𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

Two Days LaterWildcats Tryout: Paige's POV

Two Days Later
Wildcats Tryout: Paige's POV

The day of tryouts. My one way ticket to a scholarship. Got my tryout number at the sign in desk. Lucky 26. Please give me luck. There's a lot of competition here. Most of these girls are doing awesome stunts, while the past two days I've been training by watching all of the Bring It On! movies. Before tryouts began, i sat down next to Dean as we watch others practice.

Alicia: My name is Alicia Fox. I have the honor of being coach for the Longwood University Wildcats. It's really great to see you all here today.
And I'm hoping at least one of you has what it takes to wear Wildcat blue. So tell me, ladies, did you bring your a-game?

Girls who were trying out screams. Dean, sarcastically cheers along. He's so annoying.

Alicia: I'm sorry, I asked who brought their a-game?

*louder screams*

Alicia: That's what I'm talking about.

Dean: You know, you realize that this is insane.
Paige: Yes, painfully aware. Thank you.
Roman: Hey, number 26. Come on, move it. Stragglers will be shot.
Paige: Yeah, yeah. Right with you, pal.

I was about to get to the floor and Dean stops me.

Dean: Hey, remember...you are mighty...You are Batgirl.
Paige: You are blindly optimistic.
Dean: Thank you for noticing. *chuckles* Hey, don't trip, number 26.
Paige: Bite me Ambrose

I started walking down the stairs and i bump into that blonde that tried to slap me the other day.

Paige: *curious* You're a judge?
Renee: Captain, actually. Good luck.

Sasha: You know that one?
Renee: i tried to slap her the other day. She has fast hands.

Tryouts

There's a lot of girls trying out. A lot really good. I see I'm getting a good impression on the coach but not the captain who i had an altercation the other day.
I made to top 5 and we had to quickly learn how to do this choreography. During the process. I was a mess. I move right when i was supposed to go left. I stood still when i was supposed to jump. I was not doing well.

Sasha: Hopeless.

Alicia: Number 26, just chill. Have fun. You can do it.

Fine...if it take me to get on the team. Then I'll do it. So i pretty much did everything opposite what everyone was doing. I did my own thing.

Renee: That is not what we do

Alicia: *interested* No, it is not.

Sasha: She's not doing the choreography

Renee: Did she just do a lay-out, step-out? It took me 6 months to hit that

Alicia: Yeah! Fantastic, ladies. Nice work. Take a breather.

...

Roman: Well, damn, girl. Where'd you pick up those moves?
Paige: Um, townie bars. I've been going since I was 16. And I may have trained a little bit. I'm Paige, by the way.
Roman: Roman.
Paige: So, tell me, Roman, Captain Bobblehead over there.
Roman: Renee?
Paige: Can the other two outvote her?
Roman: I guess so. Why?
Paige: No reason.
Roman: Well, I know she nearly crapped herself when you landed that step out.
Paige: Landed the what?
Roman: *chuckles* Oh, wow, you are green. Yeah, you're green. *leaves*

    I'm... green?

Renee's POV

Alicia: Ok, number 26 is up next.
Sasha: No way.
Alicia: I liked the crazy dancing thing.
Sasha: It's weird.
Alicia: It's different. We need to mix it up or NLCU kills us at qualifiers.
Sasha: Renee? Hello? You're the tie-breaker.

Great, I'm the swing vote....i don't know what I'm going to do?

Hours later: Paige's POV

   I chill against a tree nearby the bulletin board outside where i saw Renee put up the paper on who made it in the team. As i see a lot of girls heading toward. Most of them, looking sad. I wait until everyone was gone to see if i made it. This is my one chance to getting a scholarship and staying at Longwood. I close my eyes until i forced myself to open them.

Paige: Ok. And Open. Open now. And Now.

   I opened one eye and i see #26 and my name on the list.

Paige: Yes! Yes!

    I made it! I made it on the team.

🤸‍♀️📣

𝔲𝔫𝔡𝔦𝔰𝔭𝔲𝔱𝔢𝔡