Chapter 7: Fidget Spinners

Shelly watched amused as Rudia, Ravisu, and Cheese sang their song and dropped squirtles. She heard them scream, "ORANGE PINEAPPLES!!!" Then she snapped back into focus.

Shell started to creep up to Raichu. She glanced up to see Rudia dropping squirtles on everyone who tried to look at her. Soon she was right behind Raichu, and he turned to look at her.

"SQUIRTLE!!!" a squirtle screeched, blasting water into Raichu's face right before landing on him.

"ARGH!" he grunted, a little muffled. He glared at Rudia in hatred. It was the perfect chance.

Shelly unleashed her powers as a chill creeped through her arms into her hands and finally, to her fingers. She blasted a cold blast at Raichu, freezing him. Raichu burst out of the ice cube, turning around to come face to face with Shelly.

"You never give up, do you?" Raichu sneered.

"No actually I don't," Shell REKT him.

"Well let me teach you how," he REKT her back.

They both spread their wings, rising up above the others, releasing all they had at each other. Raichu threw balls of electricity that Shelly dodged perfectly. Shell threw a glacier at him that he broke easily. They both gathered up power, each sending their attacks, Raichu sending electricity and Shelly sending a blizzard of wind, snow, and ice. The attacks met in the middle, similar to Quinci and Raichu's attack from before. However, unlike before, one attack was not pure energy. So, the ice and lightning pushed against each other, in a great struggle.

"Break, you Raichu!" Shelly said through clenched teeth. "Break!" She abruptly added more force to her attack, and Raichu was pushed to the ground.

"Take that!" she shouted, pinning him to the ground with ice shards. She landed in front of him, smiling in triumph.

"You fight well," he replied mysteriously as a flash of yellow appeared in his eyes. "Very well indeed. You shall make a very good warrior on my team Articuno...."

In a single smooth movement, Raichu reached inside his jacket pocket and pulled out, not one, but five spinning circles. Then, he threw all five swiftly, and they soared like ninja stars around Shelly.

"What the---?" she yelled. The ninja star things began to shoot out tiny bullets at her. They didn't do any damage, but the pain was startling and distracting. Shelly raised her arms, and pushed the ninja stars away, and their bullets, with a gust of wind. The stars and bullets clashed to the ground, broken.

"What is this?" Shelly said, and bent down to pick up one of the damaged stars. With a gasp, she realized what the weapons had been. Fidget spinners.

It was only afterwards, she realized Raichu was gone.

***

Raichu flew silently over the battlefield. Rudia, Ravisu, and Cheese were nearly out of squirtles and everyone was back to fighting. Ravisu happily pushed the last squirtle off, which fell on an Instinct fighting a Valor name Vanilla Cookie (Nilla for short). Nilla commanded his vanillish to use ice beam to defeat the Instinct and win the battle.

Raichu landed in front of the Valor-Mystic medic tent. He was disguised as Nilla, since he knew he was on the other side of the battlefield. Because he was a "Valor", the guards let him in. He walked toward Quinci, who was sitting up, eyes flashing like fire. She turned toward Nilla, and spoke in Moltres's voice.

Nilla Cookie? Moltres asked. What are you doing here?

"I um..." Raichu stuttered, "was blasted by a charmander and now I think I have a fever."

WORST LIE EVER!!! Zapdos screamed inside his head.

Then go find a nurse, Moltres rolled her eyes.

"Will you pay attention?" Medhaterranean asked her, "Your wings are nearly paralyzed, and if you keep on moving, I'm going to get a burn!"

Sorry, Moltres said. She flexed her wings a little, and grumbled. It was so annoying! She could feel her wings, but she could barely move them! When she had saved herself and Quinci from falling onto the ground, it had taken a lot of willpower and adrenaline.

Raichu/Nilla walked away to find a nurse. He smiled cunningly.

Now all he needed to do was wait.