Bonus Chapter (I, II, IX)

{Noah's POV}

Chapter I

~Monday, January 3rd~

"Dude, that New Year's party was insane, it's a serious bummer you couldn't come."

"Yeah, yeah, I know. But my aunt was out of town and I wasn't going to pay for a new babysitter on New Year's Eve just so I could go to a party," I respond to Cameron, standing in front of a line of lockers in the halls of the high school. The first day back to school after winter break is always a rough one, but at least this year we have the silver lining of this being our last semester of high school. And unlike most other students, at least I'm not nursing a hangover.

"I know, I just would've liked to have had my best friend there," Cameron responds with an aggressive slap to my shoulder.

"Maybe next time," I say, when suddenly a sharp, dense object hits the back of my head, causing me to jump forward and wince in pain. "What the hell?" I exclaim, immediately turning on the mean-boy persona.

Hey, I've got a reputation to keep up here.

I spin around as the owner of the locker closes the door - so that's what hit me. I look down at my attacker, and suddenly feel bad for Cameron. Of course the girl he's been crushing on the past month is the one who just wacked me in the head with the sharp corner of a metal locker. My temper is probably going to ruin her first impression of him.

"I'm sorry, it was an accident-" she begins, and I start to roll my eyes at her apology.

"It was my fault, I pushed her and she bumped into her locker door, we didn't even see you there," a new voice says, gaining my attention.

Woah.

I meet the most beautiful pair of green eyes I've ever seen, with an intense fire in them as she speaks to me. She genuinely takes my breath away, and I have to use up time to get it back by glaring at her.

"You are so going to pay for that," I say, taking a step towards her almost against my own will. That was so stupid and cliché... and weirdly violent, I criticize my own words in my head. The girl in front of me looks genuinely afraid of me for a moment, before trying to cover it up again. Though, she's not very good at it.

"It was an accident, we said we were sorry. I don't need to pay for anything, and neither does Olivia," she responds, again with way more confidence than I'm used to being spoken to with when I'm in a mood like this. Still, even though her voice doesn't waver, I can see in her face that she's still intimidated by me. As much as I know that she's right and it really isn't that big of a deal, my pride is too big to allow me to step down.

"Don't talk back to me," again, so stupid, but the first response that comes to mind. In order to make the statement more threatening I take another step towards her, and now we're only inches apart.

Suddenly I feel like I can see into her soul or something. I notice gold flecks in her stunning green eyes, light freckles sprinkling her cheeks and nose, soft pink lips, and a slight smell of lavender.

Alright, I need to know who this girl is. I definitely recognize her, she's probably a senior too, but I can't put a finger on her name - or if I actually know her as more than just a classmate or not.

I'm ripped away from my thoughts and admiration of her as Cameron steps between us, pressing on my shoulders to push me back. If she hadn't distracted me so much I would've fought back harder, but instead I allow him to remove me from her personal bubble.

"Okay, let's go now Noah," he says, and I hear annoyance in his tone. I'm sure he's thinking an equal combination of don't get in trouble again, especially not for hitting a girl, and especially not in front of Olivia. I watch as the two girls turn and leave, walking down the hallway at a brisk pace. My eyes stay trained on the brunette, especially when she glances over her shoulder at me, until Cameron blocks my view of her.