and when I slide into the seat I am greeted with a very warm welcome.

"Miss Teresina!" Melody squeals from her booster seat in the back.

"Hi Melody," I laugh, turning around in my seat to smile at her. By now Noah has also gotten in the car and begins to back out of my driveway.

"Do you like my watch?" Melody says to me, proudly showing off her wrist.

"Wow, I love it!" I say, noticing that the large, masculine watch has been strapped to her wrist upside down.