Chapter 1: The Mystic Base

The sun was rising, the rays of light stretching across the expansion of sky. Quinci was still flying around in the air. The ocean breeze still chilled her four friends, so she was still throwing fire balls around. On the ocean, gyarados was still swimming along. Bell, Ravisu, and Rudia were sitting on gyarados, while Shelly, was jumping from steps of ice that she created on the water. Bell was murmuring about tech-y stuff.

"The electri-- no. Wait, but the chip-- oh! Wait, no! Uhm, let's see if--," Bell was murmured. Probably figuring out the wristbands. Quinci thought. Ravisu was still taking a nap, and Rudia was chatting with Shelly.

They were heading to the Mystic base. Shell had suggested gathering an army to attack Instinct last night.

"We need a good plan," she had reasoned, "I think we should assemble an army and attack strategically. We should head to the Mystic base first, since we're already on the ocean."

"Aw," Quinci had whined, "Why can't we just attack?" Shelly had chosen to ignore her. Valors, she had thought.

Quinci (now) flew down onto gyarados. As her feet touched the pokemon, her wings disappeared into ruby sparks. Quinci asked, "How much longer?" Shell tapped her glasses. Through them, lines appeared over the ocean; latitude and longitude.

"Um," she replied, "We should be there in around five minutes."

Rudia paused, then asked, "Are we there yet?"

"No. It's been like, what, two seconds?" Shell rolled her eyes.

Bell looked up and corrected Shelly, "Actually, exactly 6.235 seconds was the span between Rudia saying 'are', and you saying 'minutes'."

"How the heck did you do that?" Shell asked. "We've been flying since the end of part 2 and the start of part 3."

Bell responded, "Ever since the wristbands, I've been studying engineer-y stuff. I already know how to code and other things, so my head is kinda whizzing around right now." She paused, and said quickly, "You have no idea what it's like, the wristbands. Everyone as if they were sedated or something. Like their life force covered in chains."

"Woah," Quinci laughed, "That's deep." Bell rolled her eyes.

"Ohh!" Shell yelled, waking Ravisu, "We're here." Ravisu looked down into the water. She couldn't see past the blue surface. It was weird; the water was cloudy, filled with sediment, but light still glinted on it like glass.

"Umm," Quinci said, "Shelly; I trust you on this, but how did you usually get down there?" Shelly pressed some buttons on her glasses. It expanded; becoming goggles with a breathing tube.

"That's only one..." Rudia said. Bell slapped her forehead at Shell's stupidity.

"Good point," Shelly said, flushing. But then she had another idea. Putting the goggles on, she dove into the water. Water splashed, like miniature pearls. It rained seawater on her friends.

"Seriously?" Quinci rolled her eyes, shaking off the water. She grew wings again and used a gust move to blow off the water on her friends.

"Guys?..." Bell nudged Ravisu. The water where Shelly had dove in began to separate, forming a large hole. The water around it froze, and soon it was a tunnel of ice, going into the depths of the ocean. Quinci landed on gyarados, wings disappearing.

"That looks ominous," Ravisu said.

A voice called out from the tunnel, echoing, "Come on guys! I can't hold this for too long! 18ish minutes probably!"

"You first!" Quinci exclaimed, and thrust out her arms to push Rudia in. But she dodged, and Quinci fell inside head first. Darkness swallowed her, ice licking at her. In her heart, fear raged. But even more than that, was excitement.

Quinci loved a good scare. For her, fear + excitement = awesomeness. Out of the whole group, she was the one who loved amusement parks the most. She called scary rides, like Goliath from Magic Mountain awesome. Others called it the worst ride ever.

"AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! she screamed happily. Another good part about roller coasters was that you got to scream really loud and no one looked at you weird. Behind her, Bell and Ravisu were sliding down; she could tell by their screams (of probably real terror). Rudia meanwhile, on the surface jumped in as well.

"Guys?!??" Shelly yelled, her voice echoing through the tunnel, "I don't think I can hold this for-" Quinci could hear water slosh faintly. Uh oh. The top of the tunnel must be melting!

"COME ON GUYS!" she yelled, "SLIDE, SLIDE, SLIDE!"

"My butt hurts!" Bell yelled.

Ravisu screamed back, "Too bad!"

"SQUIRTLE!" Rudia hollered in a high pitched voice. She spun around, so suddenly, her head was lower than her legs, and her back was pressed against the ice. She could see the darkness moving, the water so close to her. She could taste the saltiness in the air.

 She could taste the saltiness in the air

"Ah!" Quinci fell on white stone. She stood up, before the others could smother her.

She gasped at the sight in front of her, marveling at what seemed like Atlantis. The white stone was a winding path, suspended over water. Beneath the surface of it, grew vibrant coral. Ahead, blue and cyan towers rose in a pentagon shape, connected by an azure wall. In the middle of the skyscrapers (or ocean-scrapers?) was a giant auditorium, the seats white limestone. And all of that was encased in a huge bubble-like dome.

"Woah!" Quinci smiled. "This base is awesome!" Shelly was in front of her, looking a little tired. Quinci went on, "And the slide was THE BEST RIDE EVER!!! This makes it up on the list. Probably third best next to Goliath from Magic Mountain and Beach Blasters from Belmont Park. What is it called Shell? Mystic Mountain? And woah! Look at those fish through the glass!" She kept on talking as Bell, Ravisu, and Rudia slid down. Rudia gaped a little as well at the base. Ravisu, Bell, and Shelly were all a little puzzled. It wasn't that awesome. But, they had been here a bazillion times, considering the fact that Shelly even lived here.

"Eh." Rudia scoffed, recovering her swagger, "Valor base is awesomer. It's like this awesome looking volcano; the sides have like lava dripping down, and the entrance is hidden except for this beautiful amber crystal. And-"

"Okay, okay," Shell interrupted, as she closed a hatch on the side of the glass. It was where they had entered.

Quinci laughed, "The Valor base is cooler."

"Actually," Ravisu said, "This place is probably much cooler; if you guys have lava dripping from the walls, then it would be pretty hot." Rudia rolled her eyes.

"GUYS!" Shelly said, breaking the conversation, "Let's go! We need every second!" She began to run down the path. The others followed.