Chapter 27: Cocaine Was One Of Them

Lian's POV
I remember when Nellie and I hid in this closet the first day we came here. All we did was go on Tumblr and fight over a stupid blanket, but that's the last happy memory I have of her. And, that was weeks ago. Don't you think I should have known something was wrong if that was the last time I saw her happy?
I snuggle into the blanket more and wipe away my tears. I just want innocent Nellie back, and I know that's never going to happen.
I hear someone walk up to the door. I quickly shuffle all the way back to the closet and bury myself under sheets and blankets. The door quietly opens and Zayn walks in. I stay as still as possible, so it looks like I'm just a pile of junk, which in realtity I am.
"Lian, I know you're in here. I heard noises just before I opened the door." He soothingly says.
I sigh and sit up. He walks closer to me and plops down. We sit together in the darkness for a while, letting the silence take over. Zayn is the first one to speak.
"Are you okay?" He asks.
"That is the most idiotic question I've heard in my entire life." I honestly tell him.
What the hell does he think? Did he want me to lie like I usually do and say "Yes, I'm doing fine. Thanks for asking." No, I'm done lying so it'll make people feel better. The truth always comes out, so why not now?
"Okay, better question. What can we do to have one less moping person around here?" He sincerely asks me.
What would make me stop acting like this? I really don't know if anything could make me stop feeling empty and horrible.
"I need Nellie back."
He sighed and looked into my eyes. "Lian,"
"I know, I know. It's not going to happen."
"Do you want to take a walk? It might make you feel better." He suggested.
I nodded. Nellie and I used to take walks all the time. I can't remember the last time, though. I can't remember much, anymore.
Harry's P.O.V
Zayn and Lian never came back.
They might have gone to get food but, neither of them are picking up their phones. No ones really worrying though. Zayn always knows what to do.
Liam was sitting on the couch, flicking through the channels. Zayna was trying to focus on the book she was reading.
Louis and Louise were upstairs, doing god knows what. And Harriet was with Cece.
I was starting at the door.
The channels in the back round stop changing, committing to the news. Some things were never needed to be said.
"The bodies of Zayn Malik and Lian Pain were found earlier tonight, the cause of death is still unknown."
I let out a strangled cry. There was a loud bang as the tv fell from the wall, Liam stormed outside leaving Zayna and I in uncomfortable silence.
Louise's P.O.V
"Don't be a wimp. Do it!" I urged, dangling the plastic bag in front of Louis.
"I dunno Louise.... this is bad. Like, really bad. I have no experience in this field...." He argued.
"Do it! Do it! Do it!" I cheered, pouring the bag out onto the mirror.
I took a razor I found in Nellie's room and sectioned off the white power.
"Louise," Louis sighed.
I shook off his words. "Let go for once."
I bent down, my nose near the glass. Pausing for effect, I heard Louis sigh and bend down too.
"I don't really know what to do." He admitted.
"Do what feels natural." I giggled.
I took a breath and let the rest come easy.
Zayna's P.O.V
Somethings are never meant to be seen.
The sight of your friend's bodies crumpled on the ground.
Somethings are neve meant to be heard.
The sound of your friends names on the news, announcing their deaths.
Somethings are never meant to happen.
The feel of death, swarming though the house.
Somethings were never meant to be done.
And cocaine was one of them.