XXXII

~Sunday February 13th~

Note: this chapter does not take place the day after the previous chapters, but a week later.

"Theresa, honey, wake up," my mom says, shaking my shoulders gently.

"Hmm? Am I late?" I say, looking at the clock on my bedside table. It's just past nine, and I didn't need to wake up until ten for rehearsals.

"No, you're not late. My car won't start, I need to take yours to work. I can drive you to rehearsals, but we need to leave early so I still get to the hospital on time."

"Okay," I say, rubbing my face and barely registering what she's saying.

"Do you want me to make you breakfast?" My mom asks, knowing how much I hate waking up early, especially when I didn't think I would need to.

"Sure, thanks," I say, picking up my phone. When I am well caught up with my notifications I finally get out of bed, dragging myself to the bathroom.

Today I have my first partnering rehearsal for Giselle, meaning that the man who I will be performing most of the ballet with will be there today. This of course is both exciting and nerve wracking. I'm excited to put what I know about partnering to use, but also nervous that something won't turn out well. I'm constantly thinking that at some point Miss Marie is going to decide that she picked the wrong dancer for Giselle, but I try not to let that idea disrupt my thoughts too often.

I wash my face and brush my teeth before heading back to my room. Deciding to skip makeup - anything I put on I'll just end up sweating off - I pull my hair up into a ponytail, then twist and pin it into a bun. Next it's time to change out of my warm, soft pajamas. The leotard I pick out is white over my chest and gray for the rest of my torso, with light blue piping. It's cut in a v in the front, and a low v in the back. I also grab a clean pair of soft pink tights and change, throwing leggings, a t-shirt, and my light jacket on top.

As I walk down the stairs I can smell the eggs that my mom is making, and can't help but get excited. I normally settle for a bowl of cereal in the morning, so I'm extremely grateful that my mom is home now.

"I won't be able to drive you home from rehearsals, I'll still be at work. Do you think one of your friends can give you a ride?" My mom says while we are eating.

"Sure, Olivia probably can," I respond.

"Okay, good." We finish eating and put our plates in the sink. I grab my dance bag and fill up a water bottle before we head out to my car together. My mom and I share the fifteen minute ride to dance in light conversation with soft music in the background. On the way, I text Olivia.

"My mom needed to take my car today, could you pick me up at the studio at four?" Olivia responds within minutes.

"Sorry hon, I'm at my little brother's birthday party from one to six. If you can't find anyone else to drive you though, I would love an excuse to leave ;)"

"Haha okay, I'll let you know." I try to think of other people I know who could give me a ride. Andrea doesn't have her own car so I doubt that she'd be able to, and Riley is still in rehab. None of my other school friends know where the studio is. Well, almost none of them. I remember the conversation I was having almost exactly a week ago.

"If you ever need anything," I say, pulling away from the hug, "if you need someone to watch Melody or to run to the store to get something, I will always be willing to help."

"Thank you, and the same goes for you. Let me help you Teresina."

"I will. Thank you."